View Poll Results: How much longer does your T600 last with a off-it/sandman type utility?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% no battery savings

1 14.29%
  • 1% to 20% more

4 57.14%
  • 21 to 40% more

1 14.29%
  • 41% to 60% more

1 14.29%
  • 61 to 80% more

0 0%
  • 81% to 100% more (100%=twice the talk time!!!)

0 0%
  • My phone runs forever now (sandman=nuclear fission via u-235)

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    I tried to search through all the threads that would pertain to this and didnt find anything but info on problems people encoutered with utilities that turn off the sceen while on a call. I apologies if i have overlooked a thread that did have this info. But i was wondering if these utilities/hacks such as sandman/off-it were actually saving you guys any battery life while you were on the phone. Thought a poll maybe interesting to see (hope u guys dont mind). I would imagine it would be somwhat of a benifit, but by how much i would not know. I will probably just install it myself and see, but just was wondering what your guys input on this was.

My prob is that since i have the unlimited plan on ATT i am on the phone ALL the time, and my battery gets used up and runs low by the evening. although i guess i could get the battery backpack, i think just saving a little bit or power somehow would push me over the edge, where i would not have to use a backpack and mess up the asthetics of the t600. Any ideas/suggestion.

thanks in advance.

fas
    I think sandman saves me about 2d
    argh.. posting from phone you can see. I think it saves me 20 percent (sprint cdma). I get 5 hrs talk time vs 4 hrs.
    This is slightly unrelated, but may be helpful to those of you attempting to save battery life in general. There are programs that turn off wireless mode at a certain time such as Treo Tools, Radio Control or TreoHelper. I found that using one of these to turn off wireless at night on my Treo 180 extended the battery by quite a bit.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by nonstop
    argh.. posting from phone you can see. I think it saves me 20 percent (sprint cdma). I get 5 hrs talk time vs 4 hrs.
    wow, thats pretty impressive. to be honest i was thinking maybe 5 or 10% max. that seems to be a must have. I wish hs/p1 had this as a feature built right in, an option to keep it on or off.

thanks for your input.

jennyfur, that is also an intersting way of cutting down on battery usage, though the thing is i recharge every night, and need the phone on during the day. but thanks for your input.

any other ideas?

fas
    Originally posted by fais2000
    jennyfur, that is also an intersting way of cutting down on battery usage, though the thing is i recharge every night, and need the phone on during the day. but thanks for your input.
    The programs I mentioned allow you to set times for the wireless to go off and come back on. I don't think recharging has any affect on them. For example, I have mine set to automatically turn off wireless at 2am and turn it back on at 8am (so the phone is on all day). I'm asleep the other 6 hours so I figure it's fine to have it off then. I'd recharge it while sleeping as well except my cable is at work. I believe the Treo Tools program even allows you to set different times for different days of the week (all the others use the same times for each day). Hope that helps clarify.