1.    #1  
    Just wanted to know.

How about, when ever u miss a call? can I stop that aleart?

It will be great to forward unknown callers straight to voice mail when needed. My day will be made once I get that app.
  2.    #2  
    no answers I see
    on the forums. Or you might RTFM.

Go to "prefs" Select "Sound" Next to Application, choose SMS from the drop down. Change Sound mode to "off, and vibrate on or off, as suits you.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    No I mean to disable the onscreen alerts. I wanted to know if u can check manually instead of it alerting you on-screen
    Try TreoHelper.

You should be able to set it to intercept the SMS notification.

6.    #6  
    thanks, do u have a link to that app?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by dgoodisi
    Try TreoHelper.

You should be able to set it to intercept the SMS notification.

I think this app, treoHelper is not for the 600, its for the older models unfortunately.
    Originally posted by godfather

I think this app, treoHelper is not for the 600, its for the older models unfortunately.
    Funny, it's working great on my 600. I think the author's made a few updates to support the new Treo. I'm not sure if it will completely stop an SMS alert, however.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    i've been looking for an app like this because i hate that fact that when the phone is in lock mode an sms message still can pop up on the screen.
    Yeah. And it doesn't let your phone charge fully to 100% when you get an sms in the middle of charging overnight.
    Originally posted by godfather
    thanks, do u have a link to that app?
    deleted my sarcasim. Turns out the guy did the search after all.
    The taste of shoe leather has been, unsatisfying.

Version 5.6 is the latest "release" version although he is up to v6.x.

It was originally written for the Treo 270/300 so many of the settings don't quite fit the Treo 600, but v5.6 works just fine on my Treo 600.

Don't forget the soft reset after install. Required so the app hooks into the SMS correctly.