1.    #1  
    So I successfully used the patched.zip stuff to free an AT&T Treo 600 /** cue stirring Matrix music **/ and it successfully works with my TMO SIM! Thanks to everyone for their help.

One question though: I don't get the black triangle showing up for GPRS access even though I know I'm in a GPRS coverage area.

More interestingly is that the Treo Network prefs now have entries for TMO Internet, TMOP VPN, and TMO Tzones -- all without any data entry on my part. So it seems to automagically know how to log into the TMO GPRS network *but* it isn't seeing GPRS signal for some reason.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Solved this?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by ejaz
    One question though: I don't get the black triangle showing up for GPRS access even though I know I'm in a GPRS coverage area.
    There is no special indicator that shows you your phone is in a GPRS available area. When you have a GPRS connection, you will see some green arrows next to the signal strength indicator.

You can go to the network preferences and select T-Zones, and then click connect and see what happens. If you subscribe to T-Mobile VPN or T-Mobile Internet, select the appropriate one.

Bill S
  3.    #3  
    Hmm... on ATTWS there is a black triangle that appears next to the antenna icon to let you know that data services are available. Then when you connect to GPRS the black triangle goes away and the green arrows appear. Is this not the behavior on TMO?

WHen I do try to connect via any of the TMO service (Internet, VPN, or Tzones) I get a message saying GPRS is unavailable. This was what lead to my question...

Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    I may have found the source of the problem: my TMO account had been provisioned for a Danger Hiptop (Sidekick) and, according to the friendly TMO rep I just spoke to the GPRS provisioning is different for the Sidekick and for other devices. She added the standard unlimited data GPRS provisioning and I should know sometime in the next 48 hours whether it solves the problem.
    It could be that it's having problems getting an IP address from T-Mobile. I had a similar problem when I switched my AT&T SIM with a Cingular SIM and went back. I called AT&T Customer service and they asked me to turn off wireless mode and then turn it back on again. I'm not sure if they did anything on their end but it worked. I'm guessing that turning off the wireless mode "releases" the IP and turning it back on "renews" the IP.
    So I successfully used the patched.zip stuff to free an AT&T Treo 600 /** cue stirring Matrix music **/ and it successfully works with my TMO SIM! Thanks to everyone for their help.

More interestingly is that the Treo Network prefs now have entries for TMO Internet, TMOP VPN, and TMO Tzones -- all without any data entry on my part. So it seems to automagically know how to log into the TMO GPRS network *but* it isn't seeing GPRS signal for some reason.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Solved this?

Thanks!
    Hi I am in CA. I have unlocked CIngular unit.. When I use my ATT SIM I get the triangle. When I use my Tmobile SIM I don't. I dont think its provisoning. I think its just the way it is.
    Have to say that my 600 is working great on TMo vs att. I have better reception, no "SOS calls only" bs, and the data seems very fast to me. Not having to turn off images in the browser and not worrying about how much spam I get via email is all very nice on the $19.99/mo unlimited plan. This is just what the 600 was made for imo. Given their data plans, is it any wonder ATTWS is broke and is about to be bought out (see today's NY times business section)?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Hmm... on ATTWS there is a black triangle that appears next to the antenna icon to let you know that data services are available. Then when you connect to GPRS the black triangle goes away and the green arrows appear. Is this not the behavior on TMO?

This is exactly how it is on mine too. I have a Cingular unit using Cingular.

Kirby
    Originally posted by Rudegar B

Hi I am in CA. I have unlocked CIngular unit.. When I use my ATT SIM I get the triangle. When I use my Tmobile SIM I don't. I dont think its provisoning. I think its just the way it is.
    Hey,

are you with Rogers? where did you buy your Treo600? from Cingular directly? I need a Treo too that works with Rogers
    Originally posted by smiley88

Hey,

are you with Rogers? where did you buy your Treo600? from Cingular directly? I need a Treo too that works with Rogers
    Bought directly from Handsrping. Unlocked Cingular unit. Works on ATT and Tmo which are they SIM chips I have. I like Cathy Z Jones so I use my Tmo SIM. Oh, and the $19.99 unlimited data (v. AT&T $79.99 what ARE they thinking?)