1.    #1  
    I was just checkin the proxy server option on the default browser on the treo. have u guys used this proxy? does it help with the loadin of images at all? is there a browser u guys would recommend that is much faster than the default
  2.    #2  
    sorry about any sp errors I was using the treo in the cold to type this post
    Who is your phone provider? Sprint? T-Mo? Cingular? At&T?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4.    #4  
    tmobil is my provider
    Proxy Server: getmorespeed.t-mobile.com
    Port: 8080

I use it, and browsing seems faster. However, I'm not sure how much faster it is with the proxy vs. without.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  6.    #6  
    Cool Imma try this, do you usually browse with images? Is there anything else I can try to improve the speed?

What is the purpose of the proxy anyway?
    Originally posted by godfather
    Cool Imma try this, do you usually browse with images? Is there anything else I can try to improve the speed?

What is the purpose of the proxy anyway?
    OK, you asked three questions. My responses:

1. I always browse with images.
    2. I don't know other ways to improve the speed, except perhaps upgrade the firmware. (I'm waiting for an official firmware upgrade)
    3. I think T-Mobile's proxy server compresses images to lower resolution, which shouldn't matter since we are looking at the picture on a 2" x 2" screen.

Good luck.