Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just started this to get a collection of issues and small feature additions that we all want in the next Treo 600 update.

For me:

1) TreoSelecText integrated into the ROM (or whatever PalmOne wants to call it)
    2) Fix the cookie issue with Blazer (OMG this can get annoying)
    3) Make the keyguard (Option + Power) changable seeing most of us probably don't use it anyway
    3) Fix camera problems (light control, maybe allow compression changing and saving full pictures to SD and the picture mail one to the normal spot)
    4) Possibly some sort of softcode compatibility to use the 5way with non treo-specific apps (maybe a key combo to activate or something)
    5) Backlight control (I type but the keys don't stay lit! and yes I know about Option + P but maybe something like mLights would be nice)
    6) Make the Volume keys do something useful outside the phone app (maybe like Treo 600 Butler)
    7) Figure out a way to make the ringtones amplify more, most are very soft, especially if you download a normal MIDI (even after amplification with MIDI apps)
    8) Recording code so people can make recording apps and voice command and such (Voice recorder wouldn't be too bad either, but doubt they'd build that in)

Less important stuff:
    1) Skinning for launcher and/or phone app (just colors? come on...we want some spiffy new skins )
    2) MP3 and WAV Ringtones and alerts would be really nice (I'm thinking some AIM sounds for Verichat )
    3) Get rid of the Business Connect Install app, it just takes up space when you don't use it, heck, get rid of all the one time use things from rom to clean up the launcher, put them in RAM instead (Welcome, Get GC, Tutorial) I doubt anyone uses them after a little bit anyway (if at all)
    4)Possibly a workaround to get hires apps to like the treo a little more

Lets hear some other little suggestions for them to keep their little software people busy (Please only realistic suggestions like bugs and oversights) and hopefully they'll take our thoughts into serious consideration. If anyone knows someone on the inside, maybe send them a link to this thread
  2.    #2  
    Well look at all those replies, they're just storming in.
    Originally posted by TrickerZ
    Well look at all those replies, they're just storming in.
    I hope they change the way they manage the sim lock. Then we can have another go at it.
    I wish they would add one of the most basic of cellphone features. The ability to redial a number till it gets thru and then to be informed via a tone that the call is thru. As far as I know even the cheapest of cellphones has the ability to do that but our $700 Treo600 cannot.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    I wish they would add one of the most basic of cellphone features. The ability to redial a number till it gets thru and then to be informed via a tone that the call is thru. As far as I know even the cheapest of cellphones has the ability to do that but our $700 Treo600 cannot.
    Very good point. Glad to see people are noticing these little things so hopefully PalmOne can give us a nice update
    An option to make Keyguard work during incoming calls--e.g. turn off the space bar auto-answer (and maybe the other 2 "special keys") and prevent the press of any key from turning off the ringer. (But let power and volume buttons still work for this).

Clean up sound from internal mic, if at all possible. It's got to be the worst cell phone mic I've ever had.

Fix bug that prevents voice recording from working
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    fix the bug that automatically dials the extra numbers before the call is picked up
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    An option to make Keyguard work during incoming calls--e.g. turn off the space bar auto-answer (and maybe the other 2 "special keys") and prevent the press of any key from turning off the ringer. (But let power and volume buttons still work for this).
    Oh yes, I can't believe I forgot about that one!
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    There are now three free utilities with slightly different approaches to these issues:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46928/s.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46923/s.html

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46583/s.html
    Bob Meyer
  10.    #10  
    I know there are people who have fixed this issue, but wouldn't it be better just to have keyguard more functional? I think there should be a few options to it:

Enable/Disable App buttons
    Enable/Disable Space/Backspace/Return
    Enable/Disable Any key turns off ringer

I would still like the center button to turn off keyguard as it's recessed and I've never had it get hit by accident, I suppose people who carry the treo w/o a case may have a problem with that, but in most cases it works very well. Maybe add option + center for those people.

I don't know about you, but having to add a whole bunch of tiny apps and hacks gets annoying. And then if you want to hard reset, it's just another thing to sync back.
  11.    #11  
    Well, scratch a few off the list:

Blazer cache problem
    SMS problem
    others?

Good to see PalmOne is making progress.
    Originally posted by Mol
    I hope they change the way they manage the sim lock. Then we can have another go at it.
    Quoted, because this isn't getting enough love.
    Originally posted by TrickerZ
    I know there are people who have fixed this issue, but wouldn't it be better just to have keyguard more functional? \

snip

I don't know about you, but having to add a whole bunch of tiny apps and hacks gets annoying. And then if you want to hard reset, it's just another thing to sync back.
    I absolutely agree with you. But since PalmOne hasn't done anytyhing about it yet, these apps are the next best thing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'd like to be able to keep track of call minutes and kb. Being able to keep track of minutes even a basic mobile can do, and one built for data should have a kb tracker built in methinks!
    This is the one thing (besides small size) that I truly miss from the Samsung i500. You could program your favorites to dial by voice command (without paying a monthly tribute to Sprint) and it was the ultimate in hands free dialing.

One Caveat - be sure the system backs-up the voice dial database - reset, and you lose all your i500 voice dial entries.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Don't forget the losing sound in games that don't use the OS-5 sound system.

17.    #17  
    Originally posted by njchris
    Don't forget the losing sound in games that don't use the OS-5 sound system.

Ah yes, bejeweled comes to mind for me...
    Not a biggie for some people, but I'd love to have the built in ToDo app use the D-pad to check or uncheck items. From PalmOne's replies to my emails on the subject, it seems like it may be on their list. I can't tell for sure, though, it may just be talk...
    I'd like being able to send a contact from the built-in contact via SMS (a feature any basic phone has). Being able to receive a contact via SMS with option to add it to my contact list.

(another small problem, if you add a favorite from your contact list and later change it's number in the contact list, the favorite is not update).
    Would like to see a bit better built-in support for Graffiti (menu shortcut commands, etc) instead of having to use Newpen or something similar.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast