Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Well, today was the last straw. I emailed Vaja because it's January 26th and I am still waiting for a plain case ordered December 19th. I finally said enough and decided to cancel the order. After all, $102.90 for a case? I was pretty excited about getting one, too, which made it harder to cancel.

However, the poor communication and the lack of concern for me as a customer made me change my mind.

This morning they emailed me saying that I could not cancel the order because of the terms on their website. I told them that it would be very easy for me to dispute the charge since they promised delivery within 20 days for a plain case.

Therefore, the next email was pretty apologetic.

My point here is not that I am happy to be right. Damn, I wish they had just filled the order, or at least gave enough of a damn to email their customers and let them know that they were having production issues. Their lack of concern was what precipitated my change. I hope everyone's experience isn't the same as mine.
    I ordered mine on 12/26 and have not received mine either. For those of you who have received them, did they come Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, etc...?
    Go Gators!
    Fedex
    Originally posted by omoanya
    I received a vaja and my only complaint is the UNFATHOMABLY COLLOSAL RIP OFF these guys are getting away with.

I was just in argentina last month and for $100 you can buy 2 (TWO) custom made leather jackets! .. i did ... custom tailored.
    one of them calf skin ...
    Is not a rip off if you consider that you are saving $400 - $600 on a plane ticket. It is just the same with almost anything else. Just buy a bottle of Italian wine here and then go to Italy and buy the same bottle, or Amber in Lithuania, or a pair of Levi's jeans in Japan, etc.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Received my Piel Frama case today. Really nice & after seeing the Vaja, I'm glad I got the Piel Frama. However, the pain about the Piel Frama is when you use the phone the 'flap' flops around. The flap for me is essential because of the fragil screen. BTW, I receive my replacement Treo tomorrow. Got an text msg from Sprint regarding SMS, will upgrade the firmware on the new one tomorrow. BAck to the subject, the vaja is really cool looking, but after breaking my screen I'm just to concerned about breaking it again.
    For those of you who have not received the Classic Vaja, I received mine today. And I ordered it in January. I forgot when, I think I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. It might have been on the 16th. I'm too lazy to check.

Anyway, for those of you that have not received it, you should really find out what's going on since I had ordered it later than you guys.

It's possible it may depend on what color or leather you are getting. The one you may have chosen might be backordered or something.

I got an all black one. Maybe those are quicker and easy to process.

Hope the info helps.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    If you get a chance, share with us your feelings about it. Thanks!!!

Kirby

Originally posted by eddietreo
    For those of you who have not received the Classic Vaja, I received mine today. And I ordered it in January. I forgot when, I think I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. It might have been on the 16th. I'm too lazy to check.

Anyway, for those of you that have not received it, you should really find out what's going on since I had ordered it later than you guys.

It's possible it may depend on what color or leather you are getting. The one you may have chosen might be backordered or something.

Hope the info helps.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Did you get an email notification that it shipped or did it just show up?

Hope the info helps.
    Eddie - out of curiousity, why are you posting about a Classic Vaja in a thread about the i-Volution Vaja case? I think people might be mistaking the fact that you have receive your case incorrectly... you have received the classic case, right? Which is different than the complaints about not receiving the i-Volution!

Not flaming you, just clarifying.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    You guys are missing the point ....

Relative to everything leather in Argentina, US.. prices are about double.
    But when it comes to Vaja, their prices
    are 10 times more expensive. Its price gouging- plain and simple. look at the other cases, Piel Frama etc .. some of these come from Europe Spain Italy , etc where things are expensive relative the us. you buy a pda case in italy or spain and its 40-50 $, pretty close to what it is here ...the dollar is not so strong. In Argentina, the dollar is strong, so things are much cheaper when buying with dollars. even if you are ordering from here. The pricing should be lower for a good case, not higher ... $100? for a tiny piece of leather that costs .10 cents in bulk? Its outrageous ...i just want people to see that, thats all. My Argentine friends were astounded and stupefied when i showed them the case and told them how much it cost. If people keep buying them, then obviously there is a market, i just think there should be reasonably fair pricing and profit ..

nuff said ///
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Heard of law of supply and demand?
    Argentinians are taking advantage of us dumb Americans. $130 w/shipping is too much for this thing no matter how nice it is. I'd like to have one but it's just not worth that much. Hell thats almost a gps mouse and I'd get better use from that.

Are Europeans paying as much for the Ivolution?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Why is it so hard to understand that price is relative? Whoever believes it is dumb or ridiculous or whatever.....it's too expensive for YOU. For those who like it's looks, it's design, it's exclusiveness ........it's a hell of a deal at a measely Ben Franklin.

Now if my neighbor, friend, or relative bought the same case somewhere locally that I could have bought it also, then I would agree that I paid too much.
    Originally posted by jlczl
    it's a hell of a deal at a measely Ben Franklin.

Measlely? I gather that 100 dollar bills are a plenty in your world then. That being the case why don't you buy a bunch of Ivolutions from vaja cause they are so affordable for you, and sell em to us that cant justify spending $100+ SIGHT UNSEEN, at a ridiculous discount. Say $25. I bet you sell alot.

If we buy them at the high price they will never go down. Simple economics. I wont buy one til they are reasonable (IMO of course, all things being relative)

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    woof, for the first time in about 20 years we have a good exchange rate against the dollar. This makes the ludicrously high price a tad more bearable, conversely we are being shafted up the u know what by the rest of Europe as regards the euro = our £ is losing its value against that monopoly currency - only joking euro chums
    Originally posted by jlczl
    Heard of law of supply and demand?
    Absolutely. Vaja is working it hard too. They keep supply at almost zero and demand seems high for some reason so they're commanding a high price.

Problem is, if you keep your supply too low and heep your price too high for too long, demand WILL drop.

I suspect we're seeing the beginning of this principal in action now that people have seen the ivolution as a finished product.

It seems that the general consensus in this thread is that the relative value of the case is low as compared to the price, slow service, etc.

[stepping off soapbox now]
    Has anyone who was waiting now received their case?
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Architect
    Really screams "Class"
    Actually..it screams "Gators"...Florida Gators, that is.
    Go Gators!!
  19.    #59  
    Yeah,

Unfortunately, my degree from PURDUE didn't inspire me to go Black and Gold (Go Boilers)

nor did my degrees from U TX inspire me to go Orange and White

I'm just a girl - so I went with the "prettiest combination!" Go figure.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Oh, and the clip turns to the side to fasten on or off and seems very sturdy.
    Yes, I definitely recommend the ultra clip from The Clip Company which is what the Vaja cases use. I had an "ultra tab" stuck directly to the back of my Treo 270... excellent high quality clip and tab.

You can also purchase dashboard and vent mounts that work with the ultra clip for use in the car... http://www.theclip.com/mall/mounts.asp
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast