Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Looks great. I will order one now. Does it look like your name on the back will wear off easily? Thanks!

Kirby
  2.    #22  
    They used the same ink that they used for their own VAJA mark on the back (since the back on mine is "sapphire" they used a whiteish/yellow ink. Don't know what they would use on one with a light-colored back)

My only comment is that their weird "VAJA" font is difficult to read when it is used in a name. However, I would rather have that than some "courier font" that would have looked horrible on this really contemporary-designed case. So, all-in-all, a nice effect.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Architect
    Don't know what they would use on one with a light-colored back)
    I have a light gray leather (Lilac Gray) and they used the same ink as on yours. It is difficult to see. Otherwise a great case.
    I ordered mine on 12/22 and don't even have a tracking number yet. When did you lucky ones who have already recieved their's order yours?

GM.
    I also ordered on 12/22. I only received it 3 days ago. And I was not sent a tracking email. The case just showed up. Keep the faith.
    Thanks for the heads up. I do feel better now. Did you also order the plain ole black one?

GM
    Great pics! Lucky you got yours! I have emailed Vaja and they said mine would take more than 20 days due to high demand! Oh well.
    Originally posted by gerryoil
    Did you also order the plain ole black one?
    GM
    Custom color as noted in my previous post.
    How easy / hard is it to remove the Treo from the case? And once in, how firmly does it stay? Any chance it would fall out if the case got rotated around to upside-down for a while?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #30  
    Held it lightly UPSIDE DOWN and shook pretty hard - did not budge.

The lining has enough grip that it won't fall out ...I'd say it is in there pretty well.

But not a problem to take it in and out when you need to - like to put in cradle.

My only gripe is that I had to learn to puch the T600 down into the case by the area near the ringer switch - otherwise the darn SD Card pops out! May resort to filing the card down with my trusty Dremmel.

Just hate to do anything to alter the FAB look of my T600 in her designer case. I smile when I look at her (not unlike my daughter - both beautiful - and smart)
    Fantastic pix.

Do you have any trouble with access to the button keys? I find it extremely awkward.
  12.    #32  
    Try doing it with 1/4 inch fingernails!

After twenty years of keeping my nails fairly long, I've developed a method of pushing buttons with the sides of my fingers/thumb.

The upside is that I use my nails as a stylus, so I have never had to pull out a stylus, even when using graffiti with my old PalmXXX.

The only buttons that the case interferes with MAY be those on the edge (like the caps or the return and back) just because the thickness of the case means they are further "down"

But, just like everything else, you adapt.
    Originally posted by Architect
    Try doing it with 1/4 inch fingernails!

After twenty years of keeping my nails fairly long, I've developed a method of pushing buttons with the sides of my fingers/thumb.

The upside is that I use my nails as a stylus, so I have never had to pull out a stylus, even when using graffiti with my old PalmXXX.

The only buttons that the case interferes with MAY be those on the edge (like the caps or the return and back) just because the thickness of the case means they are further "down"

But, just like everything else, you adapt.
    I suggest Vaja include a manicure kit for their +/-$100!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I ordered mine (a plain black one) on 12/19. No information about it at all, nor any explanation as to why I've waited over a month for a case that was supposed to be the plain, 20 day version. I gotta say I am pretty disappointed in them, even if the case ends up being splendid.

For a person that really cares about customer service, this very well precludes me from buying from them again. I'm actually thinking of just canceling my order altogether.
    I bought the plain case on 12/20 and also don't have any info on when I can expect it. I just checked the Vaja site and they are now listing the plain case as "Out of Stock" with no way to buy one even on back order. Custom cases are still available, though. Doesn't really make any sense. Has ANYONE recieved their "plain case" order yet?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I received a vaja and my only complaint is the UNFATHOMABLY COLLOSAL RIP OFF these guys are getting away with.

I was just in argentina last month and for $100 you can buy 2 (TWO) custom made leather jackets! .. i did ... custom tailored.
    one of them calf skin ...
    One of those jackets has enough leather to make about 40 treo cases.
    ARGENTINA IS LEATHER & BEEF LAND, THEY HAVE TONS OF LEATER every color, style and shape, and zillions of leather craftsmen ...
    the street are filled with leather everything, baseball caps, pillow cases ... the stores have rolls of it in the back rooms...they can't get rid of the leather..

Everything is incredibly cheap there when using dollars because of their screwed up economy .... cases for normal phones (nokia)etc made of leather run about $10 dollars ... so i am amazed at the price these guys are charging, i dont care how much customization they put in.

I will also mention that i ordered the a classic 600 case featured on their website and it doesnt look nearly as nice as the pictures .. vaja has some really nice marketing materials, that is for sure.

The fit is good, the workmanship is so so .. the metal vaja logo is clamped on in a very shoddy manner .. the whole thing is worth about $30 in the u.s and about $15 in argentina ..

but, if people are buying, then thats the price right? Until someone comes along and starts some serious competition ..que sera sera ...no?

will post some pics soon
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by omoanya
    I received a vaja and my only complaint is the UNFATHOMABLY COLLOSAL RIP OFF these guys are getting away with.

I was just in argentina last month and for $100 you can buy 2 (TWO) custom made leather jackets! .. i did ... custom tailored.
    one of them calf skin ...
    One of those jackets has enough leather to make about 40 treo cases.
    ARGENTINA IS LEATHER & BEEF LAND, THEY HAVE TONS OF LEATER every color, style and shape, and zillions of leather craftsmen ...
    the street are filled with leather everything, baseball caps, pillow cases ... the stores have rolls of it in the back rooms...they can't get rid of the leather..

Everything is incredibly cheap there when using dollars because of their screwed up economy .... cases for normal phones (nokia)etc made of leather run about $10 dollars ... so i am amazed at the price these guys are charging, i dont care how much customization they put in.

I will also mention that i ordered the a classic 600 case featured on their website and it doesnt look nearly as nice as the pictures .. vaja has some really nice marketing materials, that is for sure.

The fit is good, the workmanship is so so .. the metal vaja logo is clamped on in a very shoddy manner .. the whole thing is worth about $30 in the u.s and about $15 in argentina ..

but, if people are buying, then thats the price right? Until someone comes along and starts some serious competition ..que sera sera ...no?

will post some pics soon

Looking forward to your pics. I was seriously considering this case but now I am reconsidering.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Originally posted by realsyde
    I bought the plain case on 12/20 and also don't have any info on when I can expect it. I just checked the Vaja site and they are now listing the plain case as "Out of Stock" with no way to buy one even on back order. Custom cases are still available, though. Doesn't really make any sense. Has ANYONE recieved their "plain case" order yet?
    I too am waiting for my plain black case. I guess they must be out of black leather
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    True enough.....very expensive case. But it does not compare to anything else on the market. I'm waiting on my Caterina Blue/ Caterina Black combo.

20.    #40  
    I think that the discusussion about leather being cheap in Argentina is irrelevant.

Everything is cheaper where it is made/or is plentiful. Rolex, Mont Blanc, Dom Perion, Glen Morangee, you name it.

I'm just thrilled I can sit here in my office in Houston, and, by never leaving my desk, buy anything I want, and all I have to do is pay for it a month later when the bill comes.

I find that investing the money for QUALITY in the things you use daily (e.g., key ring, cell phone, purse, belt, sunglasses) really gives me plasure and pays off - I have the same pair of Maui Jim sunglasses that I've had for 3 or 4 years - incredible polarized lenses - look sharp - and I think they were well worth the $$ I paid for them.

I smile when I pick up my T600, and the case looks and performs great. So, since I will keep my T600 for 2 or 3 years, it was a "deal" for me!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast