1.    #1  
    I have searched and found no reference to this GREAT utility,
    "Snapture" from http://www.bluesquirrel.com/

After highlighting any text that is on your PC screen and clicking the Snapture icon in your task tray, the text is transfered to Memo Pad at the next Hot Sync!!!!!!!!!!

Driving directions
    News articles
    Scores

Whatever

There's a Trial version so give it a go and let's discuss it
    I looked at this after seeing the comment on the Treo yahoo group. What makes it different than copy/pasting into a memo? Speed? Size?

I generally take things liike driving directions and paste them to a new memo which then hotsyncs.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Alli
    What makes it different than copy/pasting into a memo?
    Your method only works if you are syncing with a desktop application that supports memos. Sounds like you could use this even if you aren't syncing with Palm Desktop or Outlook.

Jason
    Originally posted by jasonsf

Your method only works if you are syncing with a desktop application that supports memos. Sounds like you could use this even if you aren't syncing with Palm Desktop or Outlook.

Jason
    The desktop application I'm using is the palm desktop. How else would one sync a memo?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Alli

The desktop application I'm using is the palm desktop. How else would one sync a memo?
    It sounds like Snapture uses its own conduit to handle creating memos. It doesn't depend on Palm Desktop. Granted, I'm not sure I understand why one wouldn't sync with Palm Desktop to do this since it is included with the Treo.

Snapture also has the ability to create palm docs out of larger items as well so that would be useful.

I've never used it. I'm just making assumptions from the product info.

Jason
    Seems its real value is that it can capture about anything from your desktop and turn it into a palm doc file for viewing on your handheld. Maps, etc.
    I use PocketMirror Pro to sync my Outlook Notes (by folder) <-> Palm Memos (by category) - nice.

Paul
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Seems its real value is that it can capture about anything from your desktop and turn it into a palm doc file for viewing on your handheld. Maps, etc.
    If it could, then yes, that would be awesome. I got the feeling it was only for text though. Someone correct me if that's not right.