1.    #1  
    I have to wait regardless because I'm up in Canada and we don't have the Treo600 let alone the phantom 610.

I was just curious if people are holding off buying a Treo600 until the Treo610 rumor gets sorted out (confirmed or otherwise).

If in fact the Treo610 rumor is true, what do you think the price will be? To me, it would make sense to drop the price of the Treo600 and offer the Treo610 at the current price. I don't think the market is there for an even more expensive smart phone? Comments?
    I'm far more interested in the rumored February 2nd release date for the T-Mobile Treo 600 than I could ever be about some less likely 610 rumor (which, even if true, is far off).
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've waited this long, so I can wait a little longer just to see if it's true. I really want a Hi Rez screen and BT so it's worth the wait to me. Of course, if Sprint limits their data plan because of the BT, then that might make me get a T600 instead... what to do, what to do....

Of course, some of the rumors I've seen say PalmOne will "announce" the Treo 610 in March which means it probably wouldn't be available until 3rd or 4th Q 2004. Don't know if I can wait that long :-)

Rich
    I already have a Treo 600 so there's no need to wait.

However, if/when the Treo 610 comes out, there's no doubt I'll pick one up.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Heck yeah I'm waiting. I will not buy a phone without Bluetooth again. I'd love to see a Treo with BT and 320x320, so I'm waiting. My other option is the XDA II, but that's only an option because the Treo doesn't do BT.

Joe
    Originally posted by quake97
    Heck yeah I'm waiting. I will not buy a phone without Bluetooth again. I'd love to see a Treo with BT and 320x320, so I'm waiting. My other option is the XDA II, but that's only an option because the Treo doesn't do BT.

Joe
    My car has bluethooth.

I had to buy ANOTHER phone the T608 from Sprint just to use it.

I would love to sell it on eBay and jsut use a T6 whatever with bluetooth..

So many new cars are coming with this option (lotsa headsets too)
    Hi, keep waiting, after having sunk tens of millions into the t600 & then palm bnuy HS, I do not think they will canabilzie thier own sales one repalcing or adding an additonal model so soon. Frankly it doesn't make very much sense since Pa1mone just too over and HS almost had to mortage itself to pay for the t600! take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I have mine already, so no waiting.

But I think it's interesting to see that people think that releasing a higher-end treo (as if it weren't high-end enough already) would hurt sales. palmone has like 5 models of PDA out currently, quite a few of which are pretty pricey. Why not a few smartphone models?

Personally, I still doubt it will happen so soon (though I already know that I'll buy one if it does) but I'm not willing to write it off completely.