1.    #1  
    Anyone know a way to access OWA on Exchange 2000 using Blazer without having to disable the password encryption? I've tried it on a Smartphone running Windows Pocket PC and it works fine but I am unable to access OWA using Blazer.

Cheers.
    I tried as well but I get an error. Anyway where I can find in Blazer this "Password Encryption" option ??

Christopher
    katris
    try a search for OWA. I recall a few threads on this previously, though I don't recall the answer.

I just wish my company would just use exchange 2003, then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    try a search for OWA. I recall a few threads on this previously, though I don't recall the answer.

I just wish my company would just use exchange 2003, then we wouldn't have this problem in the first place
    How does Exchange Server 2003 help the handheld experience? We're about to switch in our shop. So far I've been using Snappermail with POP3 enabled on old server.
    Outlook Mobile Access.
    http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/ev...x2003intro.asp

see page 11.
    "Similar to Outlook Web Access, Outlook Mobile Access provides mobile phone browser access to Exchange servers for xHTML (WAP 2.0), HTML mobile phone, Compact HTML (cHTML) on i-Mode devices (in Japan), and PDA browsers such as Pocket Internet Explorer on Windows Powered Mobile Devices."
    it supports pocket pc devices but as far as i can tell, no palm os based devices
    Not palm specifically, but it works with WAP phones and other mobile devices besides just PPC. See my post above.

Also, here is another thread for your reference. z3bum claims no issue with it on his GSM treo 600.
    OMA works fine with Blazer on the 600.

You will find that it is, overall, much slower than a local mail client. Going from one email to the next involved a couple of rounds of conversation between the phone and the web server, which take time on a high-latency internet connection.
    Here is another solution we implemented last week on our Exchange server...

http://www.leederbyshire.com/OWA-PDA.asp

It has a much better interface then the Exchange 2003 mobile web access. It also let's you create new folders and even change your out-of-office message. It has worked well on my Treo 600.

ctdw
    Originally posted by icedivr
    OMA works fine with Blazer on the 600.

You will find that it is, overall, much slower than a local mail client. Going from one email to the next involved a couple of rounds of conversation between the phone and the web server, which take time on a high-latency internet connection.
    How do you avoid the unknown authentication error? I can't seem to get past that on the blazer...perhaps i need to update it?
    How do you avoid the unknown authentication error? I can't seem to get past that on the blazer...perhaps i need to update it?
    You may need to tinker with the authentication settings of the IIS server hosting OMA - try enabling Basic authentication. (vs NTLM authentication which is an MS exclusive) It's not a Blazer problem, it's a Blazer-is-not-IE problem

as for OWA-PDA, when I installed it (pre-Ex2k3) it required all users to have local login rights. That would be untenable for many system administrators.
    Yeah... I asked our IT guys about installing OWA-PDA on our exchange 2000 and they just said "we'll look into it" which pretty much meant it would be forgotten in the next 5 minutes. I'm just hoping they'll eventually upgrade to exchange 2003 so I can try OMA, even if it is slower....