1.    #1  
    Anyone using Beyond Contacts, by dataviz on the Treo600?

Looking to integrate Outlook 2003 with my Treo600.
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    That is one of the main difficulties with the Enhanced PIM programs like Beyond Contacts and KeySuite, they don't integrate with the onboard PIM apps, like Caller ID and such
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    That is one of the main difficulties with the Enhanced PIM programs like Beyond Contacts and KeySuite, they don't integrate with the onboard PIM apps, like Caller ID and such
    Someone had a good suggestion on these boards about integrating Beyond Contact with the Treo to utilize the features of the Treo 600.

As mentioned, Beyond Contact is an enhanced PIM and creates it's own database while programs like Agendus is able to use the Treo's (calendar, contact, to do) built in database. This is why BC isn't fully able to integrate with the Treo 600 features (like caller ID).

The suggestion is to allow BC and your Outlook (PC) to sync. On the sync, set the default for Outlook to override the phones databases. So once BC is synced on your PC, it will then sync that information into the Treo's databases. Basically you are maintaining both databases, but it does allow you to use the same data to utilize the Treo's integrated features.

I hope I explained this well.

For those who have tried Beyond Contacts and Agendus, which do you prefer? I'm trying to decide between the two programs. BC is awesome because it fully syncs all the information between my Outlook and BC. Agendus better utilizes the integrated features of the Treo. Thoughts?
    To expand upon the previous post, I use the "Outlook overwrites Palm" conduit, but only for the contacts database. Therefore, I have the contact shortcuts, caller ID, etc. features built in to the Treo. However, I haven't found a need to do that with the other databases, so I don't use them, nor do I have Outlook sync with them (only with Beyond Contacts).

On a related subject, I received e-mails from DataViz today that new versions of both Beyond Contacts and Inbox To Go are out, and they both list Treo 600 5-way navigation support as one of their new features. I got the e-mails because I'm a registered user of both programs, but the new versions are also up on their Web site.

I haven't had much time to test the new versions thoroughly, but my preliminary opinion after a quick glance is that they are much improved over the previous versions. I was able to navigate the calendar and my e-mails without using the stylus, which was not possible with the previous versions.

Hopefully these releases indicate that a new version of DTG with Treo 600 support will be released soon as well.
    I use the solution taht you mentioned. The other problem I get 2 error messages with every hotsync that deals with Contacts aB and ContactAb databases being overwritten. Not a huge deal. but I do with that PalmOne would just choose either KeySuite or Beyond Contacts and make it the default PIM
    I essentially need to keep my Outlook calendar in Sync and updated in my Treo 600.

Is Beyond Contacts the best and easiest tool to accomplish this?

Does BC allow you to set alarms for calendar appts like the palm calendar does?

This would be critical for me.

Thanks,
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    I essentially need to keep my Outlook calendar in Sync and updated in my Treo 600.

Is Beyond Contacts the best and easiest tool to accomplish this?

Does BC allow you to set alarms for calendar appts like the palm calendar does?

This would be critical for me.

Thanks,
    I just sync Outlook with the Calendar on the Treo 600. Works fine, and no additional software needed. The 600 ships with Chapura Pocket Mirror, which syncs the palm calendar with Outlook, instead of Palm Desktop. When you're installing the desktop software, it prompts you whether you want ot sync with the Palm Desktop or Outlook. Just pick Outlook. Works great.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.