1.    #1  
    Is anyone hotsync'ng with Outlook 2003? What conduit are you using?

I use Companionlink to sync my T600 with ACT!, but I may be changing to Outlook 2003?
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    PocketMirror (which comes with the Treo 600) works great with the 600.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Using Pocket Mirror also. Works fine. Actually syncing with 2 different computers - desktop and laptop. Desktop on Outlook 2000. Laptop on 2003.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks!!
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Allows you to sync Exchange Public folder content as well. Anyone try wireless hotsync over GPRS yet? You need a couple of ports forwarding from your firewall to the pc running Palm hotsync. It is a little slow, but it works!
    I upgraded to outlook 2003 and now when I hotsync, outlook tells me someone ( treo ) is accessing my mailbox.....how long do I want to allow them access. This happens every time. Any ideas on how to stop this ?
    -Tim
    Originally posted by CicDude
    I upgraded to outlook 2003 and now when I hotsync, outlook tells me someone ( treo ) is accessing my mailbox.....how long do I want to allow them access. This happens every time. Any ideas on how to stop this ?
    Upgrade to the latest PocketMirror. I think it's at version 3.1.6 and you can download it from the Chapura site.

The popup has to do with some new Outlook feature to prevent other applications from abusing Outlook for spreading viruses. The PocketMirror upgrade will tell Outlook that PocketMirror is a safe application and the popup will only show up for a split second and then disappear automatically.
    Thanks ! I'll go get it !
    -Tim
    On a related note, does anyone have issues with SMTP addresses coming from contacts who have an Exchange mailbox? Sometimes I get that long ugly Exchange mailbox name (that doesn't work with my email program) and sometimes I get the SMTP address (which does work). Any idea why the difference? Is it an online vs. offline sync thing?
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    I saw this a few years ago with multimail on the palmi705. I had to rollback to an older version of multimail to get it to use the correct address..we were using exchange 5.5 sp4
    -Tim
    Interesting. I'm using Outlook 2k3 with PocketMirror Standard 3.1.6. I own Pro but I don't actually like the changes it puts in place. For me specifically, I see that weird email address actually directly in the Contacts app. All of the other apps look at it and see it that way too.
    Just wanted to mention that I purchased KeySuite from Chapura and find it much more useful than PocketMirror.

Of course, the biggest reason for this is that I am a contact fanatic, using multiple categories, folders, and many more fields than the standard Palm contact has (such as birthday, related contacts, etc.) KeySuite is 'key' for this.
    How's it integrate with the Treo? Is it just as seamless? that's always been my complaint with these is that they just don't behave the same in dialing and such.
    It is not seamless unfortunately. The KeySuite are separate applications. It is easy to dial from them, and they are registered in the exchange manager so you can look contacts up from well behaved programs that have that ability. Outgoing calls initiated from KeyContacts show up in your call log with the name of the contact. Incoming calls do not (just the number).

I take my SpeedDial category, and export it to the built in Contacts application so I can have those contacts listed in my favorites and have caller ID pictures and such for them. It isn't perfect, but it is perfectly acceptable for me.

They have a trial so you can see how it works for you. I use the KeyDates, Notes, and Tasks exclusively rather than the builtin apps.

My biggest complaint is that Chapura has not put 5-way support into their apps yet. :/

Oh, KeySuite is *much* easier to set up and configure than PocketMirror Pro was (at least for my configuration)
    For those having problems getting the real e-mail address to sync from Outlook, here's the solution: first, make sure you have upgraded to PocketMirror 3.1.6 (the free standard version is fine for this); then, open the Chapura "Settings" dialog and select the "Settings" button. this will take you to the "Change Synchronization Preferences" dialog; select the "Outlook Contacts" line and click the "Change" button. This will take you to the "Preference Settings for Outlook Contacts" dialog; select "E-mail Translation" from the left column menu. Click the check box at the top. As soon as you've saved and exited, your next hotsync should solve the problem. Good luck!
    I have this box checked but somehow I ended up with the long addresses this week. I did an Outlook overrides Handheld and it fixed all of the addresses. Just curious how I got myself in the pickle to begin with!
    I am seeing a big problem that it is not syncing all the business numbers and also it is not syncing the home and work address.

I have the 3.1.6 Pocket Mirrors app and I have gone in there and told it to sync biz number, biz number2, home numer, mobile number, fax, email, email2, and so forth. I am not able to find out where it is to make it sync the home and biz addy though. I find this very limiting since I come from a pocket pc for my pda and a Nokia 3650 (that synced it all) and could look up that info with ease. Now with the palm I am unable to do that.
    Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?
    I use Intellisync, and I am able to sync business addresses to a custom field. I use the Custom fields to sync Outlook's Birthday, Category, Website, and Business Address fields. The Business address, which was in multiple fields in Outlook, syncs completely to one field in the Treo. I have tested Pocket Mirror and Intellisync and find the latter to be a tad more flexible at mapping and faster at syncing.