Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been looking for a good horizontal case for a long time. I like the OEM Handspring Case, the EB CoPilot Horizontal Case, and the Covertec Horizontal Case with one exception. They all have belt clips.

I might be the only person in America that is just looking for a simple case WITHOUT a belt clip to put my Treo in. I have resorted to searching for a custom leather maker to make me one of these cases. The only other thing which might make this perfect would be small slot "pocket" to store an extra SD Card.

If anyone knows of a place that might have a simple, slim, Horizontal Case that will fit the Treo 600 and DOES NOT have a belt clip, please let me know. Thanks.
    Very confused - how would the horizontal case stay on if no belt clip?
  3.    #3  
    I wouldn't put it on my belt. I really dislike clipping things to my waist. I've always just carried it around. The beltclip just makes the whole package more bulky. The slipcase the phone comes with is not bad for me, except that it fits in vertically and I want to put egrips on it.

It's been pretty well documented that using egrips with the slipcase is a real pain. So....I am looking for a simple horizontal case, leather or otherwise, that looks professional and does not have a beltclip.

God, I guess I'm the only one who wants something like this. Maybe I should just cave and buy the covertec horizontal case.
    Krusell makes one. I've attatched a photo. It can be purchashed at www.executivepda.com That's the beauty of Krusell cases. All their cases have completely removable belt clips (including the stud).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How about Nutshell? You can customize their cases many ways. Or do you mean the opening must be on the long edge, and not the short?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    lgreenberg: thanks for the link. That looks to be pretty close. Will the case allow the antenna to stick out? I couldn't tell if there is a cutout on the side from the pictures.

meyerweb: The nutshell is a vertical pouch, I'm looking for a horizontal pouch.

I've checked out almost every case there is that fits the Treo, I think the Krusell is the closest right now. I'd like to get a closer look since it's not made explicitly for the Treo and I'm not sure how it will fit. Thanks for all the help guys.
  7.    #7  
    lgreenberg: thanks for the link. That looks to be pretty close. Will the case allow the antenna to stick out? I couldn't tell if there is a cutout on the side from the pictures.

meyerweb: The nutshell is a vertical pouch, I'm looking for a horizontal pouch.

I've checked out almost every case there is that fits the Treo, I think the Krusell is the closest right now. I'd like to get a closer look since it's not made explicitly for the Treo and I'm not sure how it will fit. Thanks for all the help guys.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Take a look at the generic case I posted pictures of HERE

You can probably cut the belt loop off to get what you want. For $4 how can you go wrong?

Jason
    seoulman, I happen to have one of these and I can tell you that it's a perfect fit. The antenna doesn't stick out but it's not covered either. It sits at the open portion of the flap.
    lgreenberg, any chance you can post a pic of the Treo 600 in the Krusell horizontal case? I still can't visualize how the antenna goes.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    lgreenberg, any chance you can post a pic of the Treo 600 in the Krusell horizontal case? I still can't visualize how the antenna goes.
    Not a problem:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/DSC00153.JPG

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/DSC00151.JPG

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/lgreenberg/DSC00152.JPG
    Wow, that was quick! Thanks. It looks better than I visualized!
    Originally posted by lgreenberg
    Krusell makes one. I've attatched a photo. It can be purchashed at www.executivepda.com That's the beauty of Krusell cases. All their cases have completely removable belt clips (including the stud).
    I cannot find this case at the Executive PDA. They only show the form-fitting case for the Treo 600.
    Can you give me the Product No or the link?

This case looks better than the Handspring case.
    Ed
    The case is not specificly for the treo 600. But, here is a link.
    A couple of questions about the KRussell horizontal case: What kind of clasp does it have, snap or magnetic? And how tight or loose is the Treo in the case? Compared to the Covertec or Handspring horizontal case, if anyone has used both?

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    A couple of questions about the KRussell horizontal case: What kind of clasp does it have, snap or magnetic? And how tight or loose is the Treo in the case? Compared to the Covertec or Handspring horizontal case, if anyone has used both?

Thanks,
    The beauty of the Krusell cases is that the clip is fully customizable. (Is that even a word? You can choose from about a dozen different clips. There are all shown here:

http://www.executivepda.com/HTML/Pro...idaptclips.htm

You can change the clips anytime, it's very easy. The Horizontal case also comes with two belt loops in addition to the spot where the clip goes so you can remove the clip and use the belt loops or use one of the different clips.

The clasp is magnetic.

The fit is excellent. It's not as tight as the Handspring or Covertec. In my opinion it's the best fit of any of the horizontal cases (I have them all.) It's not too tight, but not so loose as the phone might fall out if the top was opened and you tried to shake the phone out. The Treo slides in and out very easilly.
    Originally posted by lgreenberg

The fit is excellent. It's not as tight as the Handspring or Covertec. In my opinion it's the best fit of any of the horizontal cases (I have them all.) It's not too tight, but not so loose as the phone might fall out if the top was opened and you tried to shake the phone out. The Treo slides in and out very easilly.
    What's the Item Number of the one you bought?There are three sizes available. I would like to order one asap.

Thanks for the info
    Ed
    Originally posted by edkalama

What's the Item Number of the one you bought?There are three sizes available. I would like to order one asap.

Thanks for the info
    I beleive the one I have is the one made for the SE p800:

Item no: 94162
    Thanks, Igreenberg!
    Was about a few clicks to ordering the Krussel horizontal case when I noticed from your pictures that the Treo faces out (antenna pointing to rear).
    I always found this a little awkward when retrieving the Treo. With that I will pass again and stay with my Handspring Horizontal case for now.
    I've been trying hard to convince myself to go for the Covertec. Somehow it looks huge compared to the Handspring case.
    Ed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast