1.    #1  
    I have released the 1.0 of my Treo600 Connection Manager.

The Treo 600 Connection Manager allows for easy management of your Treo600 internet connection, saving you valuable battery life and missed calls (on SprintPCS).

The Treo600 Connection Manager keeps track of active and dormant network connection time and will automatically turn off the internet when idle for a specified amount of time.

If you like to browse the web, you can turn the Connection Manager off for specific applications.

You can download a trial version or purchase the full version from:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=53537

Please send feedback to ryanc@alum.rpi.edu.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I have a gsm model. Will your app work on it? I get paranoid about an active gprs connection. I once had a bill for $400.00 worth of Cingular data usage. Thanks!!

Kirby
  3.    #3  
    Treo600 CM will work on a GSM phone. You can try it out for free for a couple of days. On GSM you don't have to worry about missed calls due to Data Usage, but you do have to worry about data usage costs and battery life.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    THANKS!!!!
    The developer asked me to post to ask if anyone has experience with Treo600 Connection Manager on the GSM Treo. Apparently (according to Palmone/Handspring) the green arrows never grey out. I believe the program is designed to disconnect when the arrows are grey, so I haven't gotten it to work. Any other experiences to report?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    It didn't work for me at all. I have the Cingular GSM version.

Kirby

Originally posted by Levyesq
    The developer asked me to post to ask if anyone has experience with Treo600 Connection Manager on the GSM Treo. Apparently (according to Palmone/Handspring) the green arrows never grey out. I believe the program is designed to disconnect when the arrows are grey, so I haven't gotten it to work. Any other experiences to report?
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    I have a Treo 600 AT&T GSM phone. The Connection Manager seems to do nothing at all--my internet connection stays up until I disconnect it.

The "disconnect" button in CM works, but the timer apparently does not, unless I'm missing something...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I had the exact same experience as you. I even tried a reset a couple times and nothing. So I uninstalled it.

Kirby

Originally posted by ubikkibu
    I have a Treo 600 AT&T GSM phone. The Connection Manager seems to do nothing at all--my internet connection stays up until I disconnect it.

The "disconnect" button in CM works, but the timer apparently does not, unless I'm missing something...
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Originally posted by ubikkibu

Same here, GSM T600 on Vodafone Portugal.
    --
    Manfred
  10.    #10  
    After further research, it seems that GSM phones do not go into "Dormant" mode, because they don't need to. Because of this, Treo600 CM will only give you the ability to disconnect. I will try to update the pages with this info.

I can't find any way to determine that no data is being sent, so until then, it will have to be CDMA only.

Chris Ryan
    ChrisSquared Software
    Bear with me here, but you're telling me that on my Sprint Treo, even though the bars are "greyed out" my data connection is still active and using precious battery power? How much does your program purport to save by timing out the connection after, say, 5 minutes of non-use? Thanks.
  12.    #12  
    No. What I am saying is that on the Sprint PCS (CDMA), when the arrows are green, you are chewing more battery (like being on the phone) then when they are grey.

My first Treo program (before I wrote Treo 600 CM) was a connection log. I found that my phone was bringing the connection active way more then every 30 minutes (when I check my e-mail).

The Treo 600 CM keeps your connection turned off when you aren't using it (it allows your automatic e-mail checking to happen, but disconnects afterwards).