1.    #1  
    I got my Sandisk Ultra II 256MB card today for my Treo 600. Since the card sticks up at the top, I'm worried about it popping out at inopportune times.

How can a "shave" the top of it without a dremel (safely)?
    Take your basic nail file and shave it down. I took mine down and rounded it nicely with my wife's nail file and it works great now. Doesn't pop out ever but I can still remove it with a finger press.

No damage to the card either. Your mileage may vary. Sorry Tennessee.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip! I've got a nail file at home that never gets used, so I'll give it a try!

PS - How close to the actual data medium do we get when we file it down...? Don't want to damage anything.
    Use a fine slightly flexible emery board, rather than a metal nail file.
    Life without a Dremel is pretty tough. Being prepared for lots of things, I have three of them and almost all of the accessories.

Ben

Originally posted by Indicator
    I got my Sandisk Ultra II 256MB card today for my Treo 600. Since the card sticks up at the top, I'm worried about it popping out at inopportune times.

How can a "shave" the top of it without a dremel (safely)?
    Originally posted by Indicator
    Thanks for the tip! I've got a nail file at home that never gets used, so I'll give it a try!

PS - How close to the actual data medium do we get when we file it down...? Don't want to damage anything.
    i filed down, and the casing on the edge was opened and i could see one of the flash chips. it is undamaged, i just filed a micron too far.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    is it possible to shave enough off of the flash card to get it to sit flush so it doesn't pop out every time it gets bumped?
    Originally posted by steven975

i filed down, and the casing on the edge was opened and i could see one of the flash chips. it is undamaged, i just filed a micron too far.
    How about some SD caulk/sealer. Then sand/prime/paint and Bob Vila will be proud.
    David
    I used my wife's nail pad. One of those blue sponge things with a different grit on each side. It worked like a charm on both my 256 and my 512. I then did the "Bob Villa" finish on it with a black Sharpie.

-Rob
    I used the file on my swiss army knife. Worked great!