Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My thumbs up on the site. too.

I have *four* prc files from ROM on my Sprint CDMA phone copied off, and can send them to you any time you're ready. Just send me your address.

I don't know if any of these other than phone.prc are relevant. The four files are:

phone.prc
    phone_enUS.prc
    phone_SPCS.prc
    phone_SPCS_enUS.prc

My phone is Hardware Rev. C, Software Rev: Treo600-1.0-SPR

For what it's worth, I consider the mute-on-any-key problem to be worse than the answer-on-space-key problem. I keep my Treo in a pocket, and have yet to have a call answered unintentionally. But I have missed some calls. Up until now, I thought I just didn't hear the phone. But now I suspect at least some of them were because one of the hard buttons got pressed while I was walking.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  2. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tvBilly

Not in my opinion

There may be a second version (etc) of the patch, but fixing the "any key turns off the ringer" is a separate problem, and I won't hold up posting the fix for the main problem.

Bill S
    You've done some great work here, Bill.

But I'd like to encourage you to do the second version as well. I haven't (at least I don't think I have) experienced the auto-answer feature... but I certainly have had the problem with the ringer.

I carry my phone in my pants pocket and usually don't hear the ringer until the second or third ring...

I've had lots of experiences where someone has called and had it roll into voicemail without me knowing about it. I didn't even realize that the problem might have been the ringer-mute until I began reading this thread.

So, for me at least, I would be eternally grateful for a fix to this problem as well.

Keep up the good work!
  3.    #63  
    Originally posted by treorunner
    So the links don't work on your page yet....correct?

Also, tell me how to specifically help you, and I will. I have firmware 2.09, software Treo 600-1.09-INT, hardware B
    Correct. They will soon, I hope.

I have the same firmware as you, so I don't need your Phone.prc file, but thanks for the offer!

Bill S
  4.    #64  
    After another couple of days of testing, I've decided that DAAK is solid, and that my installation instructions are understandable , so I've posted the first four of the DAAK patched Phone applications.

(1) DAAK Sprint PCS T600, (1.00 SPR)
    (2) DAAK Cingular GSM T600, (1.06 CIN)
    (3) DAAK International GSM T600, (1.09 INT)
    (4) DAAK AQUA Graphics Version, (1.00 SPR)

You can download them here . Read the entire documentation before you install anything!

I still need someone to send me the AT&T Wireless version to patch, as well as the Orange UK, Orange France, and T-Mobile (1.05 INT?) versions. Or any others I've missed. Send me a private message here and I'll give you an email address where you can send them. I'll patch them and post them on my site along with the others.

Bill S
    Great! You da man, tvBilly! I'll test it out and report any problems I may encounter.

Thanks!!
    I installed option 4 from above. Works as described except for one issue. If the hardkeys are hit while it is ringing, the phone doesn't answer as advertised however it also mutes the ringing. For me it doesn't matter since in my Nutshell case it only answers once I remove the phone once I know I have a call. However others may have problems with this if the space bar is perpetually pressed down.

Thanks for your hard work.

GM
    Originally posted by gerryoil
    I installed option 4 from above. Works as described except for one issue. If the hardkeys are hit while it is ringing, the phone doesn't answer as advertised however it also mutes the ringing. For me it doesn't matter since in my Nutshell case it only answers once I remove the phone once I know I have a call. However others may have problems with this if the space bar is perpetually pressed down.

Thanks for your hard work.

GM
    Yep, I noticed the same thing with my Sprint T600. Having the ringer/vibrate not be muted would be great! Either way, this is a great fix!!! Thanks as well!
    Originally posted by gerryoil
    I installed option 4 from above. Works as described except for one issue. If the hardkeys are hit while it is ringing, the phone doesn't answer as advertised however it also mutes the ringing.
    GM
    Do you mean the "special keys"?

Well, I have a Sprint T600 with Derek's aqua skin, so I installed the DAAK Aqua Graphics version.

Results: If I press any of the special keys (spacebar, return, or backspace) during an incoming call, it just mutes the ringer/vibrate, like what the rest of the keys do.
    But at least it doesn't answer calls anymore.

Anyone out there actually got DAAK working properly?
    Fooling around with this a bit more. It's not just the 3 special keys that mute the ringer/vibrate now, it's ALL of them. So if ANY of the keys are pressed now during an incoming call, the phone will mute.
    I managed to copy "phone.prc" to the SD Card, but I can't delete it from ROM. I've tried the LauncherX and FileZ and the file is protected. I check the attributes in FileZ and "Read Only," "Copy Protect" and "Resource DB" are all checked. I removed all the check marks and I still get the error "This file is ROM-based and cannot be modified or deleted."

Please let me know if anyone managed to successfully delete the phone.prc file.

Thanks
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    You don't need to delete the ROM file -- the phone will use the RAM version.
    One thing I didn't understand from reading this terrific thread. I'm using a cingular phone, with the Aqua skin, and firmware 2.08. TVBilly's site says the aqua skin DAAK comes from Sprint 1.0. Is the only difference between the cingular version and the sprint version the graphics? That is, do I have the latest and greatest phone.prc when using DAAK_AQUA?
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    Fooling around with this a bit more. It's not just the 3 special keys that mute the ringer/vibrate now, it's ALL of them. So if ANY of the keys are pressed now during an incoming call, the phone will mute.
    The non-special keys always muted calls, even before DAAK was installed. I believe tvBilly said he'll provide another version later that will fix that. But as for now, he just wants to fix the auto answer/ignore problem.
    Originally posted by Preston
    You don't need to delete the ROM file -- the phone will use the RAM version.
    Thanks, Preston. It installed successfully, but I'm not so sure its going to be that much better. It mutes the ringer and stops it from vibrating. If I'm carrying it my pocket, with pressure on the button, I will never hear it ring. I guess that's better than having the caller yelling from inside my pocket.

I'll have to try it for a few days and see. It would be great if it would continue to ring & vibrate.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Same mute issue here. Rings until one of the auto-keys are pressed.

Deleted it.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Same mute issue here. Rings until one of the auto-keys are pressed.

Deleted it.
    So let me get this right. You would rather have it answer instead of just muting? Seems like more of a liability to have the phone answer. Well to each his/her own but for me this little doo-dad will never leave my phone. Period.

GM
    Excellent job!

Although the three "special keys" mutes the ringer/vibrator, what matters here is that it no longer answers the phone.

You cannot imagine the value of this unless you have an ex-wife that calls you!!!

Way to go!! You da man!!
    Ok..

I must have missed something because I cant find the patch or how to get it.

Anyone give me some help on this one?

Thanks,

Pete
    It was one page back...
    http://tvbilly.com/DAAK/
  20.    #80  
    Glad to see everything is going mostly as I expected.

I see I need to explain about the auto answer problem versus the auto ringer mute problem. These are two different problems. Both exist in your phone without DAAK. DAAK fixes the auto answer problem, but doesn't yet address the auto ringer mute problem.

If you read through this thread, you'll see what I'm talking about, and that everyone requested that DAAK be released now even though it only fixed the first problem. I only found out about the auto ringer mute problem a couple of days ago...

If you are using AQUA, I will have some news for you in the next day or so. Anyone using AQUA is automatically using the SPR 1.0 code, and this is unnecessary. My INT-109 is currently using the AQUA skin with only the Derek modified graphics in the Phone_AQUA.prc file, not the whole (SPR100) Phone application..

But I'm on a dinner break, using the T600, and have to run. More to follow later...

Bill S
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast