Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by TR30

I've been using Derek's phone skin on my Sprint T600 and it works fine for me.

Where did you find the phone patch for 'space key autoanswr fix? I looked on Treoessentials with no luck.

CJones
    Originally posted by cavalierjones

Where did you find the phone patch for 'space key autoanswr fix? I looked on Treoessentials with no luck.

CJones
    Think you're a bit confused... there is no patch out yet. The developer of the patch (tvbilly) started this thread in order to get feedback from people before releasing a patch. Treoessentials currently only has phone skins, which change the look of the dialpad. Once the autoanswer patch is made available, derek did say he would host it on treoessentials. Before that happens though, tvbilly had a few questions (listed in the first post) that need to be dealt with.

Also, if you were interested in the phone skins as well, they are considering combining them I think, but one is using a newer phone app than the other and this needs to be worked out.
    I just tried it on my Cingular GSM, a momentary push of the power button does indeed mute the ringer.
    I love that feature......
    It's on TreoEssentials.com too
  5.    #45  
    How weird. My phone, in stock mode, doesn't work that way. I don't know if it's the Phone application that comes with the SIAM 921 update, or what, but it just doesn't silence the ring. (As I said in a previous message, the keypress IS recognized, and it mutes the ring as soon as you push it, but the ring comes back).

I guess that I need to get three versions of the Phone application to check this out.

1) A stock version (from the ROM) of the Phone application that comes with the Sprint CDMA phone. meyerweb has volunteered to email it to me, so I've sent him a private message with my email address.

2) A stock version (from the ROM) of the Phone application that comes with an UNMODIFIED, UNUPGRADED Cingular GSM T600.

3) A stock version (from the ROM) of the Phone application that comes with an UNMODIFIED, UNUPGRADED AT&T GSM T600.

If you would be so kind as to send me a private message here if you can provide #2 or #3, I'd really appreciate it.

Bill S

ps If anyone is running a firmware updated GSM phone (with the SIAM 921 update), and is NOT running AQUA_Phone from treo600essentials, could you test the ringer silence button push we've all been talking about.
    TV Billy, Mine is a CDMA/Sprint.

We are talking about the power button on the top that you use to toggle wireless on/off, right. That is the one that I tap, not the phone hot-key (just making sure).
    Thanks, Matt
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    TV Billy, Mine is a CDMA/Sprint.

We are talking about the power button on the top that you use to toggle wireless on/off, right. That is the one that I tap, not the phone hot-key (just making sure).
    Thanks, Matt
    Hi TV Billy:
    I've been reading w/ great interest about the soon to be released fix to this button / answer phone problem.

I hv an unlocked version bought in Singapore w/ no carrier attached. I pressed the power button on the top when an incoming call is coming in and it just cuts off the ring, but the ring does not come back on.

My Phone info as follows:
    SA no: 100145400
    Firmware: 02.01
    Software: Treo600-1.05-INT
    Hardware: B

Hope this helps w/ yr analysis. I really am anxious to get the fix as I'm using a Covertec side case. Just found out this stupid default button problem as i started using the case. Been having calls auto answered, missing calls, unprompted dialing out as a result of the buttons being pressed by the case..... all sorts of ****ty problem for an otherwise good phone!!

bhleong
    dude! this is the answer i've been looking for. new question though... where do i find your patch so i can load it up?

Also, does anyone know a way to program the 600 to answer automaticaly when you want it to?

I use the 600 with my ipod and the Skullcandy Link headset, but don't like having to push the skullcandy button to answer the phone. i just want it to pick up after a couple rings by itself... in a controlled fashion... not with the space bar!

THNKS
  9.    #49  
    So it turns out that I'm gonna host the files on my own server anyway, and to that end I've started to put up the web page. I would really appreciate it if you checked it out now at this web page.

None of the files listed are there for download yet, but the documentation (on the page) is pretty close to done. I have already created the International (1.09) version, and the AQUA_Phone patched version, but I'm not ready to put them up quite yet.

Here's where I still need your help!

I still need to check out the differences between all the different versions of the Phone application. I don't yet even know how many there are. I need people to send me a copy of their Phone application. I plan on making available a patched copy of every different version I can get my hands on, so you can use the exact same version of the Phone application that's already in your T600.

Now I don't want to get a zillion copies of the Phone application, with no idea of which is which, so I need to "coordinate" this.

I need a copy of the Cingular Phone.prc file, a copy of the AT&T Phone.prc file, and a copy of the Sprint Phone.prc file. If you've already updated your GSM T600 with one of the SIAM updaters, I don't need your file.

As soon as I get a copy of the particular Phone.prc file, I can check it to see if it's different from all the other versions, and patch it and make it available if it is. To that end, if you are capable and desirous of emailing me a copy of your Phone.prc file, please send me a private message here with what you have, and if I still need it, I'll give you an email address to send it. If you've never sent a private message here, ask for help.

Please private mail me if you can send me one of the Phone.prc files I need.
    Please let me know what you think about the web page!

Bill S

ps I am going on the road for the next four or five days, and although I won't be out of touch (how can I be with a T600 ), I may not be able to check in as often as I usually do.
  10.    #50  
    I noticed something having to do with the "pressing the power key when the phone is ringing mutes the ringer" and the "pressing any key when the phone is ringing mutes the ringer" stuff.

On my GSM INT-1.09 phone, if a call comes in and the incoming phone number is displayed, then pressing any key will indeed mute the ringer.

If the call is coming from someone with no caller id information, then pressing any key will NOT mute the ringer.

I was doing all my "testing" before from a phone with caller id blocked...

This is so weird. And more importantly, if the ringer can be silenced with the press of any key (unless there is no caller id info with the incoming call), then it's almost as big a problem as the auto answer problem.

Sigh, more research, and maybe more patching may be in order.

Bill S
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    I noticed something having to do with the "pressing the power key when the phone is ringing mutes the ringer" and the "pressing any key when the phone is ringing mutes the ringer" stuff.

On my GSM INT-1.09 phone, if a call comes in and the incoming phone number is displayed, then pressing any key will indeed mute the ringer.

If the call is coming from someone with no caller id information, then pressing any key will NOT mute the ringer.

I was doing all my "testing" before from a phone with caller id blocked...

This is so weird. And more importantly, if the ringer can be silenced with the press of any key (unless there is no caller id info with the incoming call), then it's almost as big a problem as the auto answer problem.

Sigh, more research, and maybe more patching may be in order.

Bill S
    I'm glad to see that more folks are starting to see that this problem is serious (original thread on the subject)
    And more importantly, if the ringer can be silenced with the press of any key (unless there is no caller id info with the incoming call), then it's almost as big a problem as the auto answer problem.
    Not in my opinion, the main problem that I am hearing is that people are hearing their phone ring (or feel it vibrate), it's in a case or pocket, you try to retrieve it to see who it is, or what it is to either answer to ignor or what ever. Only to find that when the phone is in your hand, it has already been answered and it's a live call, due to an "auto answer" button being pressed inadvetently as you removed the phone from said pocket or case.

With the ringer issue, you alreay know you have a call, so if it goes silent as your removing it from your case or pocket, the call is still uneffected per se...

If you don't hear the ring yet, then you have not moved the phone, so it should still ring untill you try to retrieve it. Now I do see what may happen, the phone rings, you lean against somthign right as it happens, and it mutes and you never hear the call. I would guess that may be an issue to some, but not in the quanity of the auto answer from retrieving the phone from the pocket or case.

This is just my look on it, I am but one in a sea of a google......
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Not in my opinion, the main problem that I am hearing is that people are hearing their phone ring (or feel it vibrate), it's in a case or pocket, you try to retrieve it to see who it is, or what it is to either answer to ignor or what ever. Only to find that when the phone is in your hand, it has already been answered and it's a live call, due to an "auto answer" button being pressed inadvetently as you removed the phone from said pocket or case.
    this is exactly the problem.
    main problem, yes. but I agree with tvbilly that the mute ringer problem is also bad (though not as severe). the difference is that one could be a major liability while the other just a minor hassle that makes you miss calls.
    ...and should the release of a solution to the main problem be delayed by the search for a fix of the lesser one?
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    <snip>

Please let me know what you think about the web page!

<snip>

couldn't be more detailed...... great job, so lets just wait for the patches now?
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Originally posted by MrByte

couldn't be more detailed...... great job, so lets just wait for the patches now?
    I agree
  18.    #58  
    Originally posted by boardoe
    ...and should the release of a solution to the main problem be delayed by the search for a fix of the lesser one?
    Not in my opinion

There may be a second version (etc) of the patch, but fixing the "any key turns off the ringer" is a separate problem, and I won't hold up posting the fix for the main problem.

Bill S
    So the links don't work on your page yet....correct?

Also, tell me how to specifically help you, and I will. I have firmware 2.09, software Treo 600-1.09-INT, hardware B
    Billy, the site and docs are great!! Bring on the patches!!!!

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast