1.    #1  
    Is there any way to set a hot key (hard button or quick-key) to jump striaght to the address book/contact list? (like the old address book hard button)
    Before someone tells you to RTFM, go to Applications -> Prefs -> Buttons. You can re-assign the hard buttons from there.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I am a LONG time Palm user and this was the first thing that I tried. Unfortunately, "Contacts" isn't listed there. Apparantly now this is a sub-application to Phone.
    If you install the small contacts application found on the following thread,

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...+contacts.html

it will provide you a regular icon for your contacts list. Once you have that you should be able to reassing the buttons.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the link. I read through the thread and it seems like someone wrote something to allow you to access Contacts as an independent application. But then it seemed like there was an intro screen that enventually shows up and clearing it would overall cost more keystrokes than the factory default settings.

I guess I'll just have to reprogram my thumb to get there the new way... unless there are other ideas out there.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I too wish this was possible. Why the address book is not accessible except through the phone app is bizarre.
    Originally posted by bettyboop

I guess I'll just have to reprogram my thumb to get there the new way... unless there are other ideas out there.
    In order to move to the 600 hardware, one must install and configure the software and re-program one's wetware. I have found this last step the most difficult.
    Originally posted by bettyboop
    Thanks for the link. I read through the thread and it seems like someone wrote something to allow you to access Contacts as an independent application. But then it seemed like there was an intro screen that enventually shows up and clearing it would overall cost more keystrokes than the factory default settings.

i've found that the splash screen appears if you launch contacts from the icon but I don't get the splash screen when I assign it to a navpad button. works great for me.
    Using a file manager, you can copy the program from ROM to RAM, and then it shows up in whatever launcher you're using and can be assigned like any other app. Yes, this uses up some RAM, but it's not all that much.

And note: the program is called "Address Book," not Contacts, when looking in a file manager.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Using a file manager, you can copy the program from ROM to RAM, and then it shows up in whatever launcher you're using and can be assigned like any other app. Yes, this uses up some RAM, but it's not all that much.

And note: the program is called "Address Book," not Contacts, when looking in a file manager.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.