Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    >>I've read that the Treo devices use TTL voltage instead of
    >>RS232 voltage on the serial link, so you probably need some
    >>electronics to adjust the voltage...

My interface whit max232 do it 12v>5v&5v>12v,but still not any communication, I used pin 1,2&6. Maybe I miss something?!?

Pinout:
    I = input, O = output, P = power
    Pin Name I/O/P1 Function

1 RXD I Receive Data
    2 TXD O/P Transmit Data/Power (Power??????????)
    3 No Connect GPIO to internal battery pack
    4 HS2* I Serial Cradle Detect
    5 HS1* I HotSync Interrupt
    6 GND P Ground
    7 USB_D- I/O USB Data Negative
    8 USB_D+ I/O USB Data Positive
    9 DQ I/O 1-wire communication pin (??????????)
    10 PACK+ P a1 Battery Positive Terminal
    11 PACK+ P a1 Battery Positive Terminal
    12 GND P Ground
    13 GND P Ground
    14 VDOCK P Cradle Power (charging)
    15 VDOCK P Cradle Power (charging)
    Last edited by atari; 01/13/2004 at 02:44 AM.
    Originally posted by nodeel

i dont quite understand the rom things - but how about emulating...dump the rom and then run massive brute force on the emulated rom and see the code that breaks it.
    We don't know how to get the ROM of the Treo in a format that will let you use it in the simulator (note that it is a simulator, not an emulator!). This swedish guy in another thread claims that he has unlocked his phone but doesn't want to tell us how, however I believe he has managed to found a way to do a brute force attack on the ROM on his PC.
    I dont get the bogus unlocked message - it continues to give me the Sim lock is not removed on my device....and yeah...3 years is a lot..but i think we can test more than 1 per second
    If some don't get that bogus unlocked message (and if indeed this means that you can make as many attempts in a row as you like without reaction from the OS), then we might possibly achieve a speed greater than one code per second. But I think that we'd have to check if the (foreign) SIM card is accepted to be sure that the phone is unlocked (unless we find another way), and that may take a few seconds...

On the other hand, if your device display the bogus message after three failed attempts, then we'd have to soft-reset the Treo after every two attempts, and this for sure would bring the speed to two or three attempts per minute. I'll let you do the math but in this case I'd definitely not want to let my Treo a few years running with that program to unlock it!

IMHO our best chance isn't in massive force attack...

i dont quite understand the rom things - but how about emulating...dump the rom and then run massive brute force on the emulated rom and see the code that breaks it.
    Yeah, nice idea! As soon as you've finished writing the emulator, and the utility to dump the ROM correctly, I'll have a look at that attack program on the emulator!
    Originally posted by atari
    4 HS2* I Serial Cradle Detect
    Hmm... I remember when I built my serial cable for the Sony Clie, there was a resistor in there which value had to be changed so that the Clie would know that it had to use the serial part of the interface and not the USB one. Maybe this pin #4 has to be connected to something so that the Treo actually uses the serial interface? Just a thought... When I receive my serial cable, I'll try to see if I can check that point without destroying my cable!
    Hi,

I should receive my TREO locked to AT&T (American carrier) at any time and then I will be able to help if needed (I am living in Germany and I have my German Carrier SIM for testing).

I will post again as soon as I receive my TREO!

Regards.
    Hi Guys,

Tried to run the firmware update posted on MOL's site anyway, but it failed. First it say the ZLIB-database can't be upodated, after that it keeps nagging to connect to a charger asking to install some file. Confirmed more the 10 times, then i quit the program through cancel. Treo still works fine, but nothing seems to have changed.

So, no spectacular news, just wanted to let you know.

Regards,

Peter
    as my second treo DID upgrade i went back with the first one to 'delivery status'.......both upgraded succesfully. But still no phone info (imei, sa, firm) on both.
    I knew that we are trying to use the Windows Hyperterminal talking to the Treo modem. But seems that people had problem with the cable, etc.
    Would a terminal program runing on Treo do the same thing? I mean send AT commands to the modem?
    Actually, it's not hard at all to retrieve the lock status. It's even in the Developers Guide as PhnLibGetOperatorLock.

The attached prc is a slightly modified version of the sample PhoneInfo application that comes with the dev kit. I've added the lock status to it.

Beware, this is the very first Palm app I've ever written...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    >>The attached prc is a slightly modified version of the sample
    >>PhoneInfo application that comes with the dev kit. I've added
    >>the lock status to it.

I test it, program start only if wirless is off and dont give me any info. When wirless is on I get only blank screen&must reset
    Anyway Mol keep work, Im sure next ver will work better.
    I will try to play whit deassembler....
    >>The attached prc is a slightly modified version of the sample
    >>PhoneInfo application that comes with the dev kit. I've added
    >>the lock status to it.

I test it, program start only if wirless is off and dont give me any info. When wirless is on I get only blank screen&must reset
    Anyway Mol keep work, Im sure next ver will work better.
    I will try to play whit deassembler....
    I've noticed it only seems to work if you're using a SIM card of the operator that your phone is locked to.

I've attached the sample app that HS includes. If this version has the same behavior with your phone then at least we know it's not my code that is causing the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Originally posted by Mol
    Actually, it's not hard at all to retrieve the lock status. It's even in the Developers Guide as PhnLibGetOperatorLock.

The attached prc is a slightly modified version of the sample PhoneInfo application that comes with the dev kit. I've added the lock status to it.

Beware, this is the very first Palm app I've ever written...

Works fine here as long as wireless mode has been switched off: all fields empty. When wireless mode is on (and the phone is locked?) it restarts the treo.

Peter
    Works fine on mine with Wireless mode ON and provides all the information.
    With wireless mode off, nothing appears.

Mine is an AT&T locked phone.
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    Originally posted by MrByte
    Works fine on mine with Wireless mode ON and provides all the information.
    With wireless mode off, nothing appears.

Mine is an AT&T locked phone.
    Just to double check: and it is saying yours is locked?
    Originally posted by Mol

Just to double check: and it is saying yours is locked?
    yes Mol, mine is locked to AT&T and it definitively says Locked in the Lock status.
    .MrByte

-----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
    >>I've noticed it only seems to work if you're using a SIM card of
    >>the operator that your phone is locked to.

I try thet too & org. program, same effect. My treo is fw2.08 locked to swis orange.
    >>I've noticed it only seems to work if you're using a SIM card of
    >>the operator that your phone is locked to.

I try thet too & org. program, same effect. My treo is fw2.08 locked to swis orange.
    Well, if the original program doesn't work, not much I can do I guess.
    Hi Mol,

Your program works OK on my (Orange but reflashed and unlocked) Treo 600 with wireless ON.

I get (i'm currently roaming at Atlanta, GA, USA):

Number: Number not on SIM
    Operator: T-Mobile
    Signal Strength: 28
    Roam Status: Roaming
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hardware: A
    Serial: (for my eyes only)
    IMEI: (ditto)
    ESN: (this field is blank)
    Lock Status: Locked

It's funny it should say "locked" because the phone was initially locked on Orange but I'm using it with an SFR SIM card...

Otherwise, congratulations, your program is a gold mine of informations!
    Originally posted by euroclie
    Hi Mol,

Your program works OK on my (Orange but reflashed and unlocked) Treo 600 with wireless ON.

I get (i'm currently roaming at Atlanta, GA, USA):

Number: Number not on SIM
    Operator: T-Mobile
    Signal Strength: 28
    Roam Status: Roaming
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT
    Hardware: A
    Serial: (for my eyes only)
    IMEI: (ditto)
    ESN: (this field is blank)
    Lock Status: Locked

It's funny it should say "locked" because the phone was initially locked on Orange but I'm using it with an SFR SIM card...

Otherwise, congratulations, your program is a gold mine of informations!
    It's not funny Here's a quote from the API documentation.

PhnLibGetOperatorLock Function

Purpose
    This function indicate if the Operator has locked the phone to its network (i.e. it canft be used on other network)

Declared In
    HsPhoneNetwork.h

Prototype
    Err PhnLibGetOperatorLock(UInt16 refNum, UInt16
    facilityType, Boolean* enabled)

Parameters
    refNum
    Library reference number returned by HsGetPhoneLibrary().
    facilityType
    optional facility type, or 0 (TBC)
    enabled
    pointer to output value

Returns
    True if a network was found even if we are unable to register to it.
    False if no network can be found.

Comments
    If facilityType = 0, the facilityType is "PN".
    This is a function that only applies to a GSM/GPRS smartphone.
    If I understand this correctly it should indeed be returning True in your case, in which I'm displaying Locked.

However, I don't understand when the function will return a False...
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast