Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    I make serial cable but no comm. whit terminal (115200 8-n-1)
    I use tx,rx & gnd whit max 232 to comp.(interface is good I use it for other phones...)
    When I was applying the firmware upgrade for the zillionth time, it crashed right after the screen that says "Warning: don't reset your device." Yes, I had a rough 15 minutes thinking I had ruined my device. Until I realized I had invalid values for GoUc and GpUc. After changing them to EEEEEEEE with the TokenWriter the upgrade went fine again.

The good news is that I was clever enough to run Filez after the initial crash to have a look at the files. And there were a few gems there! Like a prc called ROMUpdater

I've posted a copy of those files here

I've also posted the ROM and firmware.prc files that we had already discovered after cancelling the update. Those are here

Both are 5Mb zip files.
    Has anybody else tried using the ROM Updater mentioned in my post above?
    Dear Mol,

If you tell me where I can find the updater, I will try at least on one of my treo's.

Regards,

F.Peter
    Originally posted by peter017
    Dear Mol,

If you tell me where I can find the updater, I will try at least on one of my treo's.

Regards,

F.Peter
    It's in one of the two zip files for which I posted links earlier today. But we need serious Palm techies to look at it, I wouldn't recommend running them without knowing what you're doing.
    Dear Mol,

I am serious, but only a little bit technical as far as the treo is concerned. But i will have to update the rom one day if i wish to unlock isn't it? But ok, maybe it's better to wait....

Thanks,

F.Peter
  7.    #147  
    Originally posted by atari
    I use tx,rx & gnd whit max 232 to comp.(interface is good I use it for other phones...)
    Atari make sure your treo has switched into Tethered mode (it'll say so on screen).
    >>It's in one of the two zip files for which I posted links earlier
    >>today. But we need serious Palm techies to look at it, I
    >>wouldn't recommend running them without knowing what
    >>you're doing.

I post phone&gsmlib.prc in 3 warez group: xp,codes4all and palmmaniak ~20days ago; I try in some Mirc warez but didnt find anybody whit spare time & will to try...(Only one modeator try but......nothing)
    We must learn 68000 mashine code,apparently no help from others in palm alliance...
    >>Atari make sure your treo has switched into Tethered mode
    >>(it'll say so on screen).

I try whit power phone on and off, but nothing on treo screen?!
    I enter code to activate modem of course....
    Can anybody try to activate modem & get something on screen...
    Last edited by atari; 01/12/2004 at 02:58 PM.
    If someone can present to me -exactly- what I'm asking for (what skill set, what needs to be done, etc.) I can pass it along to a couple of people whom I know that are crazy programming gurus. Perhaps they can take a crack at it... however, this thread has come so far I'm not even quite sure what you all are looking for anymore. heh.
    >>It's in one of the two zip files for which I posted links earlier
    >>today. But we need serious Palm techies to look at it, I
    >>wouldn't recommend running them without knowing what
    >>you're doing.

I post phone&gsmlib.prc in 3 warez group: xp,codes4all and palmmaniak ~20days ago; I try in some Mirc warez but didnt find anybody whit spare time & will to try...(Only one modeator try but......nothing)
    We must learn 68000 mashine code,apparently no help from others in palm alliance...
    Go to NewNet and log into #palmwarez

Ask dr funk, freefall, pHOENIX, alienD, Flex or Nico for help (and ask if BrAtKo is still around).

If they want to help, you will have the Treo 600 unlocked in a few days.

I already try 5-6 times in past 20days and some others chanels too,
    Maybe somebody have more luck then me....

btw in one palm warez channel they even baned me because I say thet there is not any solution for treo 180,270,300,600 & for spv soluton was publish when phone was started to sell, are pocked pc hackers better then ours?!?
    Last edited by atari; 01/12/2004 at 04:50 PM.
    I already try 5-6 times in past 20days and some others chanels too,
    Maybe somebody have more luck then me....

btw in one palm warez channel they even baned me because I say thet there is not any solution for treo 180,270,300,600 & for spv soluton was publish when phone was started to sell, are pocked pc hackers better then ours?!?
    That's not the best way to go about getting help.

I believe Mol's recent crash has probably made the solution a lot easier...

I'll talk to someone and see if I can can get the unlock fix this week. If they can hack the firmware updater, I will post here how to do it.
    I find how to modem start:
    #*83843733 DIAL
    >>That's not the best way to go about getting help.

Im not good at negotiation....

btw I will try to make prg. whit brutal force attack if I make connection whit treo.....tomorrow....stay tuned!
    I've read that the Treo devices use TTL voltage instead of RS232 voltage on the serial link, so you probably need some electronics to adjust the voltage...
    I will try to make prg. whit brutal force attack if I make connection whit treo.....tomorrow....stay tuned!
    Be aware that brute force attack will require days or months to crack the code! If the code is 8 digits long, then the maximum number of possibilities is 1e8 (100 millions). Even if you could test 1 code every second, this would still require up to three years, and that's considering we don't have to perform a reset every two attempt to avoid getting a bogus "device unlocked" message at the third failed attempt!
    Originally posted by Mol
    The good news is that I was clever enough to run Filez after the initial crash to have a look at the files. And there were a few gems there! Like a prc called ROMUpdater
    Also, if you guys want to get the files directly, here's what required to avoid risking your device:

Install the updater on the Treo 600 simulator (available from Handspring web site). Launch it. It will fail and leave you with a bunch of files (which include the ROM*.prc and Firmware*.prc, and programs like AppInflater, TokenWriter, DeviceCustomizer...). Save the files on your HD by exporting them out of the emulator using POSExDB. You'll have to export the ROM*.prc and Firmware*.prc files one at a time, then delete it with a file manager (like FileZ) from the Emulator RAM, because POSExDB seems not to be able to display them all at the same time...

Once this is done, install the programm called AppInflater.prc with the appropriate locale (AppInflater_enUS.prc or the one corresponding to the language in use on your Treo 600) on your actual device, with all the ROM*.prc and Firmware*.prc files. Launch AppInflater, it will decompress the ROM and Firmware-related files (but it won't reflash anything, don't worry!), all you need is enough free RAM to store the files (you need at least 12Mb free RAM to uncompress the ROM, for instance, as far as I can remember...

After that, all the files are in your Treo 600 RAM in an uncompressed format, and you can back them up on your computer then look at them using your favorite hexadecimal editor...
    Originally posted by euroclie

Be aware that brute force attack will require days or months to crack the code! If the code is 8 digits long, then the maximum number of possibilities is 1e8 (100 millions). Even if you could test 1 code every second, this would still require up to three years, and that's considering we don't have to perform a reset every two attempt to avoid getting a bogus "device unlocked" message at the third failed attempt!
    I dont get the bogus unlocked message - it continues to give me the Sim lock is not removed on my device....and yeah...3 years is a lot..but i think we can test more than 1 per second
    Originally posted by euroclie

i dont quite understand the rom things - but how about emulating...dump the rom and then run massive brute force on the emulated rom and see the code that breaks it.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast