Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
    Originally posted by vulcan
    Chupa your recent bate of "Legal anxiety" wouldn't be a curveball to seed some doubt in the mind of a certain online vendor specializing in overpriced cables would it?

I suggest you buy a vowel. Or maybe five. And a "Y".

Kumar and company are leeches that will parasitize the naive somewhere else, some other day.

On the other hand, my service, ChupacabraUnlockerô is the real deal. We've been unlocking Nokias, Ericssons, Motorolas, Sanyos, Doors and Samsungs for over a decade. We've never had a single return in that time and offer a money back guarantee* to all our customers. And we're proud to be An American Company.

2.    #342  
    Why am I having flashbacks of "you kicked my dog" and "******* guy" audio clips?
    Originally posted by vulcan
    Why am I having flashbacks of "you kicked my dog" and "******* guy" audio clips?

Hello.
    Hello, is Abtar there?
    Who?
    Abtar.
    Can I ask who's speaking please?
    This is Kerpal.
    Who?
    Kerpal.
    OK, one moment please.
    [Daughter calls Abtar . . .]
    Hello.
    Hello.
    Hi de.
    Hi, I was just calling because I live down the street from you, and your daughter come to my house today and she steal my Treo unlock money.
    Pardon?
    Your daughter come to my house today,
    Uh-huh.
    And she come on my property and then she steal my Treo unlock money. And now my Treo needs operation.
    She steal my Treo unlock money?
    She steal my Treo unlock money!
    She steal my Treo unlock money?
    Yes.
    Which daughter?
    The one who just answered the phone.
    [Abtar checks with his daughter . . .]
    No.
    What?
    No.
    Yes she did. I saw her. And then I go to I saw her at your house. And, why did she do it?
    I don't know. She didn't said.
    She did! She's lying! She's lying to you, f**king guy!
    Where, where from you speaking?
    I am speaking from my house.
    Where you live?
    Down the street from you.
    Huh?
    You know where I live. My unlock money, she steal it and now I'm going to f**k her!
    [mumbles]...ohhhh, you lie I dunno..
    Don't lie, you f**king guy.
    Hey, why? Don't talk like that!
    F**k you! You know damn right what she do!
    Yea, she let but who steal my Treo unlock money?
    Your daughter steal my Treo unlock money.
    Which daughter?
    YOU KNOW DAMN RIGHT!!!.......[quietly]..you *******.
    [Mumbling in background, daughter comes back to phone]
    Hello.
    Hello.
    Yeah?
    Why you steal my Treo unlock money?
    Hello, can I ask who's speaking please?
    You know damn right! It's Kerpal. It's Kerpal.
    Who's Kerpal? We don't know Kerpal.
    Yes, you do. You steal my Treo unlock money today.
    Treo?!
    Treo!
    We don't even-we don't misber--
    You don't act stupid. You tell your Dad that I am going to sue him. He is going to go to jail.
    OK, where the hell do you live?
    I live on your street.
    On my street?
    You know!
    You say that one of us have steal your Treo unlock money?
    Yes.
    Where abouts do you live?
    You know damn right!!
    No, we do not know damn right! We don't even know you.
    [under breath] Yes you do.
    Why? Where the hell do you live?
    [under breath] You don't ask dumb question.
    You live on Marative?
    No,you just shut up! You try to confuse! I am going to call the police, and then, you're going to go to jail.
    You damn right call the police because we don't know what the hell-
    You do not tell me 'damn right'. You do not swear at me. [under breath] I am going to kill you.
    You 're going to kill us!?
    No, not, I'm just kidding! You just tell your Dad that I am going to get my lawyer and he is going to rush you!
    [says to background] I don't know who the hell he is. [back to Kerpal] Ok, you just go ahead, OK, because we don't know what the f**k you're talking about.
    You don't ever tell me to 'f**k'! You say bad word!
    Well you talk to us this way when you have no proof...
    F**k you, you, you do not tell me f**k you! OK you? You know?
    Please just get lost OK, because we're fed up.
    F**k you. You are going to jail.
    We don't know who the hell you are and you're phoning us with all these obscene-
    Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! You shut up you!
    Don't tell me to shut up, I did not-
    Shut up! You stink!
    Oh, you stink too!
    No, you don't-
    You stink too!
    I do not stink!
    I think you do!
    f**k you, Just because I am paki doesn't mean I stink!
    [she hangs up].
    OK... I missed it!!! I was following the unlocking thread with great interest, but then I had to go out of the country on business. Now that I'm back, I see that I missed getting the unlocking files. does anyone have a copy they can email to me or are they posted anywhere new?

Any help would realy, really, really be appreciated! I can't believe I missed out after waiting for this for so long!

Thanks!!!

(sorry for the crosspost in another relavent thread)
    Originally posted by f10ab1b
    OK... I missed it!!! I was following the unlocking thread with great interest, but then I had to go out of the country on business. Now that I'm back, I see that I missed getting the unlocking files. does anyone have a copy they can email to me or are they posted anywhere new?

Any help would realy, really, really be appreciated! I can't believe I missed out after waiting for this for so long!

Thanks!!!

(sorry for the crosspost in another relavent thread)
    The files are here:

Unlock GSM Treo 600
    I just received an email from gsmlocker and much to my surprise their $149.99 fix looks exactly like the fix developed here. The only difference was the date stamp was 1 hour off.

I kept the order open because I wanted to see what their mystery cable was adding to the unlock fix. The cable was never delivered, only the same 40 files that are posted on these threads.
    I am still trying to get the refund they told me would be "processed soon" on Jan 15th. I just got off the phone with them. Get this they said that someone on a forum stole their software and posted it and they are going to be in a lot of trouble.
  8.    #348  
    Originally posted by crum
    I just received an email from gsmlocker and much to my surprise their $149.99 fix looks exactly like the fix developed here. The only difference was the date stamp was 1 hour off.

I kept the order open because I wanted to see what their mystery cable was adding to the unlock fix. The cable was never delivered, only the same 40 files that are posted on these threads.
    Dude don't let them get your money, take it to your credit card company. They are nothing more than lousy unskilled thieves.
    I just want to put a note in here, I'm seeing several personal attacks throughout this thread. DON'T MAKE ME CLOSE THIS THREAD! Keep it civil please. (Yes you too, Mr Chupacabra)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    If gsmlocker said that someone stole the files from them, I wonder why the files were delivered in a folder call "Crashed". Isn't this the same file that Mol created?
    Sorry, I'll play nice with the other kids.

I just can't stand self-righteous condescension. If you talk like you are in the know, be in the know.
    Originally posted by miradu
    I just want to put a note in here, I'm seeing several personal attacks throughout this thread. DON'T MAKE ME CLOSE THIS THREAD! Keep it civil please. (Yes you too, Mr Chupacabra)

"Yes you too, Mr. Chupacabra"? Get serious. I'd like to see where in this thread I've made any "personal attacks". Feel free to quote them. The only things I've read in the Treo 600 hacking threads are cowardly attacks on The Chupacabra from "brave" little kiddies typing from their mommy's PC. These people make Frequent Visitor seem brilliant by comparison. And I notice those posting insults were nowhere to be seen when the adults were having a real discussion about the technical aspects of the Treo 600 earlier in the thread.

The Chupacabra has been around long enough to not care about what is said in an Internet forum. Lighten up, miradu.

DON'T MAKE ME DO SOMETHING VERY, VERY BAD!
    post more?

I kid! I kid!
    Chup, are you aiming to get every thread you post on 'closed down' like the other one... let it sleep bro.
    The "locked" unlock thread

miradu
    TreoCentral Staff

I'm going to close this thread because i think the discussion after page 4 took a turn for the worse...

I agree that the legality of this unlock is in question, and hence we will not host the file ourselves. However, whether we are allowed to post links to it is an open question.

We have a more than 4 year relationship with Handspring. This has carried over to PalmOne. I am told that most employees spend some time each days on the boards. We generally communicate very well, and they have never feared to immediately contact us if they don't like what we are doing. When the whole italian firmware thing came about we were called shortly after the news broke, asking us to ensure that users know that doing this voids their warrenty. It is to my knowledge that this is what their feelings on unlocked phones are; you are voiding your firmware, and palmone has 0 responsibility to help you ever again. If they asked us to take down links, we would try our best to do so asap.

I also want to remind people what they agreed to when registering to this site:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Although the administrators and moderators of TreoCentral.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of TreoCentral.com or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of TreoCentral.com have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for site readership, 476 is a bit small It is my belief that about 7% of all treo owners read this site. We have almost 10,000 (9500?) or so active REGISTERED users (people who have posted, or registered with us over the last year). Site readership is even more than that; only a fraction of those that read this site have registered.

Your site, your choice to do as you please, miradu.

But THINK for a minute. We've now gone from a small group of a dozen or less 3l173 hackers playing with the treo 600 unlock method out of intellectual curiosity to gsmlocker slime selling this "service" privately, pathetic thieves like "treorunner" advertising the unlock on eBay, and misguided posters setting up their own eBay ads, further publicizing the availability of the unlock. Just what Palm needs as they try to reinvent themselves as a cell phone company. No doubt you feel this is all OK.
    Originally posted by scudder
    Chup, are you aiming to get every thread you post on 'closed down' like the other one... let it sleep bro.
    I'm not the one who decided to close the thread down. I just posted the facts in the other thread and certain slimeballs with their own agenda disagreed. Now the truth about treorunner comes out. And none of this changes the main problems I had alluded to in the other thread.

Microsoft's Misinformation department could do well by posting links to the unlock hack to every Treo site they can find. Watch the carriers get nervous and rethink their commitment to Palm. AT&T must be getting pretty skittish about their Treo 600 program right now.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

AT&T must be getting pretty skittish about their Treo 600 program right now.
    Considering ATTWS is spending most of thier time trying to get bought, and the leading bidder is cingular (who doesnt seem to care if treo's are locked) I doubt ATTWS is too worried.
    Hey, does anyone know if the patch unlocks the CDMA version of the treo 600 or just the GSM?

You guys are the greatest!

Thanks!
    The patch just unlocks the GSM model.

DemonJ