Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 363
  1. #321  
    Originally posted by gsmlocker
    To All the people who have posted comments in the last 1 month regarding our ability to unlock the Phone, Well from Today 01.19.04, we our doing remote unlocking within 12 hours after placing of the order.

    huhh.... they are already starting....... and still at $150?
    .MrByte

    -----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
  2. #322  
    Originally posted by gsmlocker
    To All the people who have posted comments in the last 1 month regarding our ability to unlock the Phone, Well from Today 01.19.04, we our doing remote unlocking within 12 hours after placing of the order.
    wow, how coincidential
  3. #323  
    story so far
    did firmware upgrade (italian rom upgrade) in November/december

    Downloaded patched zip last night.

    Hard reset
    Unzipped and ran from SD card
    Update runs through (takes a few mins)
    Phone not unlocked
    Shows firmware 2.08

    Downloaded updater siam updater 921.prc
    hard reset
    ran it from memory
    it ran fine
    Shows firmware 2.09

    Downloaded patched.zip (from this thred)
    hard reset
    unzipped and ran from sd card
    ran fine - took a couple of mins
    phone still locked

    Any suggestions?

    I'm on orange UK

    Help appreciated!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  4. #324  
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    story so far
    did firmware upgrade (italian rom upgrade) in November/december

    Downloaded patched zip last night.

    Hard reset
    Unzipped and ran from SD card
    Update runs through (takes a few mins)
    Phone not unlocked
    Shows firmware 2.08

    Downloaded updater siam updater 921.prc
    hard reset
    ran it from memory
    it ran fine
    Shows firmware 2.09

    Downloaded patched.zip (from this thred)
    hard reset
    unzipped and ran from sd card
    ran fine - took a couple of mins
    phone still locked

    Any suggestions?

    I'm on orange UK

    Help appreciated!
    .... hmm... have you tried hard resetting after applying the patch?
    .MrByte

    -----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
  5. #325  
    Yes, try hard resetting again, or, go to preferences (from the application launcher) and go to network, then click modify next to 'locked'. It should unlock.
  6. #326  
    Originally posted by middle_man
    Yes, try hard resetting again, or, go to preferences (from the application launcher) and go to network, then click modify next to 'locked'. It should unlock.
    what does this have to do with the SIM lock to a carrier? This is only the GPRS settings... and the modify just creates a copy of the original settings.
    .MrByte

    -----
    mytreo.net the ultimate Treo resource
    Treo Knowledge base (FAQ's)
  7. #327  
    Oh! I'm sorry. I just assumed it was related. I unlocked my phone but will not need the unlocked 'feature' for several months so I can only speculate that it made a difference. My bad.
  8. #328  
    Originally posted by MrByte


    .... hmm... have you tried hard resetting after applying the patch?
    Yup - tried that as well.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  9. #329  
    Originally posted by treo6.5
    Well well, my trip to the store for my new sd disc was worth the long drive, my treo is now working, the only problem is that the AT&T logo is still there, but can live with it, here is the info I got from phone info, in case it is any good for information

    <shortened...>

    THANKS MOL AND THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT HELPED WITH THIS PROBLEM, YOU SAVED ME 560.02 USD, I WAS GOING TO PURCHASE AN UNLOCKED PHONE, THANK GOD AND YOU PEOPLE THAT I RED BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER
    Guys. Have a uk orange treo and saw unlock reported to work. Just out of safety, is there any way to go back to the original flash if anything goes wrong? Just out of safety.

    //
  10. #330  
    Through this way I wish to thank everybody (no names ) involved making my OUK treo's unlocked. I'm especially very happy as Handspring UK and Orange UK are extremely arrogant (see one of my former postings in this thread). Besides that I'm finally happy one time living in The Netherlands, as unlocking a phone is declared LEGAL by a judge.

    So......if the owner of the patch allows me to put it somewhere on a dutch website, I will be honoured and excited to do so.

    For other Orange UK users who can't unlock the phone with the software from the patch: just install the patch through the cradle synch method in the treo and you will be amazed:

    1 Hard reset, delete data
    2 Install the latest firmware (2.09/1.09)
    3 Synch the 40 patch files for the unlock (cradle -> treo)
    4 run the firmware updater
    5 enjoy

    Whahahaha......I'm dutch, I'm orange
  11. #331  
    Originally posted by peter017
    For other Orange UK users who can't unlock the phone with the software from the patch: just install the patch through the cradle synch method in the treo and you will be amazed:
    Just to be clear: don't trust on your SD-card!!! (it has been supplied by Orange UK)
  12. #332  
    I applied the patch and my Treo 600 is now unlocked and works fine with non-AT&T SIMs.

    One problem though: when I use the Palm OS built-in "Find" utility, the Treo crashes when it access something beyond the contact list or calendar. I don't know what type of record it is but I'm pretty sure I didn't have this probelm before flashing the patch.

    Anybody knows how to debug that? Maybe I need to delete something? How can one find out what app to remove in order for "Find" to work again?

    Thanks!
  13. #333  
    Originally posted by dtd65
    I applied the patch and my Treo 600 is now unlocked and works fine with non-AT&T SIMs.

    One problem though: when I use the Palm OS built-in "Find" utility, the Treo crashes when it access something beyond the contact list or calendar. I don't know what type of record it is but I'm pretty sure I didn't have this probelm before flashing the patch.

    Anybody knows how to debug that? Maybe I need to delete something? How can one find out what app to remove in order for "Find" to work again?

    Thanks!
    The old school way


    I don't know if this hack will work on PalmOS 5 (with TealMaster), but this was one of the the old ways to figure out the cause of a Find conflict.
  14.    #334  
    Guys you can go back to the 'locked' state by installed the virgin SIAM update (2.09 updater) with the virgin firmwarestackrel.pdb file.

    Chupa your recent bate of "Legal anxiety" wouldn't be a curveball to seed some doubt in the mind of a certain online vendor specializing in overpriced cables would it?
  15. #335  
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra


    The old school way


    I don't know if this hack will work on PalmOS 5 (with TealMaster), but this was one of the the old ways to figure out the cause of a Find conflict.
    Thanks. Tried it. This hack is probably not Treo-600-compatible: even with all apps marked to be ignored (or all except "calendar") the Treo still reboots.

    Any other Idea? Chupacabra? Anybody else?
    Last edited by dtd65; 01/20/2004 at 05:14 PM.
  16. #336  
    Is there any way to get these files now?? Can anyone send them to me?

    Feel like I've missed the boat!
    PhiL
    ----
    Mulled over Smartphone but now a Treo 600 owner
  17. #337  
    Phil,

    The link to the files is available in several other threads, just search for "goddes"
  18. #338  
    Cheers I actually just found it
    PhiL
    ----
    Mulled over Smartphone but now a Treo 600 owner
  19. #339  
    Found it where? Please.
  20. #340  
    Originally posted by dtd65


    Thanks. Tried it. This hack is probably not Treo-600-compatible: even with all apps marked to be ignored (or all except "calendar") the Treo still reboots.

    Any other Idea? Chupacabra? Anybody else?

    The oldest way to test for conflicts: Back up your Treo with a good backup app + also Hotsync. Then do a hard reset. Then reload your apps one at a time, testing after each app is loaded. Welcome to the bleeding edge...

Posting Permissions