Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
    I think I've messed something up. I unlocked by running firmware updater.. then to get rid of the at&t branding i did rom update from the same menu on the sd card. under phone info i now have:
    Number: correct as it should be
    IMEI: correct as it should be
    HS SN: 1234567890123
    SA Number 1001310270
    Firmware 02.09
    Software: Treo 600-0.0/921/02.0
    Hardware Treo 600 x.y

What happened to my handspring serial #? It's gone..

Any ideas on how to get this back??

Mol, Need you help!!!

Phone is unlocked now and can use with tmobile... which i am real grateful for but what happened to my handspring serial #????
    Thank you frenchfries, ifly, mol, euroclie, and others for making this breakthrough. Though I was able to use my existing ATT service I now have unlimited data thru T-Mobile and this is all possible with your valuable effort and results.
    44% COMPLETE

my nerves are shot ...please unlock my baby, free her from that nasty evil ***** that is AT&T Wireless.

edit
    its done and it works!
    beautiful job fellas - this is truly a high water mark in the war against anticompetitive practices undertaken by certain service providers.

Heres the procedure I did.

I transferred the contents of MOL's zip file to my treo via hotsynch (all those PRC's) then ran Firmwareupdate.prc FROM THE DEVICE ITSELF...not off the SD Card - so no need. About 15 nerve wracking minutes later it finished updating firmware. I dropped my T-Mobile SIM into the device, and viola - it logged on to a network. Strange thing is, it didn't log onto T-Mobile's network...it logged onto someting like xxx-xxx where the x's were numbers. Something like 201-445 or something like that. Nevertheless, when I placed a call to my home phone - the call went through flawlessly and then T-Mobile returned as my network provider in the upper left corner.

Upon further exploration, i searched other networks available and got AT&T Wirless (DIE DIE DIE), Cingular, and T-Mobile. What a great triumph of geek engenuity
    Last edited by nodeel; 01/18/2004 at 10:51 PM.
    Did you do the operation without using the sd card? directly with sync??
    jtw64, run the tokenwriter.prc and enter

write hser XXXXX

where you replace XXXXX with your serial number. it's the second number on the sticker on the back of your Treo.
    Ran the patch as per instructions on an Orange UK Treo, worked flawlessly, tested with Indian SIM cards, is 100% unlocked.

Thanks for all the good work by everyone involved.
    Originally posted by peter017
    - Hard reset, data deleted
    - install firmware 2.09
    - write GoUc EEEEEEEE
    - install firmwareupdate to unlock
    IMHO if you write GoUc EEEEEEEE before trying to install the patched firmware, it will not work.

Did you try to apply first the regular upgrade (which should undefine any previously entered GoUc), check that the GoUc is undefined (with the "list" command in TokenWriter, but don't write anything!) and then apply the patched firmware?
    Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find the zip file enabling unlocking the phone?
    This link is dead....

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fmol/Treo600...es/patched.zip

Is there an updated link???

EDIT-------

Nevermind I read the EDITS TO THE original post.
    Thank you (or merci) to Mol for the post and everone else that worked on this. It really is amazing.

No errors & I have tested the Treo 600 with Paegas (T-Mobile in the Czech Republic), T-Mobile USA (different sims), and it works fine. I have a UK vodaphone sim floating around somewhere, will check that...

The phone was a formerly AT&T branded model. The whole process only took < 10 minutes.

Thanks again...
    2 Treo 600s one Cing one AT&T.
    Hello everybody,

Does anyone who already downloaded the patched.zip file may send it to me please. I completely understand Mol but I live in africa and have bought a treo 600 in France yesterday with orange who told me that I will have to wait 6 months for the unlock Code. So I use the roaming from France to Africa and the cost is a little bit high. Unlock it would be great for me.

Many Thanks

dansebagh@yahoo.fr
    Hi everybody who successfully unlock their treo 600 please help,

I am just another poor guy from Hong Kong who brought a Treo 600 in USA two month ago and I am still using it as a PDA. Can any one of you send me the patch.zip so that I can use the cell phone feature?

Many Thanks
    Last edited by williamw; 01/22/2004 at 02:54 AM.
    Not fair! I've been following this thread since its inception and even read it on Sunday morning. Now I'm back and the file has already been removed!?!
    Get your self here NOW bfore it goes again
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46540/s.html
    Thanks Scudder and Vulcan. And of course Mol and frenchfries and ifly!
    thanks all!!!!!!
    Chaps, ive managed to unlock my orange uk to tmobile uk, but has anyone had a problem with the sim services. Im trying to set up SMS for T-mobile (UK). When I click preferences in SMS, and select sim it says that the sim must have been switched on for more then sixty seconds.

anyone else getting these sim related problems?. therest of it is amazings thanks to everyone here!
    Sim probs
    Have you tried a hotsync after unlocking. Remember to set the 'custon hotync' to desktop overwrites handheld before doing so, that should reset your stuff, and try again
    i.e. system 'desktop overwites handheld'
    will try that tommorow thanks fr the advice.
  20. cvt
    Originally posted by rsvirk
    Chaps, ive managed to unlock my orange uk to tmobile uk, but has anyone had a problem with the sim services. Im trying to set up SMS for T-mobile (UK). When I click preferences in SMS, and select sim it says that the sim must have been switched on for more then sixty seconds.

anyone else getting these sim related problems?. therest of it is amazings thanks to everyone here!
    you might need to enter a new service centre number. this you will need to get from t-mob.