Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
    There is another thing.....i hear all of you talking about firmware 2.09. I updated last weekend from alink in MOL's postings, and as far as i know i have 1.09. How can i check the version of my FW and where can i get 2.09 if I haven't got that one?
    Originally posted by peter017
    There is another thing.....i hear all of you talking about firmware 2.09. I updated last weekend from alink in MOL's postings, and as far as i know i have 1.09. How can i check the version of my FW and where can i get 2.09 if I haven't got that one?
    Don't worry, you're not the first one getting confused about the version numbers. In Phone Info in the phone application, it should say Firmware 02.09 and Software Treo600-1.09-INT
    Originally posted by Mol

Don't worry, you're not the first one getting confused about the version numbers. In Phone Info in the phone application, it should say Firmware 02.09 and Software Treo600-1.09-INT
    MOL, After Firmware there is nothing, blanks......so i indeed though it was the software version. Can it be that the problem of my unlocking failures is the lack of current firmware info?
    MOL, GpUc is still undefined when i do the firmware-unlock, right (GoUc is "EEEEEEEE")?
    MOL, GpUc is still undefined when i do the firmware-unlock, right (GoUc is "EEEEEEEE")?
    Have you tried applying the original 2.09 firmware upgrade again? That should put the Treo in the same state that most people had before successfully applying the patch.
  6.    #266  
    Congrats all of you!

You didn't a bloody fine job I'm now loving my unlocked Treo.

Lets hope none of those theives at gsmlocker.com try to sell this.
    How do I do the hard reset, please forgive my ignorace, I will appreciate your help.
    Thank a million you great guys, especially MOL, Frenchfries and ifly2!

I've unlocked my Treo 600, following exactly the steps set out by Mol, except that:
    1) I deleted the empty prc file first
    2) I didn't use a card reader (since I do not have one anyway). Instead, I move the patched files directly from my computer to the SD card inserted into my Treo, using the Install function of Palm Desktop (you can choose to change destination when you are installing things onto your Treo);
    3) the whole process takes about 3 minutes to complete.

So happy to have my Treo free from the damn lock!

Once again, thank you all guys for making it happen.
    Press and hold the wireless on/off button on the top of your Treo while using a pin to press the reset (there is a hole on the back of your Treo 600). Hold for a couple of seconds, then let the buttons go. You will be prompted to choose 'Delete all Data? Yes/No". Choose yes.

Originally posted by treo6.5
    How do I do the hard reset, please forgive my ignorace, I will appreciate your help.
    Newbie, thank god i can help somebody here........

Please screw the bottom of your stylus off, turn around your treo and put the small pin inside the hole where "reset" is imprinted. Watch the screen to see if it happens.
    A Huge Thank you to everyone. My ATT Treo 600 is now a TMobile Treo 600!!!!
    haha and then i forget to mention the on off button and to release.....pfttt...seesm i can't do anything right
    MOL,

Thanks for your help again. I did the following:

- Hard reset, data deleted
    - install firmware 2.09
    - write GoUc EEEEEEEE
    - install firmwareupdate to unlock

result: still the fast update that doesn't unlock
    MOL,

Thanks for your help again. I did the following:

- Hard reset, data deleted
    - install firmware 2.09
    - write GoUc EEEEEEEE
    - install firmwareupdate to unlock

result: still the fast update that doesn't unlock
    This is a shot in the dark, based on something you said in a previous message, about not seeing all the information in your phone's info screen.

Is your phone turned on when you try the update? (Not the T600 itself, which of course has to be turned on when you are trying the update, but the Wireless part).

When the wireless part (the phone) is turned off, the phone info screen doesn't show all the information. Maybe this method of updating the ROM needs the phone turned on, and you have it turned off?

Like I said, a shot in the dark...

Bill S
  15. cvt
    peter017.
    sounds like you have tried everything.. but howabout going to 2.08 and then back to 2.09. the updates are found:

http://66.234.40.114:92/
    Billy,

You are probably right?! Is there any better way to do the unlock update? BTW: On my phone wireless mode is turned off when doing the update.
    thanks for the help.....
    CVT

Thanks for the link. Guess what? Even the update of 2.09 keeps my firmware on 2.08. I've doublechecked the SD-card i'm using for the firmware, I still believe I'm not insane, but maybe it's just time to sleep en start over tomorrow evening.

Thanks all for helping me so far and good night.
    You definitly need to have wireless on. I believe this updates the cell phone's firmware which has to be on in order to update....

Hope this helps!!

Rich
    Can this operation be done directly from t6, I cant find my sd disc's, I think I gave them when I sold my palm 505, no store opened until tommorow