Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    MOL (and the others), thanks!!!!

I've been in Prague for a couple of days and i was very surprised to find MOL's zip today. However, i've run it on one of my to treo's, at the point where MOL says it will take 10 minutes, it took less than 1 minute, the treo restarted but is still locked. Running the updater again gives an (APP 8007) Error after the last "OK".

Any ideas what went wrong and how to solve this?

Regards,

F.Peter
    Peter, see my message above. I had to transfer the files using card reader to the SD card. The hotsynch seems to return that error.
    Otherwise it works perfectly when you try it this way.
    Good luck.

THANKS to everyone who worked on this!
    Hi Scudder,

Thanks for your fast reply, but i used a cardwriter to copy to the SD-card!! So there must be sopmething else that has gone wrong.

Regards,

Peter
    Only thing I changed on second attempt was to delete the empty .rcp file before transfering the files.
    i even did the very hard reset (deleted all my data) and did the procedure again, with the same result. The programa goes very fast in big steps to the 100% when updating the rom, resets within 30 seconds and has not been unlocked.
    Originally posted by Mol
    Here's the link to the patched with all the files that you need.

I've used it to unlock my Orange Treo.

Installing is actually quite simple:

1. Unzip all the files and copy them to the /PALM/LAUNCHER folder on your SD card.

2. Hard reset the Treo.

3. Navigate to the card using the standard application launcher and run FirmwareUpdater.prc.

4. Click OK, click the Update Now button (I may have forgotten one or two OK clicks here so don't hesitate to correct me here).

5. Sit back and relax, it's going to take a good 10 minutes.

6. The phone will automatically hard reset at the end of the process.

That's all, really. Note that I think it does do the entire 2.09 firmware upgrade, so all this should even work when you're on an older firmware version. I recommend you do the regular upgrade first though.
    Just did this on an Orange UK Treo.

I had not updated to 2.08 or 9.

I did not even hard reset (didn't know what that was an hour ago!).

Anyway it worked fine!

Brilliant.

However it does not do a full 2.09 update as all the Orange branding remained.

So I did a 2.09 update, which did relock the phone but did get rid of all the Orange rubbish too!

I tehn did the above again to unlock the phone.

Superb! Thank you!

Cheers
    Marc
    peter, it might be due to the earlier prc's that I posted. I've had the same problem before when trying to rerun the original firmware.

Do this:

run the Tokenwriter.prc

enter 'list' and then return

if the GoUc isn't eight characters followed by a little square, and isn't undefined either then enter

write GoUc EEEEEEEE and return

it will now say something like WriteToken. if it's been succesfull then you can now try the patched zip again.
    MOL, I have done so, but the result is the same. Btw: when i do list now in the TokenWriter, the GoUc has the 8 E's but no square at the end, might that be the problem?
    Just to confirm, I just unlocked my Switzerland Orange Treo using the method above. I did not do a firmware upgrade beforehand.

Nice work!

GDI
    Originally posted by gdi2k
    Just to confirm, I just unlocked my Switzerland Orange Treo using the method above. I did not do a firmware upgrade beforehand.

Nice work!

GDI
    It is worth doing the firmware upgrade if the Swiss Orange Treo is like the UK one.

The firmware upgrade removes those nasty orange tinted icons and replaces them with the proper ones that you would get if you bought a non branded Treo.

It also changes the startup screen back to the Handspring one.

Cheers
    Marc
    I personally do not have an SD card, is it possible to do a hard reset, hot sync the files over, then do the upgrade?

I saw something about it earlier but it wasn't really clear what the problem was.
    peter, did you try doing another hard reset?
    i'd think hotsynching everything without an SD card should work as well.
    I believe the only difference between the original firmware and the patched files (apart from the unlock of course ) is that the original uses the TokenWriter to update the Phone Info, eg the firmware and sofware versions.

Open the engineering pdb and you will see App Inflater, Tokenwriter, Firmware Updater, GSM ROM Updater.
    MOL, yes I even did delete my data. The program still goes quickly through 15, 30, 45, 60...?... 87...?? ?? to the restart.

I will try to do my other treo in half an hour.......will fill that GoUc before I do anything. Will let you know.
    MOL, my second treo has the same result. Both are OUK phones.

BTW: is it possible to reset that error message (APP 8007) without resetting and erasing the treo's data?
    Peter, I know this might not help, but I have used the unzipped files twice now on my OUK Treo (once before upgrading FW2.09 and once after) and I have not had the problem again of the super fast file upgrade. Have you tried unzipping again to a seperate folder, deleting the empty firmware file, and copying to the Palm/launcher folder on your SD card? There should be 40 files to copy over.
    Good luck
    Originally posted by scudder
    Peter, I know this might not help, but I have used the unzipped files twice now on my OUK Treo (once before upgrading FW2.09 and once after) and I have not had the problem again of the super fast file upgrade. Have you tried unzipping again to a seperate folder, deleting the empty firmware file, and copying to the Palm/launcher folder on your SD card? There should be 40 files to copy over.
    Good luck
    Hi Scudder,
    I have unzipped again and indeed deleted that empty file and put everything on the SD-card delivered with the treo in the folder "PALM/Launcher" (can the capital L be a problem?). It are 40 files, totally 10.7 Mb (11.244.117 bytes), but I just deleted a 41th file that has been added during installation, a LAUNCHER dat-file.

It beats me. Thanks for your concern anyway.
    A tremendous thanks to everyone involved in determining how to unlock the Treo 600. A true group effort.

I can now use my pretty paperweight on the Vodafone network in the UK. Now just need to follow the instructions to get rid of the AT&T screens ....

Also, many thanks to those who were on the bleeding edge with gsmlocker. I know it was painful being involved in a scam, but your efforts were appreciated.