Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Sorry frenchfries, but:

Downloaded WinArm and loaded FirmwareStackRel.pdb, first it said "FirmwareStackRel.ifo could not be found, loading defaults"
    Then it loaded the file, it shows the desembled stuff from 000000 and ended at 2535b6. So I could never find the 3a1xxx range.

Did I do wrong?
    Last edited by frenchfries; 01/19/2004 at 11:23 PM.
    I thought I would try flashing the 2.09 update with a (T-Mobile) non-at&t sim installed. It upgraded with no problems but it is still locked to AT&T. The non AT&T sim was installed for the duration of the flash update.

I have an ATT treo600 and Cingular Treo600 - will try almost anything to unlock the AT&T one.

FYI
    2 Treo 600s one Cing one AT&T.
    Last edited by frenchfries; 01/19/2004 at 11:17 PM.
  5. cvt
    CONGRATULATIONS - I am jealous. Far more dignity than others in sharing information.

Originally posted by frenchfries
    Ok. The information I provided in my past posts should allow any asm coder to patch the firmware to disable the lock checks. I've done it, reflashed the firmware and ... I've completed my first call using my Treo ...
    Now. I am on the look out for an ASM coder that can help me with a project to change a paperweight into a phone. Kinda like merlin with lead and gold...

Good stuff. And well done.
  6.    #206  
    yup me too, if anyones able to post/pm anonymous instructions on how to do it non-asm-programmers terms I'll worship the ground you walk on. I'm even quite happy to host the doc's to do it, as I believe there is no law where I live preventing this.
    It would be wonderful if some anonymous person could do that. Turn my Christmas present (AT&T) into a phone from a low res pda....

i would also be much obliged.
    2 Treo 600s one Cing one AT&T.
    ifly2: When you run WinArm select View->View Base address and you'll find what you're looking for. The default settings for WinArm de-select the option.

Otherwise the code starts at 000000 not 200000 and as a result you'll be in the wrong place.

DemonJ
    Thanks a lot demonj and frenchfries.

I am using WinArm 1.6 beta and when I select the view base address, I got what frenchfrie had before.

So I guess figuring out how to make the routine always return 1 would not be a big problem. It probably only requires change a few bytes of the file.

The question is, before we would be able to leverage this, what is the sequence of running the series of PRCs posted in the Crashed.zip file? My guess is you only need to run FirmwareUpdater.prc and RomUpdater.prc, but which one goes first? Would there be other prc required before running these two? i.e. setting up the environment, etc.?

Given that this version of updater would only run from the Treo, there is high risk of messing up!

Anyone wants to REALLY put our heads together? We are REALLY close thanks to Frenchfries' work.
    yea, i was wondering that myself. how would you exactly update all the files back? just copy the contents of both zips provided earlier over?
    Ok, is there somebody willing to confirm:

My guess is you need to copy all the files in crashed.zip back to Treo and run firmwareupdater.prc

Of course before you do this, you need to modify the firmwarestackrel.pdb using a Hex Editor.

This will still keep everything else on your Treo (supposely) still on the older version, but if you want, you can use the Siam Updater to upgrade first then apply the firmwareupdater.prc again.

I also guess you need to change 0x2000 to 0x2001 at offset 3a1130 in firmwarestackrel.pdb, but I haven't spent enough time to read the code and there might be other tricks.

BTW, haven't dealt with any ASM programing since a decade ago, so anyone is more experienced, please help.

The reason for everybody looked into and followed this thread is exactly the same, you learn from other people and then you progress and share your results, right?
    I also guess you need to change 0x2000 to 0x2001 at offset 3a1130 in firmwarestackrel.pdb, but I haven't spent enough time to read the code and there might be other tricks.
    i'm not familiar with coding at all, but is that all you assume has to be done to always return 1? or something? I passed it along to someone who said they'd take a look at it tomorrow, so if thats what you are proposing I could run it by him.
    Originally posted by middle_man

i'm not familiar with coding at all, but is that all you assume has to be done to always return 1? or something? I passed it along to someone who said they'd take a look at it tomorrow, so if thats what you are proposing I could run it by him.
    Yes, at least it was the intention.
    I took the risk!

I have posted what I have done. Many thanks to all your guys' great work, euroclie, mol, ect., and I certainly would not forget frechfries, who brought this really close!

Treocetral Rocks!
    Hi, iFly2

You mean u unlock your phone already......
    Yes, I did.
    Can u teach me????

Please
    Originally posted by ifly2
    I took the risk!

I have posted what I have done. Many thanks to all your guys' great work, euroclie, mol, ect., and I certainly would not forget frechfries, who brought this really close!

Treocetral Rocks!
    fcmt, please look at what I've posted.
    Hi, ifly2

I'm sorry
    Coz I don't know too much coding.
    I'm very green on that.
    Can you tell me more?

I already get the 2 zip files from Mol, HexEdit32, winarm1.6.3

What should I do?
    Please
    Based upon my limited knowledge of the legalities of unlocking mobile phones (outside the terms of the contract), it is my understanding that Dutch law does not consider it to be illegal.

Therefore, is there anyone based in the Netherlands (or who has a server based in the Netherlands) that would be able to host the necessary files and instructions for unlocking the Treo 600?

Would ifly2 and/or frenchfries be willing to upload detailed instructions to such a site?

Thanks in advance.
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast