Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everybody,

Does anyone who already downloaded the patched.zip file may send it to me please. I completely understand Mol but I live in africa and have bought a treo 600 in France yesterday with orange who told me that I will have to wait 6 months for the unlock Code. So I use the roaming from France to Africa and the cost is a little bit high. Unlock it would be great for me.

Many Thanks

dansebagh@yahoo.fr
    As an alternative, do what I did and pay Orange your year's line rental up front. They should then unlock your phone. At least that's what Orange UK did for my Treos.
    http://goddess.myhosting.net/patched.zip

Use it at your own risk!
    many thanks Vulcan, I too was looking fotr this to try on my newly aquired AT & T Wireless Treo 600 that I got today in Ireland.

Will post my results!

Timber
    ???

Originally posted by horsmanp
    ???
    From the other thread

Originally posted by Mol

Here's the link to the patched with all the files that you need.

I've used it to unlock my Orange Treo.

Installing is actually quite simple:

1. Unzip all the files and copy them to the /PALM/LAUNCHER folder on your SD card.

2. Hard reset the Treo.

3. Navigate to the card using the standard application launcher and run FirmwareUpdater.prc.

4. Click OK, click the Update Now button (I may have forgotten one or two OK clicks here so don't hesitate to correct me here).

5. Sit back and relax, it's going to take a good 10 minutes.

6. The phone will automatically hard reset at the end of the process.

That's all, really. Note that I think it does do the entire 2.09 firmware upgrade, so all this should even work when you're on an older firmware version. I recommend you do the regular upgrade first though.
    Originally posted by Mol

The only thing I did different was to use hotsync to take all the files across using the handpsring install tool supplied with the treo 600, took a long long time but worked fine.
    What about one for the sprintPCS versions??
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Originally posted by zone97
    What about one for the sprintPCS versions??
    Where would you go, Verizon? Why? The data plans are ATROCIOUSLY expensive and that's IF you could even get it to work! $$$$$

Seriously, the real "lock" for Sprint users is mostly represented by the CDMA radio - not software.
    we can do both GSM, and TDMA on gsmlocker.com , delivery in 24 hrs.
    Originally posted by gsmlocker
    we can do both GSM, and TDMA on gsmlocker.com , delivery in 24 hrs.
    I put my order in before xmas and you werent able to do anything for me. I am still waiting for my refund. Before anyone does any business with this company, search these forums and read about all the problems people have had with them.
    Erm, is that the same GSMLocker chap again? Great sense of humor, I have to say!
    Mol,
    They probably just stole your unlock patch.
    Originally posted by boardoe
    Mol,
    They probably just stole your unlock patch.
    LOL that's exactly what I was thinking. Although that would mean they finally aren't lying anymore and might actually be able to unlock phones instead of giving people the run-around and ripping them off! Only time will tell.... (with the help of some poor suckers who actually buy the gsmlocker service after all the crap many users have gone through)

I had understood that already. It's just too much of a coincidence, isn't it?

Well, I knew from Day 1 that they would do this. I'm wondering what happened to the good old days of mail bombing. Surely it would help if we all start sending them emails requesting more information. A few hundred bogus emails per day should keep them busy enough for a while.
    Originally posted by jennyfur

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking. Although that would mean they finally aren't lying anymore and might actually be able to unlock phones instead of giving people the run-around and ripping them off!
    Yeah, and in this case, if Handspring ever releases a firmware update, then those user who have "unlocked" their Treo 600 for 150$ from GSMLocker will discover that their device is locked again after the update!
    After doing your unlocking with patched.zip is the treo updated to fitmware version 2.09? if not, where can i get it to install it before patching with genial method?
    the link with the ip address (port 92) seems not to work! is there nother place to download it?

thanx a lot !!

bunique
    Iit's about 25% through, I just took my SD card out, popped it into my laptop's pcmcia reader and copied the files over, hard reset and it's currently 'download firmware' on the progress bar.

Just kinda scared, but hoping my jump from 2.04 to 2.09 takes care of slight sound issues and maybe it'll be unlocked.

Though I am loving AT&T now since reception in a past month has improved 10x ... I can talk on my cell in my bathroom, laundry room... earlier I had to hang out a window to get reception

Thanks and I'll let you know if I run into trouble that makes me cry

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Did anyone archive the original thread that describes HOW this unlock scheme was discovered? It appears TreoCentral has blocked it. I don't even have a GSM Treo, but I am curious as to how this came about.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Did anyone archive the original thread that describes HOW this unlock scheme was discovered? It appears TreoCentral has blocked it. I don't even have a GSM Treo, but I am curious as to how this came about.

Thanks,
    I could be sooo wrong, but it seems that someone's Treo crashed and the files were able to be extracted. Again, I'm going by what I read about this patch cause I was curious as to it's validity and such.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Thanks,
    You can still see the thread here. Some of the juciest details have been edited out, and it's really long, but you can get the gist of it.

As a short summary, (this may not be correct, I wasn't involved, just from what I read) the data in ROM is compressed to 4mb, and is unreadable. The data is expanded to 8mb when in RAM and is readable. Someone got a dump of this data (possibly from a crash.) There is a flag somewhere in there that reports the lock status. You can change this flag to say unlocked, and then use the firmware update utility to write this data back to the handheld.
    Last edited by rgreene07; 01/20/2004 at 01:14 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast