Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by vikrampant
    Iit's about 25% through, ...
    -- Vikram
    Curious how it is going to go! Is there any way to go back to the original flash if anything goes wrong? Just out of safety.

//
    I used the patch and upgraded the firmware. How do I know if the phone is really unlocked?
    jrfales@yahoo.com
    Originally posted by gsmlocker
    we can do both GSM, and TDMA on gsmlocker.com , delivery in 24 hrs.
    This is why I want the file info circulated for free. Before these scammers start flogging it off for US$150.
    GSMunlocker claims to do GSM and TDMA, there is no TDMA Treo 600, ok I guess GSM technically uses TDMA, but there isn't a TDMA only T600.
    Through this way I wish to thank everybody (no names ) involved making my OUK treo's unlocked. I'm especially very happy as Handspring UK and Orange UK are extremely arrogant (see one of my former postings in this thread). Besides that I'm finally happy one time living in The Netherlands, as unlocking a phone is declared LEGAL by a judge.

So......if the owner of the patch allows me to put it somewhere on a dutch website, I will be honoured and excited to do so.

For other Orange UK users who can't unlock the phone with the software from the patch: just install the patch through the cradle synch method in the treo and you will be amazed:

Just to be clear: don't trust on the enclosed SD-card!!! (it has been supplied by Orange UK)

1 Hard reset, delete data
    2 Install the latest firmware (2.09/1.09)
    3 Synch the 40 patch files for the unlock (cradle -> treo)
    4 run the firmware updater
    5 enjoy

Just to be clear: don't trust on the enclosed SD-card!!! (it has been supplied by Orange UK)

Whahahaha......I'm dutch, I'm orange
    Originally posted by sciara

Curious how it is going to go! Is there any way to go back to the original flash if anything goes wrong? Just out of safety.

//
    Flawless! Not sure if people who upgrade firmwares can go back.

I cannot check if it is unlocked since I haven't another cell providers SIM card.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Well as promised my results.

The patch unlocked my treo 600 which was sourced from the USA & now works find on Vodafone Ireland. Someone earlier asked how do I know it's unlocked, well I tried my Vodafone Ireland SIM in the phone before the update of course and there was no way it was going to work, said something like "you cannot use this sim in this handset" or something mundane. After the update it worked perfectly so I'm a happy camper now

All the best
    But does SMS work properly?.........try it?
    Regards,
    Kevin Haffenden
    kevin@bongowireless.com
    www.bongowireless.com
    Everything works. I'm on Vodafone NZ, I've used it for all aspects of the phone already (voicemail, sms, mms, grps). What suprised the crap outta me was it configured everything automatically as well, I didn't have to configure anything (like sms mms or gprs).
    OK... I missed it!!! I was following the unlocking thread with great interest, but then I had to go out of the country on business. Now that I'm back, I see that I missed getting the unlocking files. does anyone have a copy they can email to me or are they posted anywhere new?

Any help would realy, really, really be appreciated! I can't believe I missed out after waiting for this for so long!

Thanks!!!
    Originally posted by gsmlocker
    we will steal your money and make you feel like a gullible fool for falling agian for our scams. please bend over while Kumar pleasures himself with your derriere.

Wow. At least these guys are honest.
    Thanks.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Sorry guys, I've exceed my bandwidth (it was only 2Gbs) - which means theres been around 400 downloads. So the goddess.myhosting.net is temporarily down.
    BongoWireless - yes mine does sms. mms & gprs absolutely no problem.

Vulcan, your settings were all there, how did you manage that, I take it you were using in the network you bought it for & mearly unlocked it and so kept the pre-configured settings?

Had to configure the gprs a little but after that no problems.

I even setup my work & personal email on it & it's been working perfectly since Monday Evening.

P Tunes is cool too, just play a popular mp3 and it impresses everyone and anyone! ha!
    My only problem is deciding what operator logo connect & disconnect to use so I created my own with my name etc and then theres all the skins available for p tunes, man problems, problems!
    Nope, mine was a US AT&T phone, its working on a NZ Vodafone network.

Originally posted by timber
    BongoWireless - yes mine does sms. mms & gprs absolutely no problem.

Vulcan, your settings were all there, how did you manage that, I take it you were using in the network you bought it for & mearly unlocked it and so kept the pre-configured settings?

Had to configure the gprs a little but after that no problems.

I even setup my work & personal email on it & it's been working perfectly since Monday Evening.

P Tunes is cool too, just play a popular mp3 and it impresses everyone and anyone! ha!
    My only problem is deciding what operator logo connect & disconnect to use so I created my own with my name etc and then theres all the skins available for p tunes, man problems, problems!
    Hi

Is it possible to backup the existing FW and ROM with the Simlock? In case of something happens to the Treo and you have to bring it back to the vendor for warranty services. You could restore it before bringing there.

But as I understand loading the FW 2.09 after patching would simlock the device again.
    When I bring my Treo with FW 2.09 and simlocked to the vendor is the warranty void or not?
    I mean, is it allowed to update the FW version without unblocking?
    Is the warranty valid then?

So you could just lock your device (with loading FW 2.09) again before bringing back....is this true?

Thanx
    Originally posted by bunique
    Hi

Is it possible to backup the existing FW and ROM with the Simlock? In case of something happens to the Treo and you have to bring it back to the vendor for warranty services. You could restore it before bringing there.

But as I understand loading the FW 2.09 after patching would simlock the device again.
    When I bring my Treo with FW 2.09 and simlocked to the vendor is the warranty void or not?
    I mean, is it allowed to update the FW version without unblocking?
    Is the warranty valid then?

So you could just lock your device (with loading FW 2.09) again before bringing back....is this true?

Thanx
    Installing the 2.09 firmware voids the warranty. However, it's unlikely the vendor will check the firmware version. And if you're afraid they will check it, then use the TokenWriter.prc to write the original values back and it will look like you haven't installed new firmware. They could still check the actual files on your device but that's even more unlikely to happen.

If you're still concerned about your warranty, then don't touch the firmware upgrades. There's no free ride
    Mol, thanx for your quick and informative answer !!

I followed up the unlocking thread - so, I also want to thank you for your efforts in this case - great job!

Could you tell me which values exactly will have to be set back with TokenWriter.prc?

thanx
    Originally posted by bunique
    Mol, thanx for your quick and informative answer !!

I followed up the unlocking thread - so, I also want to thank you for your efforts in this case - great job!

Could you tell me which values exactly will have to be set back with TokenWriter.prc?

thanx
    The "list" command will show the 8 tokens that you can set. The syntax for the "write" command is:

write <token> <value>
    Originally posted by Mol

The "list" command will show the 8 tokens that you can set. The syntax for the "write" command is:

write <token> <value>
    Mol, I would be curious to understand how you created the patched.zip ... I think the vital info about that has been removed from the original thread before I could read it. Anywhere it could be found?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast