1.    #1  
    Elysian9 asked what else could be improved in this thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...46518/s/h.html

I challenge developers out there (you listening RaNo?) to develope an automatic screen killer that shuts the screen of when one is on a call. It would have to radio aware and shut down the screen at a user defined interval. It would also have to relight the screen for any incoming calls.

I for one an am tired of punching buttons after I answer or initate a call to avoid the potential suntan.

Anyone else think his should be an automatic 'feature'?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Yes, I would like to see this as a user configurable feature. If it could be tied to the Profiles.prc, that would be even better (turn it off quickly for my "night" profile, leave it on indefinetly for my "outdoor" profile, etc.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Cmon people, doesn't anyone want this feature on their treo?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Doesn't PhoneGuard do this? The only thing I don't like about PhoneGuard is that the buttons are also off. I think it would be nice if the center button could hang up the phone while the screen is off. Other than that it works very well.
    Phoneguard....I love it...
    oh..U want an automatic app..I C.
    Guess I read thru the post 2 quickly.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 02/14/2004 at 10:44 AM.
    Err, doesn't the T6 dim the screen by default when on a call?
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 02/14/2004 at 10:44 AM.
    Originally posted by Rob600
    Err, doesn't the T6 dim the screen by default when on a call?
    I believe the request was to turn the screen OFF, not just dim it.

The latest version of PhoneGuard does this as a user settable parameter.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks all for your replies.

You may note that I originally posted this request before Phoneguard was announced.

It does what I asked for. It's a good app. Certainly worth 8.99

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    I use phoneguard and its awesome. I would run into probl\