1.    #1  
    If you're like me, you keep everything that is scheduled for you in your Treo. Our corporate calendar vendor supplies a conduit so that all of my work meetings are also syncronized.

While sitting in a meeting the other day (OK, yes, I was a bit bored ), it occurred to me that it would be nice if the calendar app had a feature to automatically turn my phone to vibrate during the times that I have a meeting scheduled. This could be a checkbox which could be disabled and the default action for new appointments could be set in your calendar preferences. This would probably cover about 90% of the times I forget to turn off my ringer and am embarrassed because of the interruption it caused.

I see no reason why this would not be possible. What do you think?

Regards,
    Mike
    Microsoft smartphones have this feature.. why can't we? *sigh*
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Whats up with this? Is there an application out there that provides this functionality or is it just not possible?

Thanks for the input,
    Terry
    wow, that would be a great feature.
    Use one of the Profiler apps and you simply hold the menu key down for 3 seconds and you get the choice of profiles to switch to...of course you get to define the profiles yourself. I have one for night and one for meetings and not only adjust the ringer but also the screen contrast.
    Yeah, but he is looking for one that automatically changes it... I never realized it before but I too would appreciate such a feature.
    I know this is possible on the Palm because SoundManager can do this. The problem though is that old app only affects the "General" settings in Prefs.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Anyone email the author of SoundManager asking for an update? Please do so if you haven't. The more interest he sees in his product, the more likely he will update it for the Treo.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    That'd be nice. I'd use it. I'd pay...$9.99 (USD) for it.
    this would be excellet but it does seem that we are getting lazy
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR