Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Posted on PDALive.

http://www.pdalive.com/

Geoffrey
    Wonder what the BT and HiRes will do to battery life? 20% less?

So with a March ETA that should mean we will have them by August? :-)

I'm sure I'll still get one. My guess is the 600's will still be worth 450-500 on ebay by then and Sprint should kick back 150 for a new 2 year contract.
    Man, a new version before T-mobile gets the first one out the gate? Guess I'll be waiting even longer for my Treo
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  4.    #4  
    I can only hope that my holding out on the 600 pays off.

Geoffrey
    Wow. Talk about a bombshell.

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Anyone know how reliable this guy is? I'd be all over this thing if it were to rear its head.
    well I have the treo 600. but when the 610 appears, boy will I be tempted as hell.
    my fiance will become my ex-fiance if I buy another new phone in less than 6 months!
    anyway, a welcomed arrival if true. and one we all suspected palmone to overhaul once the merger was finalized.
    it will have paid to wait, not that the 600 is any less fantastic, but we cutting edge treo fans will be drooling at the mouth as we look over the 610's with the 600s in hand. im glad I bought the 600, but im going to have a helluva time rationalizing yet ANOTHER upgrade!!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Some more fuel to the fire:

My T600-toting friend was watching the AFC championship in a bar in San Diego (sending live images to his photoblog) and struck up a conversation with a guy carrying a KYO7135. It turns out that this guy works for the company that supplies LCDs for Treos, the Kyocera, and some HPs. Although he works on Kyocera and HP accounts, he's heard that they are planning to come out with a high-res Treo, with a 320x320 screen.

So as incredible as it sounds, looks like this really is in the works. We're gonna be yesterday's news pretty soon!
    I heard the initial Treo 610s released will also include an optional Brooklyn bridge...

...If it does come out, then good, cause I will definitely be on it like white on rice. If not then who cares, my Treo 600 does more than enough for me right now. I'm not going to get my panites in a bunch over some rumor, nor am I gonna cry that the Treo 600 just came out and a new unit is already in the works... That's just how things work these days; fast.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I'm dumping my wife and getting the 610 !!
    Hmm...about the wife issue. So the alleged 610 is going to be physically identical to the 600?

-Rob
    think ill be able to hold off, maybe.

now if the new treo had a 1megapixel camera with 400mhz processor, bluetooth and audio recording, then id have to upgrade.

but with mainly a better screen as the major upgrade, the 600 serves me just fine.

still, this thing will be one heckuva beautiful phone!!!
    I tried a Treo 600 recently for a few days and just absolutely loved it. It was addictive to use and brilliantly designed. By far the best integrated PDA-communications device in the world today. The only thing that held me back from buying it was the screen resolution because I am coming from a Tungsten C with 320 x 320. Once you are used to screen 'clarity' is it hard to go back to 'fuzzy'. So let's hope the Treo 610 rumour is true. I will buy one in a flash. (P.S. my pda experience goes back to early Psion 3 series, 5mx, HPC, Ipaq, palms pilot to tungstens).
    Since many are already referring to the Treo 600 as the T6 or T600, seems we'd be calling this one the T610. In which case, there's already a Sony-Ericsson T610 with bluetooth and a high res screen. Coincidence or crossed facts?

I'm not trying to discredit the writer at pdalive (or whatever the original source was), but it's just too much of a coincidence for me to give it much credit right now.

I'm anxious to see if anything more concrete comes up though.
    Originally posted by treobk214
    now if the new treo had a 1megapixel camera with 400mhz processor, bluetooth and audio recording, then id have to upgrade.
    As much as I want to say "I will not buy it, I will not buy it" if somehow it had these upgrades with Hi Res, guess what, I would be buying it (even if I had to pay full price!) I admit it, I'm a junkie!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by treosixoo

As much as I want to say "I will not buy it, I will not buy it" if somehow it had these upgrades with Hi Res, guess what, I would be buying it (even if I had to pay full price!) I admit it, I'm a junkie!
    hey, I already have a cingular on t-mo and was planning to buy the t-mo version when ever it was available.

If the rumor is true (and I hope it is), I guess I might hold off on the t-mo device.

One thing though, More memory? Is that even posible? are there other palm devices with more than 32mb of ram?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    AS of now, the Hi-Res screen is not enogh for me to upgrade with. Either is the memory, I have plentt. Only thing would bre BT (for a cordless head set). But would that warrent buying a T610? I seroiuly doubt its the same price, I would guess $75-100 more?

For now, I will be happy with the T600 and wiat for a BT SD-I/O card.

Just my 2-cents, Matt Burkhard
    If you search the Net for Treo 610, you will find a post in PalmOne where a store clerk said that the Treo 600 was discontinued and that by end of January there will come out a new Treo 610. And guess what? With the credibility of the store clerks guys the posters laughed it off!
    Wow, the best selling Smartphone has a 3month life....LOL
    Wouldn't these changes (including different model number) warrant submission to the FCC for approval first?
    Originally posted by Tribalenvy
    Wouldn't these changes (including different model number) warrant submission to the FCC for approval first?
    Yes, if it really include the BT radio - I would think that would require submission.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast