Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    my crystal ball shows

320 x 320 screen
    improved camera
    media player included
    blue tooth(seperate plan)
    voice record possible/no app. included
    speaker/vibrate fix

in other words a device that's close to remarkable.

but not until October 04
    Last edited by JTREOB; 01/19/2004 at 02:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    OK this flirting with BT is messing things up.

Let's come up without a BT but put the hi res and the voice in. I'd be thrilled.
    Hell, the screen would be enough for me.
    I'm fine with mine as is. Bluetooth doesn't interest me. Yellow teeth are what I've got and a blue one would just throw off my look.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Hi-res screen and a better camera is all I need. I have no interest in blue-tooth.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    What about PTT?? Any word on that with the new release? I would definately buy one then!~!
    They better damn well get the basics right first - call quality.
    Really love my T600 and am still using it, but still remain unconvinced that it performs as good (in call quality) as my previous Nokias.
    Thats correct. If you activate the Sony T608, Sprint makes you go on a plan with a limited amount of vision (such as 4MB), this would most likely be true for future BT phones that are released (if any).
    Incorrect. As long as you activate the t608 on an existing unlimited vision plan you are not limited. Use it all you want. New vision service = 3mb.

The joke is that the t608 transfer speed is about 40k (best). It is still under speculation as to why, but i think our friends at sprint might have had something to do with it.

A bluetooth enabled hi res treo would make me loose my ux50/t608 combo fast!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Originally posted by treobk214
    ... my fiance will become my ex-fiance if I buy another new phone in less than 6 months!
    Ahhh young grasshopper, you don't know the rule? It's simple, you pass your 600 on to her, and get the new device. I have a wife and 4 daughters, I've used this ploy for PDA's for YEARS!
    Whatever the truth of the rumor, I don't believe it'll be called the 610. Treo numbers are ALWAYS divisible by three: 90, 180, 270, 300, 600. So 660, maybe I'll believe. 610, no way.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    the only interesting upgrade would be wifi, and a 2Mpix camera.

don't care for BT, can live without hi-rez, more RAM no big deal.

voice recorder, video recorder issues are software dependent.

my 2 cents.

Let's give this particular rumor a BOOSTER SHOT:

-- http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...ay=priceDetail

Giggle.

(from a post from the Yahoo PLMO board. Editted belatedly to remove unnecessary data from the URL)
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 01/20/2004 at 08:48 AM.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Let's give this particular rumor a BOOSTER SHOT:

-- http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...ay=priceDetail

Giggle.

(from a post from the Yahoo PLMO board)
    I think if anything, this would make me believe the rumor less.

old picture. no fcc id. 3/1/04 date? no frickin way.
    Originally posted by neoGTR22
    Man, a new version before T-mobile gets the first one out the gate? Guess I'll be waiting even longer for my Treo
    I think this is the reason for Tmobile delaying their release. But whois to be certain - makes sense to me. They have officially announced nothing - it could be this is the first model they carry. Just a guess.
    :Watch the Sky:
    www.godmode.com
    Carriers always delay new models for verification purposes.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    Originally posted by TheZodiac

I think this is the reason for Tmobile delaying their release. But whois to be certain - makes sense to me. They have officially announced nothing - it could be this is the first model they carry. Just a guess.
    Well, someone on the AT&T Wireless forums said the following:

I ran across this thread on Google after hearing about the Treo 610 from a friend. I don't know about AT&T, but I just called T-Mobile (my carrier) and they confirmed that they will be carrying the 610 within the next 60 days.
    I hope it is at a lower price, that is, if the 610 does come out .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    About this whole FCC approval thing, wouldn't it only be necessary if the radio aspect of the phone is changed? I mean, if the 610 uses the same transciever as the 600, hasn't it already got FCC approval?
    About this whole FCC approval thing, wouldn't it only be necessary if the radio aspect of the phone is changed? I mean, if the 610 uses the same transciever as the 600, hasn't it already got FCC approval?
    That would imply that at least the rumours about BT are false.
    Maybe the 600 is already approved for bluetooth, and they just didn't put it in?
    Originally posted by miradu
    I have some doubt in this rumor. Even though in my prediction article I said otherwise, I now believe (hint hint) that we will see only one new treo, and it will be available in fall. However, cellphones have to be certified by the FCC, and then it takes 6 months or so before the carriers allow them on their networks, so we may see it leaked/launched by PalmOne in march/april, but then wouldn't ship until fall. If I were PalmOne though I would try my best to keep it under wraps as long as possible.
    Perhaps. However, based upon track record this kind of rumor mongering is exactly what HS/P1 would do and the denizens of this forum will play their game.

[/B]As for the specs given, I think some of them are too conservative. This Treo would carry them another year, so they would want another great set of features/specs...

As for battery life, palmone has shown that battery life is a #1 feature of a Treo, so I doubt their changes will affect the battery life of the Treo.

As for bluetooth, corporate custumers want bluetooth believe it or not, and Sprint wants to sell them service. Selling to consumers though is confusing, because from what I hear Sprint people don't know what the right plans are for consumers to use bluetooth. (corporate plans are very different from consumer plans). Hence the trouble with the t608. [/B]
    Only masochists will play this stupid game a second time.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast