Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The result of this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1 TreoSelecText functions like a native built-in tool, much like 'Texter.' There is no UI; the file resides in RAM and is deletable using fileZ.

It was created by Radoslaw Nowak, RNS, Founder and Chief Software Architect of Ranosoft, www.ranosoft.net/palm (HiLauncher, HoHo, HBX, etc.). I worked with him via email today, to tweak this as he coded the prc file via simulator and then sent the test prc files to me for hardware testing. Very smooth operation indeed.

Highlight/Select one word to right = shift +Rocker-right
    Highlight/Select one word to left = shift+Rocker-left
    Highlight/Select one line up = shift+Rocker-up
    Highlight/Select one line down = shift+Rocker-down
    Highlight/Select current line = shift+Rocker-center

TST has so far been exquisite on my GSM Treo 600, and consistent and stable. I've tested it in all the native text apps, Snappermail, DateBK5, TAKEphONE, and pop-up text windows in Blazer. All good. Amazing to be able to select text as in Windows.

TreoSelecText will be available Monday on PalmGear and Handango for $14.95.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/18/2004 at 07:56 PM.
    How long have you had this app on tour GSM T600?
    Sweet, that was a fast turn around. So how will the pledge work, we pay what we pledges as a free or tip (if you will), then buy the app from Handango?

no problem here, the price seems very fair. I will try it on Monday. I assume with it being a ROM app, that there will be no trial version?

This seems to be a neat app the more I think about it. I can up my $5 pledge to $10 and will also pay the $14 to get it on Monday. Will you have a Pay-Pal addy to send the tip too?

Thanks for the foot work, Matt Burkhard
  3.    #3  
    Buy it tomorrow at Palmgear or Handango. Don't worry about the pledge. Don't know if it can be trialed, but believe me, it's exactly what I called for and it works beautifully. The file is installed into RAM.

Update: I was confused by Ranosoft's email this afternoon. We do on fact need to follow through on our pledges. See my post below: "How to make Good on your Pledge."
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/19/2004 at 12:59 AM.
    The black hole will be filled! Can't wait for this puppy!!
  5.    #5  
    You will be extremely pleased, there is no doubt about it. Thanks for your support. It took 9 days. What else could we improve next week!
    it is amazing what a group of people united can do together....

great work elysian.

it will benefit a lot of people.

here's to working in solidarity in the future...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  7.    #7  
    Radoslaw from Ranosoft requested the following to those who pledged:

If you pledged $15, then buy one copy
    If you pledged $30, then buy two copies

And so on.

In my case, to use another extreme example, I will buy 6.7 copies. And I will (buy 7 copies).

I was not clear on this earlier and my apologies for any misunderstanding.

This is our chance to keep our word.

I suggest that tomorrow each of us who pledged post in this thread how many copies we purchased per pledge to demonstrate our good follow-through on this rather amazing thing that just happened on TC.

Looking forward to your reactons!
    elysian9,

How soon will TST be available on palmgear.com ?

I just did a search on pgear for TreoSelecText, and it does not seem to be available yet. I did not pledge, but I GOTTA have this tool!!

Thx.

aolumide

P.S.

BTW, this was an UTTERLY impressive Rapid Application Development cycle you pulled off in producing this tool. Talk about forum action! More grease to your elbow, elysian9! Thanks for pulling this off. The inability to select text with the 5-way has been a constant source of irritation to me. Cheers!
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    so how does tst affect the regular 5 way nav function? ie, i have launcher x as my main program,/launcher. when i press the center button now it activates the 5 way. then i can scroll around. this will be left intact? that is tst adds functionality when we want it, but does it change/lose any of the original functions? as long as you don't use the shift in combo with the 5 way, it remains as before i would guess...right?
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/19/2004 at 08:18 AM.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, I just searched as well on both PG and Handango and came up with no TST.

I'll send an email off to Radoslaw in a minute. He did mention that he had a killer day today, so that may explain the delay.

I, too, have a busy day, but I will keep you posted here anyway. Keep checking PG: you may see it before me.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by southbound747
    so how does tst affect the regular 5 way nav function? ie, i have launcher x as my main program,/launcher. when i press the center button now it acticates the 5 way. then i can scroll around. this will be left intact? that is tst adds functionality when we want it, but does it change/lose any of the original functions?
    I have LX, too. TST is sweet; it only works in text fields. In LX a shift+rocker-press does nothing.
  12.    #12  
    I've not noticed any loss of 5-Way function anywhere as result of have TST in RAM. True, it's not even been 24 hours, but it just seems stable as can be. And if this tool was crap, I'd tell you.
    i am sure the tool is great. it just it happened so fast that i did not have time to think about how it would interact with the rest of the treo...know what i mean? now that it is here....and real...i just started to think how it might work. don't forget...you've been able to play with this baby for awhile and see what it can do. the rest of us for now can just imagine . at least till it gets put up later today at PG.

thanks again.....
  14.    #14  
    The cool thing about it is that it is so darn well integrated that it feels native and totally natural to the Treo. My reaction is "well, of course the Treo can do this!" You'll see.
    OK, so, it seems that the app can select text without the stylus, is that it? Then what?

The only usable solution for this is to 1) have the app with the selected text dial the number, go to the URL or launch a new email with the text in the TO: field (of Snappermail first)- all with a press of the center nav button OR 2) ask Shimon of TakePhone fame to support this functionality in his TakePhone OS5 'hack'.

Either way- it's not a killer app until this functionality is complete.

Does it do this already?
    Either way- it's not a killer app until this functionality is complete.
    I think the point is that you will be able to cut/copy/paste without pulling out a stylus. While the ability to launch, dial...etc., would be cool, the word processing benefits are still great.
    I think the point is that you will be able to cut/copy/paste without pulling out a stylus. While the ability to launch, dial...etc., would be cool, the word processing benefits are still great.
    Ditto.

elysian9, can you out a link up when the App is ready to download. thanks
    $15 for cut and paste?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    No, the cut and paste is free. $15 for the ability to select a word or line w/o the stylis. perhaps the price will go down after a while? I am going to do it. It's a fair price IMO.

Fleipe, No, really, I see what your driving at, but to some it will be worth it. Regards, matt
    Wow, elysian9 -- I'm amazed that this project came together. Way to go, man.

The program doesn't seem to be up on PalmGear or Handango, but I'm in for at least one copy.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast