Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    are upgrades free? if not, is there a discount?
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    are upgrades free? if not, is there a discount?
    All RNS updates are free. And the new first-time price for TST is $4.95.
    thanks for the info!
    Can the new (demo) version be installed over the old (purchased) version?
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Can the new (demo) version be installed over the old (purchased) version?
    No, you'll end up with a demo version only. You need the full version since there are no reg codes. You were one of the TST contest winners, so the full version will be emailed to you by RNS. There has been a delay for the contest winners because of an email correspondence SNAFU between me and RaNo

But it has been corrected and I am told you will all receive email instructions tomorrow (or Monday) some time.
    thanks for that bit of news; good thing I didn't do anything yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    No, you'll end up with a demo version only. You need the full version since there are no reg codes. You were one of the TST contest winners, so the full version will be emailed to you by RNS. There has been a delay for the contest winners because of an email correspondence SNAFU between me and RaNo

But it has been corrected and I am told you will all receive email instructions tomorrow (or Monday) some time.

Got it! Thanks elysian and RaNo!

BTW, this is the best product I ever won!
    Can someone give an example of how TST2.0 does the following
    "where it conflicts with the application's support for the Shift+5-Way Rocker key combinations"
    TIA, Matt Burkhard
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Can someone give an example of how TST2.0 does the following
    "where it conflicts with the application's support for the Shift+5-Way Rocker key combinations"
    TIA, Matt Burkhard
    Ahh... I see you found the Better thread to get your question answered.

I think RaNo was referring to the long-standing conflict with Documents to Go. DTG has its own text-select tool that cancels TST. It was a major compaint that RNS has now fixed with 3.0 by including an exclusion list in TST. Now one can tell TST to ignore (exclude) DTG (or any app) so that it will not interfere or cause SW conflicts. Though the DTG text-select tool is not as robust as TST it is still good and now it works without having to disable TST first. Basically, RaNo implemented the exclusion list because of the problems with DTG.
    Ahh... I see you found the Better thread to get your question answered.
    Too many darn threads to follow about some posts on this board IMHO. I wish the moderators would close all the reduntant ones and put a link to the bigest one before they close it. Perhaps I'l email Marcus?

Thanks Elysian9 ! 10-4 there good buddy!

Over and out (and back to Taiwan), Matt
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 06/06/2004 at 10:25 AM.
    Elysian9,
    How do you upgrade to the non trial version? I looked thru this thread and didn't see the answer, not saying it's not there, just didn't see it LOL...

I assume the one on the sites is Trial one, and you get the full one emailed to you when you buy it.
    I didn't get an email with the info on the update from RNS (like someothers got), nor did I get one with a link to the full update.

Thanks for the hep, Matt
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Elysian9,
    How do you upgrade to the non trial version? I looked thru this thread and didn't see the answer, not saying it's not there, just didn't see it LOL...

I assume the one on the sites is Trial one, and you get the full one emailed to you when you buy it.
    I didn't get an email with the info on the update from RNS (like someothers got), nor did I get one with a link to the full update.

Thanks for the hep, Matt
    Matt,

You were one of the donators, which means you bought at least one copy of TST and when it went live presumably you downloaded the "full" version (as it is called). You would have registered it when you bought it using your then current email address. RNS automatically sends updates (in this case TST full version 3.0) to registered users for their products. Perhaps you have changed email addresses since then. If not you should contact RNS and find out why you have not received your free update.

Go here to login using your registered email address ("You must enter the e-mail which you have submitted while buying one of our programs"):

http://www.ranosoft.net/updates/index.html

E9
    E9,
    Thanks, I didn't check that account yet (hotmail)
    , I've been out of country, I'll check into it. I did use your link and it got me into the update page were I can update TST and Cuckoo CLock.
    THX, Matt
    Bump - What happened to TreoNavText. Did it ever get developed?
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    Bump - What happened to TreoNavText. Did it ever get developed?
    RaNo and I had a go at it a while back. RaNo found that he was unable to code it due to problems with Palm OS5 vis-a-vis the opt and shift keys, so the project was dropped. However, there are so many developers out there currently with "home bases" at mytreo.net that you may find the idea welcome with one of them, who may (or may not) find a solution. Probably worth a try if you need/want TNT.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePerfect
    How about the following pure 5-way navigation keys (if the Treo 600's Option key can be used by the programmer):

Navigation Function..........Treo Key Combination

move one word to right....Option+5-way-right
    move one word to left......Option+5-way-left
    Today we have released TreoNaviText - the first version of utility you anticipated. Give it a try!
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    i found a similar s/w yesterday fieldplus... might be worth a look at... freeware

freewarepalm has it.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgroup
    i found a similar s/w yesterday fieldplus... might be worth a look at... freeware

freewarepalm has it.
    FP is just for text selection. TST is just for text selection. TNT is for navigation. Apples and oranges.
    Can someone give me an update on the 3rd party software choices available for selecting text via the 5-way? Does any of them add the ability to launch the phone app directly from a selected phone number (heck, my 4-year old Kyocera 6135 had that capability!)?
    Quote Originally Posted by iragold
    Can someone give me an update on the 3rd party software choices available for selecting text via the 5-way? Does any of them add the ability to launch the phone app directly from a selected phone number (heck, my 4-year old Kyocera 6135 had that capability!)?
    TreoSelecText does what you need: select a phone number (Shift+Left/Right) and dial it (Shift+Center, with the "Hyperlink" option selected in RNS:: TST preferences).
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast