Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1.    #141  

A few people from the Treo Yahoo boards have been following this thread and have been whining about the price of TST. (They probably spend more $ at Starbucks in 3 days then they would on TST.) I'm also hearing a few moans about TNT. Go figure...
  2.    #142  
    RaNo is calling it 2.0, not 1.1. I tested it this afternoon. The changes are exactly as previously indicated. Smooth. TNT is next.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    RaNo is calling it 2.0, not 1.1. I tested it this afternoon. The changes are exactly as previously indicated. Smooth. TNT is next.
    Good news.

But on the issue of money and TNT, etc.

There seems to be a bit of a backlash against anyone who has anything bad to say about TNT. So I've put on my asbestos suit, andhere goes: I have to agree with those who say that, compared to most other Palm software, TST doesn't have a lot of functionality for $10. It's a pretty nice bit of function, and I did buy two copies, but it seems a pretty small bit of coding for the price.

And if TNT comes out at another $10, then I really do feel that $20 for the two functions is way out of line. Most complete applications for the Palm aren't more than $20, and some are quite a bit less.

More power to RaNo if he can get the price, but I really think the functionality of TNT should just be added in to TST. $10 for both seems much closer to reasonable.

My 2 cents worth.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #144  
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Good news.

But on the issue of money and TNT, etc.

There seems to be a bit of a backlash against anyone who has anything bad to say about TNT. So I've put on my asbestos suit, andhere goes: I have to agree with those who say that, compared to most other Palm software, TST doesn't have a lot of functionality for $10. It's a pretty nice bit of function, and I did buy two copies, but it seems a pretty small bit of coding for the price.

And if TNT comes out at another $10, then I really do feel that $20 for the two functions is way out of line. Most complete applications for the Palm aren't more than $20, and some are quite a bit less.

More power to RaNo if he can get the price, but I really think the functionality of TNT should just be added in to TST. $10 for both seems much closer to reasonable.

My 2 cents worth.
    Your 2 cents are absolutely welcome. No backlash.

But your most effective forum is not this thread. More effective is an email to RNS directly and make your point to RaNo. I'd venture to say if enough people complained he would lower the price or cook up some other compromise.
    Originally posted by elysian9

Your 2 cents are absolutely welcome. No backlash.

But your most effective forum is not this thread. More effective is an email to RNS directly and make your point to RaNo. I'd venture to say if enough people complained he would lower the price or cook up some other compromise.
    I am leaving the price unchanged until I release the first version of TreoNavText. Then I will reduce the TreoSelecText's price by half (to $4.95) and the TreoNavText will initially cost $9.95.

BTW. I've just released TreoSelecText 2.0:
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Originally posted by RaNo
    I am leaving the price unchanged until I release the first version of TreoNavText. Then I will reduce the TreoSelecText's price by half (to $4.95) and the TreoNavText will initially cost $9.95.

So that means you're rewarding those who didn't support your early efforts, and those who supported you by paying $10 a copy for TST (in many cases for multiple copies) get to pay an additional $10 for TNT?

Your early supporters get to pay $20 for both tools, but newbies get them for $15?

It might be nice for you to do something for all of us who already bought TST, like give us TNT for $5, or even less.
    Bob Meyer

So that means you're rewarding those who didn't support your early efforts, and those who supported you by paying $10 a copy for TST (in many cases for multiple copies) get to pay an additional $10 for TNT?

Your early supporters get to pay $20 for both tools, but newbies get them for $15?

It might be nice for you to do something for all of us who already bought TST, like give us TNT for $5, or even less.
    In fact we already offer this kind of rewards. It is a 25% discount for ALL our applications to ALL our customers.

The 50% discount for TNT for those who already bought TST is a good idea. I think that's exactly what I'll do. All TST customers will be automatically sent the discount code within 4 business days from the TNT release (it's because unfortunately both: PalmGear and Handango require 3 business days to add a discount code to a new product).
    Great! Thanks very much for listening to what I had to say, and for acting so quickly.
    Bob Meyer
    Great! Thanks very much for listening to what I had to say, and for acting so quickly.
    Yeah,

You see, developing an application is not just writing its code... It is also listening to the users, and answering tens of their e-mails, creating web pages, keeping eye on things like PalmGear, Handango, and others, etc...

I have to care for all my products myself, so what I'm actually paid for are also all those things around the programming itself.

Thanks for the good words!
  10.    #150  
    It's a beautiful thing!
    Originally posted by RaNo

BTW. I've just released TreoSelecText 2.0:

OK....since i bought tst before, how do i get the upgrade? i don't need to pay again do i?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Originally posted by southbound747

OK....since i bought tst before, how do i get the upgrade? i don't need to pay again do i?
    Today you were sent an e-mail (to the address you used while purchasing TST) telling you how to get the updated file.

Please contact me directly (the RNS:: support) if you have further questions in this matter.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Originally posted by southbound747
    Per the e-mail I got:

Now you can visit the RNS:: Free Updates Area, log in using your e-mail address and - if you are allowed to get free updates - you can download the updated version.

Regards,
    ERic
    Awesome! The 2.0 upgrade to TST is excellent -- it feels much smoother now. I will definitely pick up TNT for $5 when it's released. Thanks once again to both RaNo and e9 for this software. Y'all rock!
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    CLICK here to get Version 2.0

Neat new features.

one of which is the ability tp assign a function to the shift+center 5-way buton.

I wonder if there could be an option added for edit tools. For example, if you used TST to highlight a word, sentence or paragraph, you could then hit the Shift+center5way and have a little window that pops up and gives you Copy,Paste,Cut,Undo and cancel. Then you could use the fiveway to select a choice from the little window. After all, you are selecting the text for some reason.
    What do y'all think? Usefull or not?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clip Pro 1.5 does nearly exactly that. I have it configured to respond to a menu press and hold command bar popup (thank you, TreoButler), though you can configure it to popup automatically anytime any text is selected.

Could you move this to the main TST thread? It's an interesting post and would be nice to see it incorporated there
    Why has the link in elysian 9's 1/28/04 post to Treo 600 Specific Utilities/ Tools/ Fixes by TC Members been disabled.

I had that link bookmarked so I could keep up with the progress of many of the great Treo improvements and now when I try to access it from my bookmark or from this thread I get accused of trying to edit someone elses post! or other improper forum conduct!

More censorship?
  17.    #157  
    Originally posted by talaria
    Why has the link in elysian 9's 1/28/04 post to Treo 600 Specific Utilities/ Tools/ Fixes by TC Members been disabled.

I had that link bookmarked so I could keep up with the progress of many of the great Treo improvements and now when I try to access it from my bookmark or from this thread I get accused of trying to edit someone elses post! or other improper forum conduct!

More censorship?

Somewhere along the line, in the process of making it sticky, TC ended up with two identical threads, one of which was closed. Seems like you bookmarked the closed one.

The correct link for that thread is now: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1 and is a sticky.

Cheers!

E9
    elysian, thank you, thank you. I thought your great thread had been removed. I hadn't look at it for awhile but I was looking for something for my Treo and the first thing I thought about was your thread but it was gone. Found what I needed and got the site bookmarked again.
    Announcement

Today a new version of RNS:: TreoSelecText has been released.
    It is now equipped with an application exclusion feature. This lets you select applications in which TreoSelecText is enabled and in which it is disabled.

RNS:: TreoSelecText on PalmGear
    RNS:: TreoSelecText on Handango
    RNS:: products for Palm OS
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    Announcement

Today a new version of RNS:: TreoSelecText has been released.
    It is now equipped with an application exclusion feature. This lets you select applications in which TreoSelecText is enabled and in which it is disabled.

RNS:: TreoSelecText on PalmGear
    RNS:: TreoSelecText on Handango
    RNS:: products for Palm OS
    '

Which resolves the conflict between TST and DTG!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast