Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Originally posted by elysian9

So, no copy for TC contest, right? Just making sure, so my final count is right.
    Correct. Both copies will be used.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I have a copy at the house for me, and the second one I bought is on my PC at work. I can donate that one. Matt
    There are no registration codes though, they are full versions, that is what Handango sent me both times.
  3.    #103  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I have a copy at the house for me, and the second one I bought is on my PC at work. I can donate that one. Matt
    There are no registration codes though, they are full versions, that is what Handango sent me both times.
    Yes, that is how the d/l's work. Full versions, no reg code. See my posts above on this. I'll change your status. A thousand thanks!
  4.    #104  

• * Elysian9: 10 copies purchased, 8 copies donated: (confirmed, thank you!)

* southbound747: 3 copies purchased, 2 copies donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* thegasguru: 7 copies purchased, 6 copies donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* GeekyMom: 2 copies purchased, 1 copy donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* Burkhardi: 2 copies purchased, 1 donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* Treo 1: 1 copy purchased, pledged a second copy (purchase confirmed, thank you! donation not confirmed)

* nicker: total of 3.5 copies pledged (no purchase or donations confirmed)

Total donations to date: 18
    I think it's the high time I should "reveal" myself and say THANK YOU for all your pledges (that turned into real sales), for all the good words, and for everything...

Big thanks to elysian9 - I wouldn't have known about the project if not for him. Also he's the great representative of mine here. He's so great I have nothing more to say, he's already told you everything I would want to say myself

THANKS!
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
  6.    #106  
    Originally posted by RaNo
    ... he's the great representative of mine here.
    But not in the sense that I have any affiliation with RNS financially or otherwise. Just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

Thanks, RaNo, for weighing in here. And we're very much looking forward to v. 1.1!
    New topic, same subject: I'm thinking STS would work great with ClipPro 1.5:
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&SID=EEE8226C-CF18-ADC1-A1D7F0BB5F9090B6&prodID=46830

Any thoughts on this potential killer combo?

##
  8.    #108  
    Originally posted by KevMeister
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...6&prodID=46830

Any thoughts on this potential killer combo?

##
    It has a Palm OS text field and a blinking cursor, so it will work, without any doubt. But I don't think it is fully compatible with the Treo 600, so TST will work, but the CP command function may not.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/23/2004 at 11:32 PM.
    elysian9,

I bought a copy as well.

rgds,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
  10.    #110  
    Originally posted by aolumide
    elysian9,

I bought a copy as well.

rgds,

aolumide
    Tried it. Doesn't work. Would have been nice. The problem is there's no command stroke equivalent in the Treo, and the TST selection does not activate ClipPro either (which would be annoying anyway, since you don't want a menu popping up every time you select text).

Is there any way to get the command stroke on the Treo? (not to be confused with the menu commands). This would be a great combo! Select text, do a command stroke and have access to a big clipboard!
    I didn't read the entire thread (shame on me, I know). Is there a 270 version (i.e. I don't have a left and right rocker)?
  13.    #113  
    Originally posted by shopharim
    I didn't read the entire thread (shame on me, I know). Is there a 270 version (i.e. I don't have a left and right rocker)?
    Unfortunately TST was designed only for the 600.
  14.    #114  
    Version 1.1 by the end of February.

Changes and Fixes:

1. New Menu>Preferences

2. User preference for rocker-Center function:
    a. current line
    b. current word
    c. select all (as in menu S)

3. User preference for rocker-Left/Right:
    a. one word at time
    b. one character at time

4. User preference for rocker-Up/Down/Left/Right:

a. "force whole words"
    b. "from current cursor point"

5. Remove timeout on 'shift mode' after text selection, i.e., TST will immediatly restore the previous 'shift state' following a text selection.

Possible changes for version 1.2:

1. User preference for starting highlight/select mode with or without holding down the shift key:

a. As is, hold shift+rocker
    b. Press shift key, release, and then rocker presses

One of the things that would make TST excel would be the ability to launch the ClipPro DA or its equivalent to break the horrible 64b barrier!
  16.    #116  
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    One of the things that would make TST excel would be the ability to launch the ClipPro DA or its equivalent to break the horrible 64b barrier!
    I know. I thought about that the other day when we were looking into this. The problem though is that TST is not a launcher, and I'd imagine that RNS, if they throught this was a good idea (and I'm doubtful they would) wouldn't get around to this for quite some time. Furthermore, there are current incompatiblities with CP on the Treo 600. (I've tested it.) The real issues are with CP. We would need to get those guys to make CP compatible with the Treo 600, not to make TST force CP to work somehow in spite of the fact that it does not support the Treo 600. It seems a bit like putting the cart before the horse. If CP were in fact fully compatible with CP, then TST would work with it. I say hammer the CP guys with emails!

Unfortunately TST was designed only for the 600.
    I'm feeling a little better. It seems "LapTopHack" may due it sufficiently enough. Not as easily as TST, but it works by simulating a double-click (highlight word), or triple-click (highlight line).

I say hammer the CP guys with emails!
    well...let's do it. can someone post the best email to reach these clippro guys? we need to work as a group to get this done.

ps...can you post danny tu's email again too to get docs to go upgraded? i haven't heard anything from him and we should all email him again. let's get some new people to email both danny tu and the clippro people. doesn't matter if you don't need both...there is force in #s.....let's help each other.
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/26/2004 at 07:13 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Version 1.1 by the end of February.

Changes and Fixes:

1. New Menu>Preferences

2. User preference for rocker-Center function:
    a. current line
    b. current word
    c. select all (as in menu S)

3. User preference for rocker-Left/Right:
    a. one word at time
    b. one character at time

4. User preference for rocker-Up/Down/Left/Right:

a. "force whole words"
    b. "from current cursor point"

5. Remove timeout on 'shift mode' after text selection, i.e., TST will immediatly restore the previous 'shift state' following a text selection.

Possible changes for version 1.2:

1. User preference for starting highlight/select mode with or without holding down the shift key:

a. As is, hold shift+rocker
    b. Press shift key, release, and then rocker presses

since we bought full versions and nothing is registered...how do we go about getting upgrades to tst? we don't need to pay anything again for upgrades right?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  20.    #120  
    Originally posted by southbound747

since we bought full versions and nothing is registered...how do we go about getting upgrades to tst? we don't need to pay anything again for upgrades right?
    I may be answering out of line here (RNS will have to weigh in on this), but other RNS software such as HiLauncher, only requires a one-time license. (I bought 1.0 and got 1.1 without more $.) I cannot imagine additional $ for upgrades of TST. So... short answer: No, 99.9% certain. ( I will ask RNS just to settle it firmly, so that we can all have peace of mind.)