Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Originally posted by FuturePerfect
    elysian9:

Hope I posted to SUGGESTION BOX properly--I've never used the Board in this way before. If I posted improperly, please let me know what I did wrong.
    Well done!
    Can you click on the link and read the original (long) post in the discussion?

I think I provided enough detail there.

I'm basically proposing using another modifier key besides just Shift. In my example I proposed to navigate (no text selection) by holding down Option plus the 5-way. I proposed text selection by holding down Option plus Shift plus the 5-way. Of course TreoSelecText uses just the Shift plus the 5-way to select text. And you could use Option by itself with the 5-way to navigate.

As I mentioned, I don't know if these keys are available (not being a programmer) but they seemed logically located.

Also, hopefully I was clear that using TreoSelecText to navigate risks pressing a letter key and erasing your selected text. Although you can navigate this way with an extra 5-way depression (clears the yellow highlighting and puts the cursor at the beginning or end of the selection), and Undo a letter key press that erases your selected text, I think separate keys for navigation and selection are better, like are done in Windows.

Thanks for your quick responses. I have to go now and will add any more info tomorrow.
  3.    #83  
    Originally posted by FuturePerfect
    Can you click on the link and read the original (long) post in the discussion?

I think I provided enough detail there.

I'm basically proposing using another modifier key besides just Shift. In my example I proposed to navigate (no text selection) by holding down Option plus the 5-way. I proposed text selection by holding down Option plus Shift plus the 5-way. Of course TreoSelecText uses just the Shift plus the 5-way to select text. And you could use Option by itself with the 5-way to navigate.

As I mentioned, I don't know if these keys are available (not being a programmer) but they seemed logically located.

Also, hopefully I was clear that using TreoSelecText to navigate risks pressing a letter key and erasing your selected text. Although you can navigate this way with an extra 5-way depression (clears the yellow highlighting and puts the cursor at the beginning or end of the selection), and Undo a letter key press that erases your selected text, I think separate keys for navigation and selection are better, like are done in Windows.

Thanks for your quick responses. I have to go now and will add any more info tomorrow.
    Thanks for the clarification. I've replied to your thread in the past, but thanks for the link anyway.

1. TST is not intended for any form of navigation. It is a single-minded text select/highlight tool. Why use it to navigate? Am I missing something in your question?

2. What you are suggesting is a hybrid tool; one that combines text selection with navigation. I tried your suggestions on my Treo keyboard and found the option+shift+rocker press (as in Windows) to be so awkward as to be nearly impossible to execute. The spaces between the keys are just too close. In fact, I dropped my Treo for only the second time in months attempting this. It is hard for me to imagine anyone doing this comfortably. Also, the added benefit of this triple-key press navigation escapes me.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/21/2004 at 07:52 PM.
  4.    #84  
    I see there is some confusion about how to deal with your pledges (for those who pledged).

Hereís the deal:

Because RNS structured the d/l buy version without a reg code, you only get one copy regardless of how many units you buy. I bought eight units of TST from Handango and got one copy. According to the rules of licensing, Iím aloud to use that copy on 8 devices, but not allowed to post it for unlimited d/l. So, it is best not to wait for the TC context, if that is what some of you are thinking, because a contest could take many weeks to organize, and we just donít know whatís up with that yet. Just buy in your pledge now and post the fact of it. If you pledged $30, for example, you would buy 3 copies. So, If you have bought only one and were waiting to buy another or more, then do buy those others now to fulfill your pledge, and post that you did so, so I can count the pledges/# of copies. The point is that you will own X number of licenses and you may do whatever you want with those X number of licenses/copies, provided it is legal. Of course, there is nothing stopping anyone from violating this wildly, so we are on an honor system with this, because RNS made TST a low-security d/l.

With specific regard to the TC contest: in reality, no one needs to send anything to anyone, because I will send them only THE ONE copy necessary, and depending on the number of pledged units, I will instruct TC to give away X number of TST prc files and only X number of TST prc files. This is why I need everyone to post their pledged # of TST copies, so I can make a final count. You also have to indicate if you want your extra copies donated to the contest or not. I hope this is clear, but if not, post your questions.

To post that you made good on your pledges, please click the reply button to this post, to make it easy for me to track.

When you post, please include 3 pieces of information:

1. Your original pledged amount
    2. The number of copies you actually purchased
    3. How many copies you want to donate to the TC contest

Again, it is time to make good on your pledges. Please.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/22/2004 at 04:08 PM.
    ok i originally bought one copy of tstext from handango and bought two more copies from palmgear this morning. so that was my pledge. you can make those 2 available from TC in the contest.

once again thanks for all your hard work elysian...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I bought my first version when it hit. Then waited for the word from E9...Well..I just bought my second copy, per my word...I'm out!
    Thansks again,Matt
  7.    #87  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    1. Your original pledged amount: $100
    2. The number of copies you actually purchased: 10
    3. How many copies you want to donate to the TC contest: 8

This is an example of how best to post your pledge/# of copies.
    This utility and TakePhone represent the integrated functionality that the Palm PDA and CDMA phone should have included from day one. This combination is a killer app for this device.

Everyone should buy both apps and see how easy it is to do things without the stylus.
  9.    #89  
    Originally posted by experiment626
    This utility and TakePhone represent the integrated functionality that the Palm PDA and CDMA phone should have included from day one. This combination is a killer app for this device.

Everyone should buy both apps and see how easy it is to do things without the stylus.
    Totally agree. I've got both TP extensions installed and can dial from any app, no stylus, never touching the screen.
    Okay, I pledged $15, bought one copy when it was first available. I bought a copy for my son on Tuesday, even though he doesn't have a Treo yet. Soon, I think.

Bob
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #91  
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Okay, I pledged $15, bought one copy when it was first available. I bought a copy for my son on Tuesday, even though he doesn't have a Treo yet. Soon, I think.

Bob
    So, no copy for TC contest, right? Just making sure, so my final count is right.
  12.    #92  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I bought my first version when it hit. Then waited for the word from E9...Well..I just bought my second copy, per my word...I'm out!
    Thansks again,Matt
    Is one of the copies for the TC Contest?
  13.    #93  
    The importance of keeping our pledge promises has not faded.

Here is the current list of pledge and donation confirmations (or lack thereof). If I left someone out, listed you incorrectly, or got your status wrong, I apologize in advance; it's a bit hard to track these, but do please let me know (you can PM if you prefer). If you have not confirmed, please purchase your pledged amount by buying an equivalent number of copies. Also, please post and indicate how many copies you would like to donate to the TC contest.

• * Elysian9: 10 copies purchased, 8 copies donated: (confirmed, thank you!)

* southbound747: 3 copies purchased, 2 copies donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* Burkhardi: 2 copies purchased (purchase confirmed, thank you! donation not confirmed)

* Treo 1: purchased one copy, pledged a second copy (donation not confirmed)

* thegasguru: total of 7 copies pledged (no purchase or donations confirmed)

* nicker: total of 3.5 copies pledged (no purchase or donations confirmed)

* GeekyMom: total of 2 copies pledged (no purchase or donations comfirmed)

Last edited by elysian9; 01/22/2004 at 11:09 PM.

• * thegasguru: total of 7 copies pledged (no purchase or donations confirmed)

OK, I'm checking in.

I just bought 7 copies. I'm happy to donate 6 copies to the contest. Let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

Rock on, Shareware Warriors!!
    By the way...WOW!

This app is REALLY great! It's the perfect combination of usefulness and simplicity. Very cool.
  16.    #96  
    Originally posted by thegasguru

OK, I'm checking in.

I just bought 7 copies. I'm happy to donate 6 copies to the contest. Let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

Rock on, Shareware Warriors!!

* thegasguru: 7 copies purchased, 6 copies donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* Burkhardi: 2 copies purchased (purchase confirmed, thank you! donation not confirmed)

* Treo 1: 1 copy purchased, pledged a second copy (purchase confirmed, thank you! donation not confirmed)

Ahh, wasn't really sure about how this donation thing worked. Originally thought I would be sending money to Paypal or something like that. Will take care of it now.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Elysian,

Purchased two copies with Palm Gear. One for myself and one to be donated.

Thanks again for all the hard work and numerous communications, (finally used Palmgear since I already had an account with them.) Let me know if you need anything further.

M.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  19.    #99  
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    Elysian,

Purchased two copies with Palm Gear. One for myself and one to be donated.

Thanks again for all the hard work and numerous communications, (finally used Palmgear since I already had an account with them.) Let me know if you need anything further.

M.
    Fantastic! We're almost there! Many thanks!
  20.    #100  

* thegasguru: 7 copies purchased, 6 copies donated (confirmed, thank you!)

* GeekyMom: 2 copies purchased, 1 dontated (confirmed, thank you!)

* Treo 1: 1 copy purchased, pledged a second copy (purchase confirmed, thank you! donation not confirmed)

Total donations to date: 17