Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    The price is cheaper, I'll buy two when you dicide if TC can use it for a gift. let us know.
    You're on. I'm in discussions now with TC about a special TreoSelecText contest. Will you contribute 1 copy? It would make 3 total.
    Mine is on a CDMA T600 and works a little different then you said it may
    SHOULD
    Highlight/Select one word to right = shift +Rocker-right
    Highlight/Select one word to left = shift+Rocker-left
    Highlight/Select one line up = shift+Rocker-up
    Highlight/Select one line down = shift+Rocker-down
    Highlight/Select current line = shift+Rocker-center

ON MINE
    Highlight/Select the rest of the word to right of cursor = shift +Rocker-right
    Highlight/Select the rest of the word to left of cusor= shift+Rocker-left
    Highlight/Select current line from the left of the cursor = shift+Rocker-up
    Highlight/Select current line from the right of the cursor = shift+Rocker-down
    Highlight/Select complete current line = shift+Rocker-center

So if you want the complete word, you need to be on one side or the other of it. If you in the middle, you will just get some of it. I think that is better IMO.

If the word is discombobulate, I can move the cursor between the "c" and the "o" and Shift+Rocker-left and get the word "Disc"
    Yes, I'll buy an additional one (total of 2) and give the other to the contest. If no contest, I'll still buy it, and that will be that....
    matt
    so i am the pot here for 3 copies i think. so if i want to donate 2....to the contest....how does that work? we would upload the softaware somehow to the site and give them the registraion codes? don't you have to buy a piece of software from a particular email address that gets associated with it later when you need to register it? i am a little confused about how the logistics of doing this would work. seems like the multiple copies should be bought after this is made clear...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    answered my own question. full version measn you don't need a registration code. also handango has the ability to send it as a gift....so once you have an agreement with trecentral about the contest and have a a place to send it too....i will order some copies and send them
    Last edited by southbound747; 01/19/2004 at 07:07 PM.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I just picked up a copy -- absolutely rocking! Thanks elysian9 (and Ranosoft). I'm leaning on my two Treo-600-having friends to get them to buy copies as well.
    I pledged 15.00 I will buy one, and donate one, when contest is ironed out.
    Jim
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Lovin' it. Works as advertised. Anyone know of a DA or other app that can easily be launched to cut/copy more than 64bytes of text? That's all that's missing.
    In a phrase: "This little app is sweet! "
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Pledged $15. Tried to buy 1.5 copies, but couldn't <g>. Actually bought one, and my son is buying one for his 600 (which he should be getting soon).

And a big THANKS to both the instigator of this process and the developer of the thread.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Mine is on a CDMA T600 and works a little different then you said it may
    SHOULD
    Highlight/Select one word to right = shift +Rocker-right
    Highlight/Select one word to left = shift+Rocker-left
    Highlight/Select one line up = shift+Rocker-up
    Highlight/Select one line down = shift+Rocker-down
    Highlight/Select current line = shift+Rocker-center

ON MINE
    Highlight/Select the rest of the word to right of cursor = shift +Rocker-right
    Highlight/Select the rest of the word to left of cusor= shift+Rocker-left
    Highlight/Select current line from the left of the cursor = shift+Rocker-up
    Highlight/Select current line from the right of the cursor = shift+Rocker-down
    Highlight/Select complete current line = shift+Rocker-center

So if you want the complete word, you need to be on one side or the other of it. If you in the middle, you will just get some of it. I think that is better IMO.

If the word is discombobulate, I can move the cursor between the "c" and the "o" and Shift+Rocker-left and get the word "Disc"
    My instructions to RNS were to imitate the MS Windows select/highlight action: shift + arrow left/right/up down. My thought was that most poeple already understand this key combination. Windows does not do what you want. So, that is how TST works, like Windows.

In no way did I attempt to mislead. In v. 1.1 (February), there will be a pref panel where you can configure the rocker-center press do to what you want. It will be user-configured (not v. 1.0) to:

1. select all text
    2. select current word
    3. select current line
    4. select current character

RNS has agreed to these four, but add more if you can think of any. Post any suggestion you like. If it makes good sense, and is not idosyncratic, there's a very good chance it will fly. I made the decision to have the center press select the current line (in this intial release) because it is my opinion that it is this that most people would want. The alternatives made less sense for an initial commercial release.

Your suggestion is an interesting one, though I am not sure everyone wants TST to work like that. I, for one, do not. Perhaps, a future version can give us the choice. That would be great. I will pass on the idea to RNS.

This process was unique. I asked for a working beta and I would deliver an award. They gave us more than a working beta. I asked for 4 functions, and they gave me 5 (R, L, U, D and center press). We got to this point because of positive action. Let's continue that.

Thanks for the pledge(s)!
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/19/2004 at 11:40 PM.
  12.    #52  
    Everyone should know that any app that has a text field which does NOT support the Treo 600's 5Way navigator specifically inside the text field will obviously also NOT support TST. The problem is not with TST, but with the other text app.

Pour you hearts out to Datviz RE DTG, because DTG is our only hope, since Blue Nomad is abandoning further development on WordSmith. Email Danny Tu: DTu@dataviz.com. Danny is the point man on this. We've been corresponding since November. Prospect on a Treo 600 update is not exacly hot. He needs to hear from more of us.

(Please don't turn this thread into a DTG/WS forum. There are lots of other threads on this. Thanks!)
  13.    #53  
    Originally posted by treo1
    I pledged 15.00 I will buy one, and donate one, when contest is ironed out.
    Jim
    And we are doing just that. Ironing out the details. It will take some time, but I think it will be fun. Thanks for the pledge!
  14.    #54  
    Originally posted by southbound747
    answered my own question. full version measn you don't need a registration code. also handango has the ability to send it as a gift....so once you have an agreement with trecentral about the contest and have a a place to send it too....i will order some copies and send them
    Fantastic!

I noticed the gift thing, too. Does Palmgear have that, too?
    This looks to be pretty cool. Definitely better than yanking out the stylus. Great job getting it out so fast.

I will say this though. I think a demo with a timed expiration on it would have been better. Shift+left is it in the demo? Reminds me of mLights and its limited demo. No timed mode in the demo (the reason you want mLights) so you can see how it works. ((note on mLights: the have limited function and an expiration on the demo. That is complete crap IMO)) This is the same way. Rarely would I ever select text from right to left. I am in the habit of reading left to right so I'd typically use this tool that way. Maybe the Asian market will jump on this demo.

And yes I know it's only 10 bucks but it adds up over time. I have spent at least half the retail price of the phone on software for it.

Limited function in the trial is the same reason I didn't buy RaNo's HBX. I couldn't configure it to my liking to see if it would actually benefit me from day to day. When I buy software I want it to help me use my treo not tease me with promises.

Treo Butler is a great example. Annoying nag screens but it does it all right out of the gate. (I prefer the timed demo to the nag screen, but you see the point) If it helps me and does what I need I'll grow to depend on it and the justification for the expense will be there. Paying for a full TEST is just too much to ask. That's why you don't see Versamail on my treo. Hell even Iambic offers a full trial on Agendus and they don't give a rip what kinda pissed off customers they get.

It looks like it will have value but unfortunately I wont be able to determine that until I pony up the coin. Is there a money back guarantee if I don't like it or have a use for it?

Just my 2 cents people, spare me the flames.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Hi all,

Just posted a new build of TAKEphONE at www.shsh.com/beta

This one handles "capturing" email address & URLs, too.

So now, if you:
    1. Install "Text Select Tool" and enable it.
    2. Install TAKEphONE, assign it to the PHONE button.
    3. Install "TAKEphONE OS-5 Extrension", and enable it.

You can:
    Use "Text Select Tool" to highlight a phone number or an email address or a URL , then press the PHONE button to launch TAKEphONE, which will then allow you to dial/email/surf...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    BTW - any chance on adopting this to other 5-way devices (Tungsten-?) ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Originally posted by Woof
    This looks to be pretty cool. Definitely better than yanking out the stylus. Great job getting it out so fast.

I will say this though. I think a demo with a timed expiration on it would have been better. Shift+left is it in the demo? Reminds me of mLights and its limited demo. No timed mode in the demo (the reason you want mLights) so you can see how it works. ((note on mLights: the have limited function and an expiration on the demo. That is complete crap IMO)) This is the same way. Rarely would I ever select text from right to left. I am in the habit of reading left to right so I'd typically use this tool that way. Maybe the Asian market will jump on this demo.

And yes I know it's only 10 bucks but it adds up over time. I have spent at least half the retail price of the phone on software for it.

Limited function in the trial is the same reason I didn't buy RaNo's HBX. I couldn't configure it to my liking to see if it would actually benefit me from day to day. When I buy software I want it to help me use my treo not tease me with promises.

Treo Butler is a great example. Annoying nag screens but it does it all right out of the gate. (I prefer the timed demo to the nag screen, but you see the point) If it helps me and does what I need I'll grow to depend on it and the justification for the expense will be there. Paying for a full TEST is just too much to ask. That's why you don't see Versamail on my treo. Hell even Iambic offers a full trial on Agendus and they don't give a rip what kinda pissed off customers they get.

It looks like it will have value but unfortunately I wont be able to determine that until I pony up the coin. Is there a money back guarantee if I don't like it or have a use for it?

Just my 2 cents people, spare me the flames.

Woof
    I agree totally.

To me, a full evaluation is necessary for all PalmOS software to see if it functions with the other apps one may have (we don't all have the same apps installed).
    www.gsmworld.com
    Good news: this tool is, IMO, indispensable for not using the stylus.

Bad news (not the end of the world, but annoying): it leaves the shift key activated. So if you want to delete a block of text, you select it using the utility, but when you hit backspace, you have to hit it twice - once to deactivate shift, then again to actually backspace. They should fix this.

It works fine otherwise.
    Last edited by cosmicpatriot; 01/20/2004 at 07:26 AM.
    I'm trying the demo.

You have to use two hands to select text? You need to press shift and the direction key at the same time.

Is this how it is in the not demoed version?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast