Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    I kinda prefer the volume scrolling fucntions on TreoButler actually...could be just me though
    The TB volume button feature gives you much more than just scrolling. It has app switching, etc., but the TB VBVBVB $scroller$ $only$ $duplicates$ $the$ $5$-$Way$. $VolKeys$ $has$ $scroll$ $features$ $beyond$ $the$ $range$ $of$ $the$ $5$-$Way$. $Personally$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $the$ $app$ $switcher$ $in$ $TB$, $and$ $I$ $think$ $the$ $Blazer$ $home$/$end$ $feature$, $the$ $full$ $page$ $scroller$, $and$ $the$ $option$/$rocker$ $scroll$ $feature$ $of$ $VolKeys$ $makes$ $it$ $the$ $frontrunner$ $when$ $it$ $comes$ $to$ $specifically$ $enhancing$ $the$ $volume$ $buttons$. $How$ $Handspring$ $found$ '$wisdom$' $in$ $confining$ $their$ $finction$ $to$ $volume$ $control$ $in$ $only$ $one$ $application$ $is$ $a$ $mystery$ $we$ $are$ $familair$ $with$ $by$ $now$. $TB$ $is$ $great$, $BTW$, $I$ $just$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $all$ $of$ $its$ $many$ $powers$.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9

Personally, I don't use the app switcher in TB, and I think the Blazer home/end feature, the full page scroller, and the option/rocker scroll feature of VolKeys makes it the frontrunner when it comes to specifically enhancing the volume buttons.
    It's nice that there are so many cool utils for the Treo 600 out there. I guess overlapping functionality is inevitable.

When I designed VolKeys, I wanted only to address the problem of the volume up/down buttons being rather useless. It was tempting to throw other stuff in, but I got the feeling from this forum that keeping it simple was the best policy!

Take it easy,
    -Jeff Ishaq
    Originally posted by jishaq

It's nice that there are so many cool utils for the Treo 600 out there. I guess overlapping functionality is inevitable.

When I designed VolKeys, I wanted only to address the problem of the volume up/down buttons being rather useless. It was tempting to throw other stuff in, but I got the feeling from this forum that keeping it simple was the best policy!

Take it easy,
    -Jeff Ishaq
    Simple rules. Great tool, Jeff.
    0.7b expires tonight. Is there an update?

JC
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I built VolKeys 1.0 and put it on Handango.com, but it doesn't appear there as of this writing. It should be up shortly!

Thanks for your support,
    -Jeff
    It's up now. Using it right now.
    Jeff,

Can you add the abiltiy to scroll in the Call Log mode? It's frustrating when I'm trying to go page by page to look at my calls, and I have to hit OPTION+5-WAY UP/DOWN, since hitting the Volume Keys just changes ringer volume in that mode.

Thanks for a great app!

Lee
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I have Volkeys on my Treo 650 and it works great, except for "Scroll Home/End in Blazer". Is there a new version in the works for the Treo 650?
    Last edited by WPWoodJr; 06/12/2005 at 03:44 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123