Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jeff, wuzzup? Still waiting for the Volkeys to properly page up and down within a note instead of jumping to the buttons. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    Jeff, wuzzup? Still waiting for the Volkeys to properly page up and down within a note instead of jumping to the buttons. Thanks.
    This is a level 2 (lower) priority on my ToDo list. I'd like to get VolKeys a little more stable before I implement features like this. But, this is something I'll definitely be fixing very soon. Hang in there!

-Jeff
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Where can I get the most recent version of the app. The only link I saw was the first release.

Thanks.
    -d
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dbregman
    Where can I get the most recent version of the app. The only link I saw was the first release.

Thanks.
    -d
    I'm glad you asked! I just did upload Version 0.04b. You should be able to download it by clicking the link in the very first message of this thread. I'm working on making a home for on my own site, but haven't finished yet.

Please keep up your feedback and help me improve this util. It was surprisingly difficult to support scrolling in Memo. If nobody reports any big problems with it, I will open the floodgates on the app and it should support full-page scrolling in any application with a visible scrollbar.

I liked the idea of having the volKeys do Home / End as well. I intend for you to choose what effect VolKeys have in which apps shortly. If you want Home/End in Blazer, so be it. If you're prefer pageUp / pageDown, you can do that too.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Originally posted by jishaq
    I liked the idea of having the volKeys do Home / End as well. I intend for you to choose what effect VolKeys have in which apps shortly. If you want Home/End in Blazer, so be it. If you're prefer pageUp / pageDown, you can do that too....

...I will open the floodgates on the app and it should support full-page scrolling in any application with a visible scrollbar.

-Jeff Ishaq
    Open the floodgates, man! Page scroll in MEMO works fine. Get me Blazer! Nice work.

I'm glad you asked! I just did upload Version 0.04b. You should be able to download it by clicking the link in the very first message of this thread. I'm working on making a home for on my own site, but haven't finished yet.

Please keep up your feedback and help me improve this util. It was surprisingly difficult to support scrolling in Memo. If nobody reports any big problems with it, I will open the floodgates on the app and it should support full-page scrolling in any application with a visible scrollbar.

I liked the idea of having the volKeys do Home / End as well. I intend for you to choose what effect VolKeys have in which apps shortly. If you want Home/End in Blazer, so be it. If you're prefer pageUp / pageDown, you can do that too.

-Jeff Ishaq

This version is also not surviving soft resets. I always have to re-enable it afterwards.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/25/2004 at 01:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9

This version is also not surviving soft resets. I always have to re-enable it afterwards.
    Yeah, that's pretty annoying isn't it?

Check the release notes in the very first post. I always update those whenever I post a new build. Therein, you'll see this is a priority-one bug on my list. I plan to take care of it in the next build, it's starting to drive me crazy too.

-Jeff

Yeah, that's pretty annoying isn't it?

Check the release notes in the very first post. I always update those whenever I post a new build. Therein, you'll see this is a priority-one bug on my list. I plan to take care of it in the next build, it's starting to drive me crazy too.

-Jeff
    Sorry, I didn' notice that in those release notes.
    * Scrolls by page in Address Book
    * In TAKEphONE it scrolls by page in History view and Speed Dial view

* Does not work at all in ToDo, probably because I have less than 1 page of ToDos (it's trying to scroll by page?)

This may help you with the soft reset issue:

Go to the VK UI. Select ENABLE. Then rocker-center press on ENABLE one time, then a second time, then a third. You will see a new error log popup with each press.
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/25/2004 at 01:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hey folks. Just did a new build of VolKeys to fix a bug I found, 0.06b. You can download it by clicking on the PRC in the very first message of this thread.

0.06b scrolls pretty nicely in most apps now. If I don't hear of many more bugs, I will do a release build 1.0 on Handango soon, so that more people can use it and give me ideas to make it better!

Thanks,
    -Jeff Ishaq
    We've got a winner! Calendar, ToDo, Memo, and Phone all work in conjunction with the Nav doing its own line by line thing. VolKeys is officially a gotta-have!
    jishaq:

ToDo:

No version of VolKeys has worked at all (for me) in the native ToDo app. Not this one either. Seems rather important for a forthcoming official release (1.0) that it work at least in all the built-ins.

In does, however, work in DB5's ToDo enhancement app. That's all I use, so I'm good with .06b so far.

Just thought you should now.

Blazer:

Only scrolls the same way as 5way. I was hoping to see a home/end or full page scroll.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9
    No version of VolKeys has worked at all (for me) in the native ToDo app. Not this one either. Seems rather important for a forthcoming official release (1.0) that it work at least in all the built-ins.
    Hmm, 0.06b works fine in my native ToDo application. With enough ToDo items, the scrollbar appears and VolKeys 0.06b performs page scrolls just fine. If a ToDo item's note is more than a page, VolKeys 0.06b scrolls it fine as well. If it still isn't working for you, please let me know the specifics so I can fix it ASAP.

As for Blazer, I'm working on it. I tried to do a Home/End action to the Blazer scrollbar, but they were being ignored. I'll try a different approach and hopefully it will make it into 1.0.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    -Jeff Ishaq
    -Jeff Ishaq
    ...If it still isn't working for you, please let me know the specifics so I can fix it ASAP.

In does, however, work in DB5's ToDo enhancement app. There's no scroll bar here, but it does work. Still not working int the native ToDo. I don't know what else to report

As for Blazer, I'm working on it. I tried to do a Home/End action to the Blazer scrollbar, but they were being ignored. I'll try a different approach and hopefully it will make it into 1.0.

Keeping my fingers very crossed. I've been trying to get other developers to to do this, but no one seems interested (except you).
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I just uploaded a new PRC and updated the release notes. Please scroll to the very first message in this thread to find it.

If you're updating over an older version, you need to do a disable, then an enable, in the new version. Otherwise, you'll be using stale preferences from the older version, which is bad.

This new version supports Home/End functionality in Blazer 3.0. Also, you can map Option+RockerUp / Option+RockerDown to perform the same action as the Volume Keys. Thanks for the great ideas, Joe!

Please post your feedback, especially bugs or problems. Otherwise, this is going prime time real soon now.

Take it easy,
    -Jeff Ishaq
    The d/l ink is version 0.04b.
    Jeff, the combination of the new option-key function in Volkeys with the utility TreoSelecText has made the Treo what it should have been out of the box. The full potential of the keyboard has become a reality thanks to your work. Great, great job.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Jeff, the combination of the new option-key function in Volkeys with the utility TreoSelecText has made the Treo what it should have been out of the box. The full potential of the keyboard has become a reality thanks to your work. Great, great job.
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to help. Once I set up a web presence and get VolKeys on Handango, I'm on to bigger and better ideas.

-Jeff Ishaq
    I'd like to weigh in on that:

Of all the Volume button tools out there, this one is the best by far. Also, I've been waiting for Blazer home/end since August of 2002, when I got my 270, and was flabbergasted that HS didn't included some way of doing it. IMHO, this feature is heroic.

And I agree that the current VolKeys version in collaboration with TST is sublime.

How 'bout giving us a hint about what're "bigger and better ideas?"
    I kinda prefer the volume scrolling fucntions on TreoButler actually...could be just me though
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast