Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I would like to get rid of certain programs that came with the Treo 600. Specifically the Tutorial, Welcome, Get BC, & City Time. When I try to delete them I get the Delete Error message that the "Application (or database) cannot be deleted, probably in ROM,". Does anyone have a way to get rid of these or do you know of any adverse situations I would run into by deleting these programs?

Thanks
    I think they are permanently in Rom, meaning they are there for good.

You could put them in a different category so you don't have to see them maybe?

You might also try FileZ just to try to delete them to make sure they are in Rom...

Just an idea...
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    Having the same problem but I dont get the error message, downloaded programs but it seems they only work with other palm equipment, want to get rid of them I delet them but they still appear, besides how do you put them in other files
    Originally posted by treo6.5
    Having the same problem but I dont get the error message, downloaded programs but it seems they only work with other palm equipment, want to get rid of them I delet them but they still appear, besides how do you put them in other files
    Try FileZ to delete individual files or Uninstall Manager to delete programs. Both "must have" applications IMO.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I second the vote for uninstall manager. keeps everything nice & tidy when trying lots of software. for the programs in rom though, I use a little program called "invisible"... hides any icons that you don't want to see and also handy for hiding set & forget type apps that you generally don't want ppl to mess with. some are hiding icons with zlauncher as well...
    -- berto