Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    how about sending microwaves to heat up my food?
    I don't really care about many of the *realistic* things people listed above. A higher res screeb would be nice,but I really don't have a problem with the current one. And I'll manage just fine w/o BT. In fact, if the rumored 610 offers no more than those two things, I'll save my money.

What I really want to see are:
    better mic
    louder ringer
    better vibrator
    keyguard that really works
    3.5 mm phone jack
    better integration between phone and palm--a la MS smartphone
    built in funtionality like that provided by TreoAlrtMgr, Treo Helper, mLights, TreoButler, etc.
    retractable antenna

If the "610" offers these improvements along with the rumored improvements, I'll stand in line
    Originally posted by peter017
    how about sending microwaves to heat up my food?
    hmm. . . 1900mhz might do a dandy job of cooking fat. . . it's no 2.4ghz microwave. . . but it has potential.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I'm all up for:

1) hi-res screen
    2) Wi-Fi as long as it can be turned off to save battery
    BT is so overrated and requires other hardware to even be useful while Wi-Fi is implemented in many places already
    3) GPS is possible with the cellular tower information, it'd be nice if someone could write an app to actually use that other than for 911 calls.
    4) I think the camera could use some work seeing it's supposed to be point and shoot and right now requires way too much thinking about lighting and such. Most could be fixed w/ software
    5) Rethink application buttons, I don't see why we need Power or Keyguard, but if someone uses them, please let me know as I have seen no use for it.
    6) More memory is always good, can never get too much
    7) All other things I can think of can be done with software updates like keyboard backlight, some integration issues, etc. which is why I created a ROM update wishlist thread. I think we should be getting on PalmOne about that more than a new phone seeing the update isn't going to cost anybody anything.
    COMPLETELY REVISED SOUND REPRODUCTION SECTION

would be nice to have a swappable microdrive

...fuel power, of course...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12