1.    #1  
    I purchased the headset adapter to enable the use of a standard headphone set with the treo jack.

However, PTunes insists on playing through the external speaker, how can I get the sound to output throught the headphones?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    The headphones aren't cranking a high enough impedance for the phone to know they're plugged in. Try another pair.

Also, search. This topic's been posted about a million times. Give or take.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by jsabo
    The headphones aren't cranking a high enough impedance for the phone to know they're plugged in. Try another pair.

Also, search. This topic's been posted about a million times. Give or take.
    The headphones work fine with the phone for calling, however they do not function with audio. I have tried 3 sets of headphones, all work with the phone (listening only, no mic obviously), however none work with PTunes.
    Hi all from Greece.
    I have noticed that PTunes does not work with headphones .
    Does any other software (realplayer or whatever)work with them?
    without reading this thread???? All your answers are here already!!!!

1. Search for answers first

2. Headphones DO work with Ptunes

3. Duh
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    thanks for your answer christo but either I am GAGA or my headset does not work.
    I repeat/rephrase my problem:
    I cannot listen to mp3s from my headset using Ptunes!
    does that change your previous answer in any way?
    thanx
    Most of the headsets (with mic) won't work with P-tune, you have to use an adapter to use the 3mm stereo headphone. There are some companies working on making an integrated headsets with a switch to change between headset and headphone, but they are not out yet. You can use the single headset come with your Treo, you just have to hold down the answer button to listen to P-tune.
    Double post
    Need, thank you for your help.
    It works!
    Please note that with the original treo headset you have to hold the answer button to hear, while with a nokia headset that I tried, you only push it once before start playing and you dont have to hold down!
    Originally posted by tomato
    Need, thank you for your help.
    It works!
    Please note that with the original treo headset you have to hold the answer button to hear, while with a nokia headset that I tried, you only push it once before start playing and you dont have to hold down!
    You'd rather listen to music through your phone headset? Either your thumb will be sore or eventually ruin the phone button! Like NEED said, you need to buy an adapter and get yourself real stereo earbuds. You are missing out on a beautful feature of your Treo
    Ed
    This is interesting, Tomato, is your Nokia headset a single ear bud one or a stereo headset? Do you have a model number for your nokia headset? If yours is a single headset, I wonder if there are stereo Nokia headset that will do the same thing?

Looks like there is a dual mode adapter just out for this purpose, but the price is a little high. See this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45819/s.html
    i gave up on finding an adapter to play mp3's. i was hoping to find one at bestbuy or something but the only place i could find one was radio shack and the one i already bought didn't work (even after cutting the rubber). i just ordered a case, car charger, headphone thing off ebay so hopefully those earphones will work well.
    Originally posted by Rushdown
    i gave up on finding an adapter to play mp3's. i was hoping to find one at bestbuy or something but the only place i could find one was radio shack and the one i already bought didn't work (even after cutting the rubber). i just ordered a case, car charger, headphone thing off ebay so hopefully those earphones will work well.
    They sell the adapter at the Handspring Web Site. It's only $5.95 no mods required. I just ordered 2 additional ones so I don't have to carry it all over the place - got one in my car, at home, and at the office! Of course, I also have 3 stereo headset for each. Don't give up. The MP3 player in your Treo is a great Bonus!

Don't even consider listening for MP3 music through your phone headset while pressing on the phone button. It's a bizarre and stupid idea
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by dan600
    I purchased the headset adapter to enable the use of a standard headphone set with the treo jack.

However, PTunes insists on playing through the external speaker, how can I get the sound to output throught the headphones?

Thanks in advance!
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca