Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I felt that the one thing I wanted most from the treo (that wasnt there )was voice recording so I can leave myself verbal notes at work.

I read it wasnt capable but acording to there Palmone web site its coming April 2004. (if this has already been discussed im sorry to post)Below is the clip and here is the link

http://software.palm.com/PlatformPro...Id=0&catalog=1

Audacity Digital Voice Recorder - Personal Edition
    The Audacity DVR Personall Edition is a PDA software application that turns your PDA into a great voice recorder. It can also function as an audio alarm clock.

The following features are included:

Easy one-handed operation using navigation button.
    Programmable buttons, including side record button on Tungsten/T, T2 & T3
    Record to either internal memory or to an SD card.
    Support for either compressed or uncompressed audio types.
    Very high compression option (6 kbps or 21 minutes per MB of storage).
    Append, pause, rewind, and fast forward functions.
    Flexible filename templates and file catagories.
    Record your own Audio alarms.
    Contains a conduit to transfer files during HotSync operation.
    The Audacity DVR Personal Edition software requires a Palm Tungsten T, T2, T3 or C PDA running OS 5.x and a PC running Win98, ME, XP or Windows 2000.

Coming in Spring 2004 - compatibility with Treo 600 series units
    kewl can't wait, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    How about recording conversations during calls? Would that be possible?

I'd love to be able to turn on a recorder when someone's giving complicated directions.
    This will be a great add on feature and function.

Although I seldom used my voice recorder on my PPC (only used it with "Bug Me" app) but it would be nice having it available on the Treo.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    that's fabulous, I miss it more than either Bluetooth or High-res screen
    This a good example of why HS is better off merged with P1.

Thanks for the news link!
    This is great news and I really hope it records conversations as well. Aside from the legal implications it would be great to record conversations from Customer service where they promise you something that you never receive This goes for any Customer Service with any company, not just my wireless provider.

Hey, they can record our conversations...I want the same.
    Then I can tell Customer Service that I am recording the call for "quality assurance".
    Originally posted by heberman
    Then I can tell Customer Service that I am recording the call for "quality assurance".
    I did that once. I was in heated argument with Cingular customer service and did just that. They immediately called manager, which told me very bluntly that I am not allowed to record. Without their consent, recording is inadmissiable in the court.
    Originally posted by krokodil

I did that once. I was in heated argument with Cingular customer service and did just that. They immediately called manager, which told me very bluntly that I am not allowed to record. Without their consent, recording is inadmissiable in the court.
    Funny. They can record you but you can't record them.

By the way, you can record (secretly) in certain states; you can't record in other states. But if you just tell them you are recording, that is good enough, whether they like it or not. When you call CSR lines, the recording just informs you that the call is recorded. You don't get asked for your consent.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    hi, what would be kewl if you could record someone giving you directions or giving you and address and/or phone number etc. take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    anyone tried 'easynotes' on the t600??
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I've recently had a trial of it. Seems ok. Not sure whether or not to buy it though.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I tried it a bit today.. the voice recording is a little weak.. (I did the 3.04 firmware upgrade)
    u cant record phone calls with these apps (Audacity) as it records only from the mic !
    So will it record the conversation if you put on the speakerphone?
    Treo 600 GSM
    Nudist - what do you mean by "weak", poor voice quality, user interface, etc?
    IM thinking of buying treo600 but want to be sure it can voice record
    is this a certainty ? any word from treo themselves
    bill
    Quote Originally Posted by bill lemass
    IM thinking of buying treo600 but want to be sure it can voice record
    is this a certainty ? any word from treo themselves
    bill

It's not certain until PalmOne gets off their fannies and officially releases the damned firmware that's been surreptitiously floating around these forums for weeks!! That's probably the reason why Audiost hasn't the released the DVR as well....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Based on another thread, I went to Handango and ordered/paid for/downloaded Audocity digital Voise Recordr for my Treo 600.

It doesn't work. I only get erros messages!!

I e-mailed Support - and they told me that it won't work till firmware 3.04 is available, maybe in a week or two!!!

So don't order it yet!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast