Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well, april has come and gone and the wait continues... with thie treo, deadlines are like the ones that my employer promises. If they say something's coming in two months, I automatically add three months on and am usually right.
    I have used Audacity for over a month. It works well in my GSM Treo 600 and records great!

Frank
    My old Samsung SPH-I300 had voice recording AND phone call recording. How myopic of them to leave this great feature out of a great device!
    Will Audacity PERSONAL work with the new Sprint firmware update? I read in other posts that the Pro version will work....anybody try to get the personal edition to work on the Sprint T600?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I haven't tried Audacity, but at twice the price of easynotes, why not use easynotes? Seems to work great with the new GSM firmware 3.05
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I haven't tried Audacity, but at twice the price of easynotes, why not use easynotes? Seems to work great with the new GSM firmware 3.05
    Good point...but I have the Sprint T600, sooo has anyone tied Easynotes or Audacity personal edition on the Sprint T600 with the upgraded firmware?....thanks!
    I have a Sprint T600 and I've just tried out the latest version of easynotes. It seems to work satisfactorily. It isn't optimized for the T600 but that is to be expected. I haven't tried out audacity yet, but it's siginificantly more expensive than easynotes.

Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    Good point...but I have the Sprint T600, sooo has anyone tied Easynotes or Audacity personal edition on the Sprint T600 with the upgraded firmware?....thanks!
    Audacity Personal works on mine.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Please folks, let us/me know when that app is released. I really nned it to throw away my digital recorder (I throwed my old cell, my old pda and my old cheap camera)....

Heriberto
    Heriberto Garcia
    Monterrey Mexico
    Audacity Personal edition v1.12 works great with new Sprint Update 1.20. I've been running the trial versin for 3 days. No issues so far.

http://www.audiost.com/advrper.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I tried it a bit today.. the voice recording is a little weak.. (I did the 3.04 firmware upgrade)
    Yes, agree... The volume of the recording is very weak even with mic set to 10.... If we were to use volume boost the recording playback would start 'cracking'.... For Easynotes the volume of the recording is also very soft during playback....
    [Mid 1990's] Casio SF-7500 > Casio SF-9500 > Casio Planeo NX-6000 - Motorola 5200 > [1998] Palmpilot Pro - Ericsson GH388 > Palm Pilot Pro (2 MB) - Nokia 3210 > Palmpilot Pro (8 MB) - Ericsson GF788e > [1999] Handspring Visor Deluxe - Ericsson GF788e > [2001] Palm IIIC - Motorola V3688 - Nokia 8210 > [2002] Palm 505 - Motorola Timeport P7689 > [2004] Treo 600> [2005]Treo 600-Dell X50v[2006]Treo 650-Atom Pure
    Check out Ryan Rife's SoundRcc at www.infinityball.com...you can even record both sides of a phone conversation.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Dear shneor the link you suggested is not working, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Try THIS LINK, although I haven't tried recording both sides of a conversation yet, I will say that Ryan has been doing some amazingly cool work for those of us with T600's.

It's still under development, but so far it's the only FREE digital voice recorder for the T600 out there that I know of. Knowing Ryan, it's going to be packed full of cool features!
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    I think, this software would be very useful for me!
    FATDOG from CANTON(P.R.China)
    Nokia 6150->Nokia 7110(MY LOVE!)->Sony P900->Treo600->Treo680->Treo750->Palm Pre
    Sorry, I did not leave a space between the "M" in com and the three dots.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    SoundRec: Love it! Yes, you can record both sides of a conversation. Great for when someone is giving me directions, etc. Also very handy for creating voice memo's.

Now if we could only attach a voice memo to E-mails.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    SoundRec is free and records phone calls without the need of using the speaker. Audicity cannot.

When finished... I mean less crashs and storing at SD will be great tool.
    I haven't been able to get my SD card to record the audio. I have a Treo600 (Sprint) v1.20 and an SD card I use for many items. But when I try to "check the box" to save to the card, nothing happens (it won't check).

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising
    I haven't been able to get my SD card to record the audio. I have a Treo600 (Sprint) v1.20 and an SD card I use for many items. But when I try to "check the box" to save to the card, nothing happens (it won't check).

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks.
    In an earlier post, the developer has said that this feature will be coming in a future release. The checkbox is there only as a placeholder at this time.
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush