Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    I have just recently started to experience this problem. Very frustrating. anyone else notice that when the battery has drained below 25 percent and the dreaded network search problem begins to occur, that your stylus has lost its configuration settings and needs to be recentered?
    I had the same thing and took it to the sprint store for the tech to check out. Tech said nothing was wrong and reinstalled operating system.

Still had the problem and went to different store and another tech said it checked out fine. I got luckey and I must be convincing because I talked with the store manager and she replaced it with a new one and she only had two in stock.

NOw I am unluckey, My Choc Lab yes a retriever decided she would chew on my
    Treo for awhile and then brought it to me with her tail waging. It still works mostly except for the C key which no longer exsists.

Does my Link Lock Insurance cover this or should I go the Stolen route?
    Damned good question. I'd say LL would cover it... that's what insurance is for... to cover things that a warranty wouldn't. Which, in this case, a $400 phone-dog-toy, it would not.

But then again, insurance fraud is always fun!

B
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Mine had the network search problem intermittently for a couple of months. I also had intermittent to frequent problems with a big red X over the battery, and the phone refusing to charge.

Last weekend in Las Vegas I was having big red X problems plus a complete lack of charging. Eventually the phone finally gave up the ghost completely.

It was exchanged quickly at a Sprint store. The new hardware is Version C, and the firmware is 1.1. I'm happy to report that this one is working just fine thus far.
    Thanks all for the Legal Advice. I'm really not a theif (that's what they all say). I will go for it with the Insurance and see if they are any good. I have had Insurance for about 5 years with different company's but never had a claim before.

I guess I have paid my dues. I hope they don't give me my old one back or one of you guys with the battery no network problem. That is more of a pain in the *** than not using the C key. Besides I can't spell anyway and nobody will notice.

Thanks again.
    I used LL once for my T300. Despite two problems, I was very happy. 1) $35.00 deductible... my ***!!! 2) The phone they gave me was a defective refurb, so I immediately took it down to the Sprint store for a brand new replacement.

The original had a cracked hinge... as if I dropped it. So a dog's chew toy couldn't be too far off. Never hurts to ask!

B
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I'm happy I found this thread because my Treo 600 just started doing this aggravating "dance of the network search" about a week-and-a-half ago. I got one of the early units (not sure how to know which one it is).

What's the "HP test?"
    -MagicMtnDan
    SoCal

It's a test set made by Hewlett Packard used to test RF performance of handsets.

QUOTE=MagicMtnDan]I'm happy I found this thread because my Treo 600 just started doing this aggravating "dance of the network search" about a week-and-a-half ago. I got one of the early units (not sure how to know which one it is).

What's the "HP test?"[/QUOTE]
  8. LGA
    I started getting the Network Search problems a few weeks ago. They got progressively worse, so last night I took it to the Sprint store.

After 30 minutes, they said it was the missing rubber piece on the back. The big one to the right of the camera. It fell out several months ago, and since I keep it in a case, I didn't worry about replacing it. How could that possibly be the cause of the problem?

My esn is smack dab in the middle.
    [QUOTE=LGA]After 30 minutes, they said it was the missing rubber piece on the back. The big one to the right of the camera. It fell out several months ago, and since I keep it in a case, I didn't worry about replacing it. How could that possibly be the cause of the problem?[QUOTE]

I don't see how that could be the root of the problem. I know many people that no longer have the rubber stopper from the back, and one of my own units was [i]sans[/]-rubber, with no issues. Sounds like a cop-out - an easy way for the the store to shift responsibility (I am loyal to Sprint PCS and their service, but I am highly critical of their stores, so I expect this from them...)
  10. LGA
    I was ticked at first b/c they said they didn't have any more of the rubber pieces and that it wasn't a warranty item anyway.

But then they were nice enough to let me "borrow" the one from the demo model they had. Oddly enough, I haven't had the problem since, but it was an intermittent issue anyway.
    I just came back from a week of Treo 600 hell in Dallas (on a business trip). I went there with the network search problems and experienced things on that trip that drove me out of my mind.

I started getting phone calls that I could not answer. No matter what I did - push the center button or even push the touchscreen - didn't matter.

And to make things way more frustrating, some of the times on incoming calls (when I can't answer the call), the phone won't stop ringing! I've had to remove it from the case and reset the phone to make it stop!

Meanwhile, the phone would lock up when making calls or receiving calls. Receiving calls is the worst - I'd push the button and the call just "goes away" meaning I have to find out who called me and then I call them back. That's not a phone - it's a damn pager!

When I was in Dallas the signal strength wasn't good at the conference I was at. And my battery strength was low too. Perhaps these problems are related to one or both of those, I don't know.

What I do know is that I have a $500 piece of technology that doesn't do what it's supposed to do and makes my life very frustrating.

I'm headed to a Sprint store today to get it replaced (already reported the problems on the phone a number of times). I hope the next one (refurb or not) WORKS!
    -MagicMtnDan
    SoCal

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Had exact same experience: network search + battery. I showed Sprint store this thread and got refurb phone immediately. BackupMan saved the day, worked like a charm!
    My original Treo, rev B from Best Buy, purchased 10/24/03 had this dreaded Network Search error for the first time ever today at 7:16pm ET. I feel lucky I got a good 7 1/2 months out of this phone. My battery level was at 39% when it happened. Also, I have used multiple chargers (3 different OEM Treo 600 wall chargers, 1 OEM Treo 600 car charger, and an aftermarket battery extender which uses 4 AA batteries) and have not before experienced this problem. My life timer is 14,445 minutes and 267,212kb of data usage. I don't plan on trying to get a replacement yet. This is my first time with an issue with this phone and it reverted back to normal, working properly, 10 minutes after. After having this problem I quickly ran to treocentral.com to search for this thread. Not previously giving it much attention, I read every post and am unsure of why it's happening.

My Treo is on the early side of the "bad batch" of ESN numbers reported earlier. I am running 1.10 (not yet upgrading because of everyone who is having problems).

Interestingly enough, earlier today when finishing up a call, I notice my screen was VERY washed out for a period of three or four seconds before reverting to normal again.

Anyway, we'll see what happens...
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    ........................also, I just called my local Best Buy. The Treo 600s they have are all 09600816XXX which fall within the "bad batch" of 09600716001 to 09600864216.
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Got my T600 in November. Network Search problem started acting up several weeks ago. Thought it was my phone/network until I searched here

Finally brought it into the local Sprint Store today. Diagnosed problem, offerred to have a refurb. mailed to me. I held out for a replacement on the spot, and they found an open box that had been tested. ESN falls outside the range, plastic still on screen. Data screen reveals 510 minutes of calls, 114k of data, and a warranty date of 3-2-04, but since I was supposed to get a refurb, I won't complain (or should I?).
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with my first Rev B hardware! I got a refurbed Rev C version, and all was good except that the buttons didn't light up, and it feels much more chintzier (as if it was not put back together correctly or loosely). I had LL sent me another one (no charge this time), and it was a Rev B hardware again.

This time, it feels much more solid, and I thought it was gonna be all good. Except, once the service was transfered over, I was having thet Network Search problem agaiN!!!!! Actually, this time, it just says "no network" even though the signal bars are very strong. I can't surf the net because it would reset, and I get "connecting" dialog boxes (reconnecting it seems).

What's going on? Is there a recall?
    I have to say, after reading these threads and after upgrading to the Treo 600 from the Treo 300 (after the WORST experience IN MY LIFE with their support/service) - it's obvious... these devices are not durable .. the technology is here as far as stuffing everything possible into a little package but it's just not durable yet.. give them another 2 years and they'll lose their edge in the market ..

Every three months for the past 18 months something major has gone wrong with my device (whether it was the 300 or 600) ... batteries died, random resets and now - I'm lucky if I can answer my phone or make a call 25% of the time when I need to.

I give up on Treo/Handspring!
    Buyers - take my advice - don't pay for a Handspring/Treo device unless your looking for something to play with for a few weeks and looking to burn you money ..
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just wanted to add my name to the list of people who have experienced this problem, which just started yesterday for me.

I had reserved a Treo 600 with the local Sprint store to grab one when they first came out. Rev B, with ESN # in the "zone." Up until this point, it's worked flawlessly.

I'm having the exact same problems with suddenly not being able to call out (dropped calls) and not being able to answer inbound calls. My Treo is plugged into the charger now, and is flashing red/green/red/green. At least when I'm plugged into the charger, I seem to be able to call out and pick up voicemail.

Looks like I'll be heading back to the Sprint store...
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
    I just came back from a week of Treo 600 hell in Dallas (on a business trip). I went there with the network search problems and experienced things on that trip that drove me out of my mind.

I started getting phone calls that I could not answer. No matter what I did - push the center button or even push the touchscreen - didn't matter.

And to make things way more frustrating, some of the times on incoming calls (when I can't answer the call), the phone won't stop ringing! I've had to remove it from the case and reset the phone to make it stop!

Meanwhile, the phone would lock up when making calls or receiving calls. Receiving calls is the worst - I'd push the button and the call just "goes away" meaning I have to find out who called me and then I call them back. That's not a phone - it's a damn pager!

When I was in Dallas the signal strength wasn't good at the conference I was at. And my battery strength was low too. Perhaps these problems are related to one or both of those, I don't know.

What I do know is that I have a $500 piece of technology that doesn't do what it's supposed to do and makes my life very frustrating.

I'm headed to a Sprint store today to get it replaced (already reported the problems on the phone a number of times). I hope the next one (refurb or not) WORKS!

I am having excactly the same problem , mine goes back today for New exchange today (Best buy warranty)
    Ok so after about two months on my third Treo, I think I'm home free. No problems whatsoever to speak of ... until yesterday. I became victim to the same problem you all are describing. Freeze on incoming call, constant network search. After a handful of hard resets and backup later, I think I've got it. I only have the essentially installed (means no more games, but that's ok ... I hadn't used them anyways). Hopefully this "fix" holds up because I am dreading going back to my local Sprint store ... they already know me by name at about three.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast