Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Wait another 3 months and we'll see...others with Rev C have experienced this issue.
    Yeh, I suppose that's something to look forward to...

Any idea what's going on here? Firmware, hardware?? Its surprising to see so many devices failing at the same time.
    i had a rev c phone with the same problem.... spint store tech tested and unit was defective.... that was friday. today, tuesday, i have a refurb in hand sent overnight and it is a rev b phone. hopfully i have no more problems.... my first phone was received in mid october.
    i had a rev c phone with the same problem.... spint store tech tested and unit was defective.... that was friday. today, tuesday, i have a refurb in hand sent overnight and it is a rev b phone. hopfully i have no more problems.... my first phone was received in mid october.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I recieved one of those first week phones too. And it started having the Network Search problem just before 90 days of use.

I have a new Rev. C phone now. Let's see what happens in April.

While I was on the phone the six times talking to Sprint CS, I asked them if they were aware of the Network Search problem. Only two of the six had heard of it. They had both recieved customer calls on it. They said no one at Sprint was sure what the problem was about yet. But when I return my defective Rev B phone, I am going to label it as a "Network Search" problem phone. Maybe by then their engineering team will be looking for samples of the failure.

I just hope they have it figured out by April.
    Well I had a rev C with the network search problem.
    Now I have a refurb Rev B. We shall see if this re-appears in a couple of months. Just out of curiousity, are the refurb phones better than the ones off the product line, what are your opinions?
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Yeah. Why are you guys getting refurbs and not a new replacement?

I got m Rev C. on the first week of January. It seems like it's slowly having the glowing fade problem on the screen.
    Just had mine replaced due to the Network Search Problem. Went down to my local Sprint store and they replaced it with a NEW one from stock. Just finished restoring my backup and I am back up and running. Whole process took less than 20 minutes at the Sprint PCS store. Made a few calls on it and everything seems smooth.
    JJennings,
    does your new one have that yellow tinge/glow around all four sides of the screen?
    No yellow. Screen is beautiful. Buttons also feel much crisper than my previous model.

Only complaint is I am STILL waiting for vision to provision ....
    I'm so jealous, my refurbished phone is working fine though
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I too bought my Treo 600 when it first came out in late August early October.

I've been very happy with it until today. Now after reading this thread I'm afraid I may have to go postal on Sprint.

Last night my phone was working fine. I used it to transfer files from my SD card using the Card Export program, then got online for a little bit using PDAnet and everything was working great.

I actually took note that the battery was at probably 75 - 80% yesterday before I plugged it up to get online. At that point I figure it should have recharged fully during the time that I was on the internet. (It usually does)

Well, this morning my alarm went off to wake me up as normal but after turning the alarm off I noticed that my battery was in the red!?!?!?!?

I came to work (where I don't have a charger) and two hours later the phone has 3% battery remaining. 1 hour later I turned it on to check some contact information and it completely shutdown.

I have not noticed any problems finding the network or dropped calls, but then I don't rely on the phone functions very heavily either.

I hope I don't have the same problem everyone else does but it's not looking too good considering this thread just started like 5 days ago and has so many replies alrerady.

I'm hoping I will get home and it will recharge and come back to life with no problems, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll keep ya posted.

--TechDude
  12. agn
    well it's now happening to me as well. After 3 months of trouble free usage, i get the Network search problem repeatedly even though im next to another "new" treo user who has no network search issues.

The batter doesn't charge as fast as it used to and this is all within the last week.

On top of everything using the 3rd party charger i bought from treocentral has caused the phone to hard crash 2 times losing everything (Last week on a trip to vegas i lost all with no way to sync) I am now installing the SD backup program to avoid that problem, but I can't even make calls today because its constantly dropping to network search. THIS SUCKS!
    Well, I got home and plugged it in and as soon as it came on it was back in the same application in the same spot that it shutdown at. Not only that but it also said it had a 22% charge!?!?!? Weird!

I did a soft reset to see if it would show a higher charge as some others posted it did for them and it quickly jumped to 25%. A minute or two later is showed 33%. I actually had to leave the house at this point (only stopped in for a moment) so I unplugged it and took it with me to see if it would fail again. But it didn't.

I'm back home now and it appears to be charging at a normal rate. I have made two phone calls and both worked fine. So (knock on wood) maybe my problem was just a fluke. I guess we'll see tomorrow since the problem happened overnight last night.

--TechDude
    Posted by: agn

On top of everything using the 3rd party charger i bought from treocentral has caused the phone to hard crash 2 times losing everything (Last week on a trip to vegas i lost all with no way to sync) I am now installing the SD backup program to avoid that problem, but I can't even make calls today because its constantly dropping to network search. THIS SUCKS!
    What kind of third party charger was it? I had considered buying a minisync cable online for my phone but I'm having second thoughts after reading your post.

--TechDude
  15. agn
    not sure who makes it. I ordered it from treocentral, it's FATTER at the part where it connects to the phone, and the metal prongs that snap in seem to big. Both times, when i removed or plugged in the charger, the phone did a hard reset and was at complete default settings with no data, when it came back on.
    I had the same problem with a Rev A phone I purchased new on October 8th. 2 Weeks ago when the problem started happening, I had a new one sent to me under warranty replacement. The new one is Rev C. It took 4 days for the same problem to occur with this phone. UPS is now delivering my 3rd Treo. None of the phones had low battery or charging issues. If the 3rd phone doesn't work I'm bailing from Treo land and going to a Sanyo VM4500 and a seperate PDA.
    Originally posted by TechDude
    Well, I got home and plugged it in and as soon as it came on it was back in the same application in the same spot that it shutdown at. Not only that but it also said it had a 22% charge!?!?!? Weird!

I did a soft reset to see if it would show a higher charge as some others posted it did for them and it quickly jumped to 25%. A minute or two later is showed 33%. I actually had to leave the house at this point (only stopped in for a moment) so I unplugged it and took it with me to see if it would fail again. But it didn't.

I'm back home now and it appears to be charging at a normal rate. I have made two phone calls and both worked fine. So (knock on wood) maybe my problem was just a fluke. I guess we'll see tomorrow since the problem happened overnight last night.

--TechDude

Has anyone tried a hard reset and ran their T600 with no other apps? this could be a problem wiith a app that was loaded
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Anybody notice how this failure w/network search started about the same time (early January) as Sprint started to rollout the sms. At least thats when I noticed it. Suppose something they are doing with vision and the pcs network is causing this and it not the Treo at all?

Just a thought

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I never thought of that, that might just be it.
    I don't think the SMS rollout is the problem. We have seen posts from people with 2 treos side by side, and only one of them has the network search problem. I believe it is a quality control issue as my NEW replacement treo is working flawless.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast