Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    I was told the refurbs are all new guts - so the ESN should not matter. But they clearly do not do any testing cuz my 4th replacement starting dropping calls on the second day. I am now on my 5th.

Weirdest thing was it did not work at all in airports but was OK now and then at home...but still 90% dropped calls regardless.

Battery life did not matter - full or low it was bad. If I disconnected and reconneted wireless it would work for one call and then poof.

Now I have lots of stylus's as they let me keep mine
    I had my first experience with the Network Search issue with my new Treo 600, which is NOT one of the bad ESN ranges. Very annoying and I hope it doesn't start happening again a lot.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    I started experiencing this a few weeks ago and went to the Sprint store last Wednesday. Thank god I did, as it was exactly one year to the day from my original purchase! The guy told me and said I was lucky I had brought it in. They ordered me a new one which is supposed to be in tomorrow.
    I started having this problem today. I got this phone around End of December 2003 - Early January 2004.. Replaced it for a new one around July due to a blown up speaker. Now, I noticed that I get a network search problem when my battery is at 17%. I was testing it before. I had the network search problem. I charged it up to 28%. The problem was gone. I used pocket tunes to play music so that it would drain the battery down. It got down to 17%, and I decided to check my voicemail. And it worked. After hanging up the phone. The phone reset itself and then I couldn't go into wireless mode by holding down the button. And the network search problem appeared.

Now, is this the same problem you guys are having? I've been searching the posts, and I'm not sure if this is the same. Or if it's because of Sprint fixing the towers today? I don't think I've had this before, but then again, I don't think I ever had this problem or left my phone all the way down to 17%. Though 2 nights ago, I was on the phone all the way until the battery died on me. So, I guess it did work all the way down to 0%. Also, my ESN# is 4000 above the range that I've seen posted on the boards.

I hope someone can give me some advice or help on this before my year warranty runs out. I think I got about one week or 2 weeks.
    Try reading posts, 68, 95, 97, and 99.
    Hell, just read the whole discussion, there's good info here.

Anyways, the advice is to get it replaced, but expect a fight from the rep - you'll need to be well informed when you go in.
    So I got my Treo back in March of 04. Started having network search problems around July.

Started having extremly slow charge times and quick discharges around September or October.

My phone was under warranty BUT we still paid the $50 insurance replacment fee. You think your treated bad by the company? My wife is an employee and my phone is on her account. We live in New Mexico where Sprint does not own the network. Its owned by a company called Alamo PCS and this is an affiliate market. They will NOT deal with a Sprint Employee or give you so many excuses or reasons they cant help you that you end up leaving.

Sad.

But my new/refurbed phone works so oh well. Just wont be happy if in 3 - 5 months it starts again.

How bout a nice Motorola BRICK with an LED display. At least it worked.

Stephen
    OK, anyone got links to the ESN range? Also, someone mentioned the problem is documented on Palm's web site? Link? My T600 is getting worse by the day, I'm a business customer, and NEED this thing to work right...so I need to gather the information and present my case to ensure a good result. Oh, anyone had any luck getting a T650 out of them by complaining loud enough?
    Oh, one wierd thing...wondering if anyone else has noticed this...the search problem only occurs when it's running off the battery, if plugged in, it seems fine. Is this problem jsut due to a dead/dying battery? My battery currently shows 47% and I can't make a single phone call...
    There are some posts around here mentioning that if you have to return three separate Treo 600's, they'll give you the 650 FOC (free of charge). Kinda like a lemon policy.

I've gone through 3 600's, but b4 the 650 was released. When this one dies (as it inevitably will), I'll be yammering for a 650, for sure.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    SInce I purchased it in Aug 2004 My Treo 600 has been replaced twice with a new not refirb units. It is only 4 to 5 months old and I seem to be having this "Network Search" Problem I have read about on the board. My service is Verizon. It has only happened twice the last time was last night at home. My battery is currently at 41% and I have not charged it since last night. I use my car charger about 80% of the time vs the home wall charger. Should I wait until it gets worse or call Verizon now? The local store in my area is crazy I could wait 1 to 2 hours to get through tech support. No Fun at all.
    Well, I went to the Sprint Store yesterday. My T600 is out of warranty but I have the insurance. They swapped it out on the spot, and admitted that it's a known problem. I'm back up & running (for how long, who knows, but I now have a 1 year warranty again)...thanks guys...
    Ok, so I replaced three Treo600s due to Network Search issues. The fourth time, I asked for the cameraless version that is branded "palmone". After a few months it developed the same problem as the others. It can happen at full battery, as well, just not as frequent. All you need is two bars or fewer signal - the phone attempts to transmit at higher power, and kaboom - network search issue. My phone does not fall in the ESN range. So the sprint store manager says he'll replace the phone, but they can't order the cameraless version from the store - its not in their warehouse or on the order sheet. So if I want a replacement, I have to go back to the camera, which I can't bring into work (govt contractor).

Personally, I dont think that PalmOne really fixed the problem in any of their refurbs - they are just buying time by recycling batteries. What can be done to get SOME level of satisfaction for my 600 dollar purchase? All I want is a phone that I know will work for at least 2 years. That's all I'm asking for. Isn't there someone we can all complain to at PalmOne to do something about this obviously major defect?

Oh yeah, the REAL kicker is a while back I got this letter in the mail from PalmOne. It stated they were sorry that I had so many issues with my phone, and they were giving me a free accessory for my troubles. HA! They put the accessories on sale big time like a week later anyways. What a joke. I don't want no stinkin' accessory, I want a phone that I can depend on when I need to use it. This is ridiculous.

End Rant.

-A frustrated Treo enthusiast, former early adopter who refuses to pay for a 650 until PalmOne gets their act together and builds a quality product.
    After much complaning and moaning Verizon agreed to replace my treo with a new unit and not a refurbished one. This is my 4th unit. The latest one was failing constantly due to the "No Service" problem. I did not get a "Network Search" display only "No Service" but this sounds like the same problem everyone is discussing here. But I am now certain this problem is directly related to the battery. The last time I was having the problem my battery was at 50% and I could not make a call. it kept dropping calls right after I pressed send. I got a beep and then "No Service" But When I pluged in the charger I had no problem. Keep in mind this unit was only 3 months old! Has Palm addressed this issue? Now that I have a new one I want to do what ever I can if possible to make sure I don't have this problem again. So here is my question.

I have read that you should never let the treo battery die. If this is so how often should you charge it? I usually charge it while I am driving; sometimes Whether it needs it or not. Is that bad? I want to keep it charged so its available when I need it but is over charging a problem? Is using the car charger for 90% of charging needs ok?

Second unrelated question I like having the phone available when someone calls. So I like to keep it on my belt and not in a breifcase or pocket. The case I received from verizon is nice but it is starting to streach out. The phone is kind of loose and I am afraid it my fall out or come off my belt and fall. For the people who like to carry the unit on there hip what case do you think is the best? Is the alumnium case good?
    Same issue with me yesterday. Verizon T600 about 3 months old:-(

Verizon is sending a referb to me today. I'm in sales and I have a week long road trip. AM i Screwed?
    They sent mine over night so you should be ok. I want to know if this problem has been addressed or will we be back in the same boat in a few months.
    just got the new one , we'll see.
    Because of the network search problem, today I got my third Treo, a refurb. It replaces a brand-new one they gave me in November to replace the year-old one I had before. I did my best to convince the Sprint drones in the store and at the customer service number to just let me GIVE THEM MONEY to upgrade to the 650, but they weren't having it. (I was really bummed to give them my pristine, 3-month-old one and take a refurb with a paint blemish.)

One of the store drones let it slip that if this one fails, they'll bump me up to the 650.

I'm not all that interested in the 650 - I certainly wasn't going to buy one outright - but if that's what it takes to get away from these buggy 600s, so be it.
    I've had my Treo 600 about a year. Now, all of a sudden, the battery won't hold a charge. I never did any of the software upgrades. Should I try that first before taking it to the Sprint store?
    The Sprint warranty is only a year, correct? My warranty date is 10.22.2003, so does that mean I have no recourse through Sprint for the network search problem?

I suppose I might as well try the upgraded battery thing.

eKennedy
    I would definitely march into a Sprint store and see if a human in front of you denies you service. It seems network search problem is so well known and documented, they'd have a harder time denying it's existence and your need for warranty repair.

'Course my assumption that Sprint hires humans for their stores may be all wrong...
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast