Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    if i bought the treo from palmone directly, do you think i can call tmo for the repair / exchange? i am waiting for the DHL to delivery. they said they "did not" pick up the unit yesterday from the service center. anyway. i know P1 mostly will send me a refurb one. if TMO would send a brand new one, i might try to call TMO next time, if any problems happen to the replacement unit.
    Have had this problem for weeks, progressively worse. Now I can't send or receive calls unless the phone is on the cradle. Never had an issue with any Sprint phone before, so this would be my first phone related support experience.

Called Sprint, they said to take it to a store to get tested. Went to an affiliate store, they tested it and it failed. Not that there was going to be any doubt. They still suggested a hard reset, interestingly enough. Talk about clueless. Anyway - and get this - there is a minor cosmetic scratch on the bottom left corner of the phone so they said there was evident 'drop damage' and they wouldn't replace it. They recommended I file a claim with LockLine. They wouldn't budge. I about flipped, I admit I was pissed by the time I left.

Came home, called Sprint again, not expecting any joy with a level 1 CSR, but I politely explained my problem and the CSR ("Carrie") said, let me speak with my supervisor, and whaddaya know 1 min later she came back on and said that they were going to send me a new Treo, even though the had never heard of the problem before. Miracles do happen! Good thing too, my contract is up next month and I wouldn't have stayed. Way to go Sprint, you saved a customer.

Good luck to the rest of you in this predicament.

Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    if i bought the treo from palmone directly, do you think i can call tmo for the repair / exchange? i am waiting for the DHL to delivery. they said they "did not" pick up the unit yesterday from the service center. anyway. i know P1 mostly will send me a refurb one. if TMO would send a brand new one, i might try to call TMO next time, if any problems happen to the replacement unit.
    For what it's worth, I bought mine directly from P1 during their upgrade promotion for T300 users. Sprint swapped it without ever mentioning it (per my previous post).

Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by cbtrussell
    For what it's worth, I bought mine directly from P1 during their upgrade promotion for T300 users. Sprint swapped it without ever mentioning it (per my previous post).

Brandon
    thx. then i will call tmo next time.
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. I immediately went to my local Sprint store with my 2nd hand Treo 600. They told me it was still under warranty and handed me a brand new Treo off the shelf behind them. I was in shock! They configured it and I was on my way within 10 minutes.

Woohoo.
    I took mine into the Sprint Store just now, and explained that I was having problems with the headset and dropped calls and that my Treo's ESN was in the range of ESNs with this known issue. The sales girl looked over at her manager, who had overheard this conversation, and he said "Just order him a new one."

Unfortunately they didn't have any Treos in stock, but I'll get it in 5 business days.

My favorite part is that I bought the Treo off of eBay. I guess, ultimately, somebody had to buy it from Sprint at some point, since it's Sprint-branded, but I still think it's neat that Sprint is replacing a phone that I didn't buy directly from them.
    I have been having this problem as well. I just got back from the local Sprint store and they ordered me a refurb handset which should be in the store by Thusday. I simply explained the problem (mentioning some of the facts gleaned from this thread) and they were quick to get me the replacement handset. Hopefully the next one won't have the same problem down the line.
    Lately, my phone has been having trouble connecting to the Sprint network. I'll dial a number at my house with two bars of service. Immediatly after dialing the bars will disappear. Then I get a message saying that the signal faded and to redial. Is this the same problem? It doesn't seem to depend on the battery level.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazinglySmooth
    Lately, my phone has been having trouble connecting to the Sprint network. I'll dial a number at my house with two bars of service. Immediatly after dialing the bars will disappear. Then I get a message saying that the signal faded and to redial. Is this the same problem? It doesn't seem to depend on the battery level.

Cheers
    I had the exaxt same problem. Took it to a Sprint store, and it failed all of the "tests" they ran on it. They swapped it out with a brand new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jMac
    I have been having this problem as well. I just got back from the local Sprint store and they ordered me a refurb handset which should be in the store by Thusday. I simply explained the problem (mentioning some of the facts gleaned from this thread) and they were quick to get me the replacement handset. Hopefully the next one won't have the same problem down the line.
    I had the same problem and the first time my local Sprint store ordered a refurb. It developed same problem within 2 weeks. Turns out it was in the same bad sn range per this info from another post on this discussion board:

All ESNs between 09600716001 - 09600864216 that experience this issue will be covered under the standard warranty.

see here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=10

Then I called Sprint business tech support, explained what I went through, and they ordered a new one for me, actually sent it out overnight express. I returned my old one in the same box. Now everything is working great again.
    Follow up on my posts above.

Received the replacement Treo, actually got a new unit (although I didn't really care if it was new or refurb). Everything works great. In fact, the old phone and the new phone were both Rev C, but the camera on the new unit is significantly better, and the data services are much faster. I am a happy camper all around.

Does anyone know if Sprint is going to complain if I don't send back the stylus with the old phone?

Brandon
    I seem to have forgotten to send my stylus back and never heard a word...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I tried to give my stylus back and they told me to keep it as a backup. Cool!
    Okay guys, where exactly is the ESN found?
    See the label on the back of the phone and use the decimal number next to "ESN DEC"
    LOL - I guess I've got a spare stylus now. Thanks for the feedback

Brandon
    I too suffered the dead battery problem. I now see that it is commone and my network search problems were related to that. My local Sprint store was familiar with it and ordered me a new T600 and gave me a loaner until mine arrives. It works ok as a phone in the car kit cradle, most of the time, but I was getting pretty frustrated thinking I now have ~$1000 invested in my phone, car kit, software, cradles, cords, and cases and might have to change phones. I'll let you know if my replacement has a problem.
    E. A. Clark
    Hi all,

After receiving a replacement phone last month for this issue, my NEW treo 600 has now developed it as well. The ESN number is newer than the range posted previously.

I think there's a serious engineering defect here.
    I was one of the first orders placed when the T600 was released and have been so far thrilled with my new baby. Then I started having the same symptoms as everyone here on my Rev. B (Bad ESN range phone) so I printed up all the documentation I could find and headed over to the sprint store, loaded for bear. I handed the tech my phone, explained the problem, and handed him the printouts of what I'd read here. Naturally, he needed a senoir techs approval before he could do anything. The senior tech took one look at my paperwork, smiled, and handed me a new Treo. Thanks to BackupMan I was fully re-configured in less than 5 minutes.
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me the ammunition I needed to get my warranty replacement.
    Everything is great with the new phone but I did notice .... My new phone is a refurb Rev. C AND it is in the bad range.... Hope it doesn't crap out on me!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clorenger
    I tried to give my stylus back and they told me to keep it as a backup. Cool!
    I tried to keep mine but they told me I couldn't keep it!!!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast