1.    #1  
    I'm a T-Mobile customer and am about to purchase an unlocked 270. The plan is to add Internet service to my T-Mobile plan and put my SIM card into the unlocked 270.

However I've read that unlocked phones cannot access any carrier's internet service so the 270 would only be usable as a PDA and a phone, but couldn't access the internet.

Does anyone know if this is true or false?

Thanks!!
    Adam
    If you buy an unlocked Treo-270, you can access the internet without subscribing to Tmo's $19.99 internet plan. There are numerous posts on this subject. Search for this subject and you will find really good information. If you're rich and want to throw away $20 per month, sign up for Tmo's unlimited internet access.

Your contention that unlocked phones cannot access any carrier's internet service so the 270 would only be usable as a PDA and a phone is totally incorrect. If you buy an unlocked Treo-270 and insert your Tmo SIM card, you'll be able to use all the functionalities of the Treo-270.
    like ravis said... your sim card should work just dandy in the unlocked 270. If you want to use internet other than email and web browsing (service that use more than those standard ports), you _will_ need the internet plan. At $19.95 per month, t-mo's is pretty good. If you are just going to use email and web, t-zones shoudl work fine... and is free (right ravic?)